Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cuisinart WOK-730 7-2/7-Quart Electric Wok, Stainless Steel
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on May 3, 2005
I have always use the traditional Chinese iron wok, but, with the gas stove at home it was never hot enough,or it only heats up the bottom ring and the sides were not hot enough to stir fry, as soon as vegetable is put in, it has to wait for the temperture to get hot again, by then the water on the vegetable comes out and it gets very watery.
I try the Cuisinart electric wok and I am please to say it did work great, the temp. was good, no more watery veggies.
With the non stick surface it was great for stirr fry and seasoning and sauce.
THE ONLY DRAW BACK IS THE LID.
BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THE LID, IT GETS VERY VERY HOT AND IT WILL BURN YOUR HAND, SO BE SURE TO USE A HOT PAD.
It is easy to clean, and easy to store, better then the old traditional wok that does not sit good on a stove top for Oriental cooking.The only thing is I can not use my metal spatula on the non stick surface, but my teflon utensils work just as good.
on September 30, 2005
We've owned this Cuisinart Wok for just over six months now, and my husband and I both love cooking with it. I owned another electric wok for 17 years (a West Bend I think)and it's not the kind of thing you replace until it breaks ... but I'm actually glad it did. The Cuisinart heats up much hotter and more evenly, producing great stir fried foods. It also cleans up very easily because the wok can be released from the base to go right into the sink. Afterwards, it locks back securely into the base for storage and for cooking. It's also not too heavy or awkward to pull in and out of the cupboards under the stove. I highly recommend this item.
on June 8, 2006
Wow. What a nice machine. I have used stove-top woks before, even though we have an electric range. They never seemed to work as they should. Even when using a butane countertop burner the results were disappointing. So when I saw this Cuisinart electric wok I was intrigued, not least because it was designed and made by a decent company, which satisfies with its other products. Being a former design and manufacturing engineer I saw the advantage of the high heat output of this elegantly designed wok. When I read other peoples' reviews I just had to try it. My wife gave it to me as a present, and I just love it. It gets to temperature very quickly, maintains that temperature, and has no little "quirks" that I can detect. It excels at browning during stir-frying, probably the toughest test for the heating element. I also love the way it comes apart for cleaning, doing so very quickly and logically. It is very easy to clean (non-stick interior), either in the sink or dishwasher. And I love the stainless steel, it being much easier to maintain. The included steamer rack is large enough for both of us to have a meal. What a winner, and I cannot believe the reasonable price for what one gets.
on August 22, 2005
The quality of the Cuisinart WOK-730 7-2/7-Quart Electric Wok, Stainless Steel is unsurpassed. It is a quality product and well worth the price. Foods heat evenly and clean-up is easy. Would highly recommend this product.
on March 6, 2006
This wok is easy to use, I like that the pan detaches from the heating unit, making it so easy to clean. Gets really hot so you can have crisp cooked veggies just like the restaurants cook them.
on February 14, 2007
I cook with this wok several times a week since my wife and I are trying to eat healthier meals. The quality is outstanding, it has the power to maintain its heat when adding foods and the clean up is so easy. The detachable base is great! The price is more than I would like to pay, but it is a Cuisenart and you get what you pay for!

I live in a metro area and could not find an electric WOK with any quality anywhere. In fact I only found one and it looked rather cheap!
on January 15, 2006
The wok is great, good looks and easy to clean...just pop it in the dishwasher.
on February 15, 2007
Heats evenly and quickly. A breeze to clean. And, it's fabulous looking!
on January 26, 2007
We cook in this wok several times a week. The quality is outstanding and the clean up is so easy. The detachable base is a must! This is a large wok and will allow you to make very large portions. The price is below what I would expect to pay.
on February 23, 2006
Unit works great, heats up fast, easy to clean, and much better built than the typical discount store models. It looks like this willlast a long time.

See 1 answered question