4.0 out of 5 stars Video Demonstration of the Cuisinart 600 Watt Blender
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:59 Mins
The Cuisinart SmartBlender 600 has a wide base, powerful motor, and heavy-duty glass jar. Watch it in action!

-- Debbie Lee Wesselmann
Published on November 17, 2010 by Debbie Lee Wesselmann

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible product and customer service
Published on January 19, 2012 by Ackerman clan

4.0 out of 5 stars Video Demonstration of the Cuisinart 600 Watt Blender, November 17, 2010
This review is from: Cuisinart SPB-600 SmartPower Deluxe Die Cast Blender, Stainless (Kitchen)
Length:: 2:59 Mins

-- Debbie Lee Wesselmann

5.0 out of 5 stars simple but indestructible, February 1, 2011
I use a blender for making dips and salad dressings. Most of my base ingredients are cheeses which can and have burned up several blender motors. This unit is very powerful and there has not been a hint of a hot motor on any of my creations as yet. With it's simple controls it is preventing me from destroying it. Who needs ten plus power selections like on most blenders. We all have smelled burning motor coils on products like this one. I have finally met my match and look forward to many more creative dip and dressing moments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever Design, Reasonable Price, August 22, 2012
I researched a significant number of blenders before choosing this one, all the way up to Vitamix and Blendtec. I had believed that the correct price-point for around two hundred dollars, so started my search there. Nearly every blender I read about had some fatal flaw, so I was surprised to find this model at under one hundred. I am very happy with this blender. The designers at Cuisinart really put some thought into this product.

We've been using it for about 1 month, probably 3-4 time per week. Lots of smoothies and soups.

In summary, here are the things that convinced me to buy this model, or have pleasantly surprised me while using it:

1) Removable blades for cleaning. Many higher-end model don't allow this, and I believe this will lead to gross stuff growing in the bottom. But beware, the blades are sharp.
2) Rubber ring sealing the jar with the blades/base. I believe this is the smart way to design a blender.
3) Easy to remove screw-on base from jar. Rubber ring makes it easy to know how tight to make it.
4) Sealed buttons on motor unit--doesn't allow liquids to get into motor unit. Buttons have small LEDs on them.
5) Clever design of base of jar, that captures drips before they get into motor or on counter.
6) Very quiet in low speed setting (surprisingly quiet, but typically powerful enough for the job). But noisy (as expected) at high speed.
7) Nicely designed/secure lid for jar. Seals tight, but not hard to remove. A flexible plastic, with several tiers of seals.
8) Glass jars isn't too heavy, and its weight keeps the jar from moving during blending (you don't need to hold it). Good handle.
9) Pressed metal motor enclosure is durable and looks very nice. It's not plastic/cheap. Hopefully not prone to scratches.
10) Coupling/interface between motor and jar/blades is plastic, but a slightly flexible plastic that I believe will last a long time, since it absorbs the mechanical shock at start-up.
11) Looks nice enough to leave on counter.
12) Jar design is reasonably good at keeping contents blending. Requires some pushing if frozen fruit put in, unless you add some liquid, too. Vitamix has a flat-bottom jar which probably works better, but those units are 4-7x the price.
13) Limited number of buttons. Not sure why some models really need 5-10 speed settings.
14) No leaks so far.

Features like slow start and auto-pulse (like on some other more expensive blenders) may have been nice additions, but I didn't see too many reviews that claimed these features were so important.

Again, I am really pleased with this blender, especially at the price-point. And I praise the designers for putting some clever features into it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible product and customer service, January 19, 2012
I usually never write reviews of products, but I have to for this. I purchased this product due to the rave reviews on the website as well as previous experience with cuisinart products. I received the first blender and the lid would not fit in easily and when trying to make smoothies, it wouldn't blend anything together and we were left with very large chunks in our smoothies. I called and was sent another one immediately because I felt this must be a lemon given the rave reviews. The second one worked the same and I wanted them both returned. I was sent a return label for one of them and still have the second one at home ( a month later). Customer service is very difficult to deal with and not straight forward or forth coming on how to return the second product. I do a lot of online shopping and this is the worse return policy/customer service that I have ever experienced.

4.0 out of 5 stars Going strong after 3 years..., May 20, 2011
ELY "Lovu" (Wilmington, NC) - See all my reviews
Someone in our family owns it and said it was great. We make frozen fruit smoothies every morning and it literally ruins my morning. It takes forever because I have to keep opening and stirring to get it to blend- super annoying. It immediately clumps all the fruit into one big ball and the blades just spin around it.
Sure its powerful and super loud also but it is not very effiecient. We are pretty disappointed in this product. I think our $30 blender worked just as well until it went out. This one is just louder, fancier looking, and way more expensive.

*****UPDATE****** I have since found a trick that makes this blender much more manageable- put the frozen fruit in the blender and allow it to sit in there to thaw for about 15 minutes before blending. My husband discovered this trick, he just fills the blender before his morning shower and when he get back to it it's ready to go.
(My first trick worked also-having him make our morning smoothies, that was what first trick that solved this problem ;)

Upgraded my review 12/10/12 from 2 to 4 stars simply because this thing has really lasted us and has stayed in good condition through quite a bit of use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Low-Cost Blender, April 13, 2011
I have had this blender for about a month. It replaced a less expensive, but not bottom-market, blender which had finally given up the ghost.

I use the blender to make Pina Coladas. I really like Pina Coladas and make a lot of them. These involve blending a large amount of ice. This blender chews through the ice and reduces it to a smooth, soft slushy. This has greatly improved the Pina Coladas.

Keep in mind, this is not a mega-buck blender. It is not, and will not perform like, a VitaMix or BlendTec. There are usually a couple of chunks of ice that escape the blades and wind up in my Pina Coladas. It's not perfect. It also costs about one eigth as much as a super-blender.

That said, the overall texture of the drink is much, much smoother than it was with my old blender.

This blender is also admirably heavy. You can fill it up with ice and cream-of-coconut, turn it on, and walk away. There is no hopping. It has a simple assembly that cleans easily.

I saw this blender at a mall store for a little over twice the Amazon price. I was not surprised. Everything about the construction and performance of this blender is consistent with a higher price. I am very pleased with this blender. I doubt very much that a better blender can be found for the money, or even for double the money.

If you are not in the market for a VitaMix or BlendTec but you want a high quality, high performance blender, this is a great choice. If you are trying to make good Pina Coladas, it's excellent. It would probably work just as well with Rum Runners or Margaritas, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Blender!!!, April 14, 2011
This is the 4th blender I've bought in 6 months. Tried to find a good one in my local stores before buying one on the web. I would buy one, return it and then try again. I had just about given up on finding one with a glass jar, strong motor and able to really crush ice. After 2 hours of reading about blenders on Amazon and other web sites, I decided to try this because I like my Cuisinart mini food processor. I was nervous about buying it since it didn't have any reviews, and boy am I glad I did!!! So glad I decided to give this a try!! Since purchasing it over a month ago, my daughter and I have used it on an almost daily basis. It's an awesome blender and the red color is beautiful!

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good...., February 2, 2011
It's always tough to review a blender after only a month, especially if it was a gift for my retired mother. A lot of crappy blenders still look pretty good after only a month. The real test will be where things are 2-3 years from now.

I was able to use the blender while making a large batch (30+ people) of carrot soup puree. And my mother has used it quite extensively to make various smoothies and the like.

Initial impressions -- We both really like the wide base. You really don't have to worry about it tipping over at all. The seal and blade assembly come apart and put back together very easily for cleaning -- I actually like this design better than my own slightly more expensive KitchenAid blender with the irremovable bottom. It's easy to tighten and untighten, even for my mother, without it leaking. The top is real nice for adding things to your purees. There are also nice speed controls to keep it from shooting out the top when you start your pureeing. Sturdy base that's easily cleaned. Nice stainless steel look for the counter-top.

No real negatives to speak of so far. For the price, it definitely is a solid blending machine!

1.0 out of 5 stars Works good at first..., January 2, 2011
I purchased this in 2010 and only used it for protein shakes. It worked great until 2012 when it started making very frothy and foamy shakes that were undrinkable. I never put ice cubes or hard substances in it, it just stopped working properly. It was under warranty so I sent it to Cuisinart for repair. They sent it back to me without noting what repairs had been done. When I emailed them inquiring about the repair, they were very cagey and stated that they don't tell you what repairs are done. The blender still doesn't work correctly and they will not replace it. After receiving this ridiculous email below, I will not be purchasing any additional Cuisinart products:

Valued Customer,

Thank you for your inquiry. I have found some brands of protein powder make a lot more foam than others. If the foam really bothers you, you might try some other brands to see if they are less foamy. I haven''t found one that makes no foam, but I definitely find some are foamier than others. The foaming results may be from the whey protein isolate if it is in your protein powder.

If you have any further questions please reply, with history, to this email. We invite you to call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-726-0190, if you prefer. The hours of operation are 7 AM -11 PM EST Monday through Friday and 9 AM - 5:30 PM on Saturdays and Sundays, excluding major holidays.

Sincerely,
Douglas
Cuisinart Customer Service Representative

1.0 out of 5 stars Gigundous piece of crap!, March 14, 2013
I got this as a Father's Day gift in 2012, and it didn't last a year. Let's start with the positives of this blender...oh wait, there aren't any! The carafe unscrews itself while blender is running unless you ask a huge roided up wrestler to tighten it for you. Then, of course, you've got to get it unscrewed for cleaning. If that weren't bad enough, the blender started producing this fine black powder a few weeks ago, and I knew either someone was cleaning their rifle over the blender or there was a'trouble brewin.

It turns out that that fine black powder was the innards of the blender disintegrating like the Detroit Lions during a playoff appearance. The spinner seized up this morning, and the part that is attached to the motor that spins the metal chopping implement isn't what I would call "present any longer". You're better off setting fire to your money than buying this.

Rate and Discover Movies