Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Red|Change
Price:$3.36+ Free shipping

on September 16, 2011
If I would left my review soon after I bought this corer (as most customers do) it would be happy 5 stars review as I really liked this gadget in the beginning. It made right hole - not too small, not too big, and I could get the apple core out of it with one slight motion, so I almost abandoned my old OXO corer that I had been using before.

But after about 3 months of regular use the inner spring in the corer that kept the metal parts together got really weak, and the corer's regular position became PERMANENTLY SLIGHTLY OPEN. All the fun of using it disappeared immediately. In addition yesterday (after 3.5 months of use) one of the rivets popped out... so now I'm coring apples again with my old good OXO gadget that I bought a few years ago.

Kind of disappointing experience, I'd not recommend you to buy Cuisipro Apple Corer if you are going to use it often.

UPDATE:
I kept using this corer from time to time when I needed to core an apple and my other corer happened to be in the dishwasher. So here is my update: the inner spring got broken completely and fell out - ALL RUSTY. It's NOT made of stainless steel for sure (which is very weird for a spring). And rivet fell out again and got lost.

Looks like this thing falls apart just after 4 months of use. An example of good idea that failed b/c of lousy implementation.
66 comments|190 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2013
I saw another reviewer who had the same experience I did. When you first get this product, you will undoubtedly be very pleased. It is ergonomic, well designed, effective, and useful. It appears well constructed.

Here are the two main issues;

(1) When you actually use it and rinse it off, the internal springs VERY rapidly rust
(2) The two little rivets around which the corer "pivots" very rapidly loosen up and fall out, rendering the product unusable unless you can find them and jam them back into place. But even if you can, they inevitably fall out again.

So, I first bought this in December of 2011. By February of 2012, I was having these problems. I thought maybe I just got a dud, and because I liked the product, I sent it back to Cuisinart. They replaced it. Same thing happened again with the replacement.

Long story short, yeah -- it's pretty cheap. But I'd rather not have to buy it every single year!
on September 28, 2010
I bought the Cuisipro Apple Corer because my 3 year old loves apples, but refuses to eat them sliced, and it's almost impossible to remove an apple core without hacking up the entire apple.

It works perfectly. The serrated edge (at the tip) allows you to easily puncture the apple, and a quick twist allows you to pull the entire core out. The corer opens, letting the core drop out--no digging it out with a pen or other instrument.

Also, there's a 25 year warranty offered by Cuisipro--takes 30 seconds to fill out a form online and you are set in case of breakage or other problems.

The price is a little high for just an apple core, however, it is well crafted, not flimsy metal. You don't have to worry about breaking/bending this on a hard Granny Smith. Well worth the price, in my opinion.
44 comments|58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2011
This thing is great. Very easy to use, quick to cleanup.
I like that it has the spring loaded piece to help you remove the core from the tool.

Highly recommend.

UPDATE:
Now that I have used this a bit more, I found a flaw in it. The spring loaded section that opens to release the apple core: it very quickly got out of alignment. It is only slightly off, and you can push it over to correct before using, but it is a bit annoying.

Still works fast and much better than a knife.
on June 6, 2012
Product was great at first and I loved it, then the pin came out of one side of the hinge rendering it virtually useless. Cannot figure how to fix it. I was quite frustrated and disappointed. Maybe I got a defective corer or maybe I just have tough apples, but I would not recommend this product to anyone.
on September 12, 2011
This thing works well when it stays in one piece. I am past the return period, I guess. The unit is riveted together and the torque of an apple blew out the rivet holding it together? Not a good thing. I am disappointed.
on November 11, 2010
This corer is beautifully designed: the shape of the handle allows pressure to be exerted easily. First one that's worked for me, ever. If you twist as you press down, the bruising of the fruit is greatly minimized. The core release is another brilliant feature. Apples have gone from "chore" to "treat"!
on January 3, 2011
I never knew coring apples could be fun!

Super sharp and goes right through the apple. (hint: sometimes rotating the corer just a hair helps it keep going effortlessly). Opening the corer, the apple core is easily removed from the unit. And clean-up is a snap.

Very ergonomic handle, feels very comfortable. Couldn't be more please with this product.
on March 22, 2012
I first thought this was the best apple coorer ever since it worked so well. Then after about 5 months it fell apart. The metal pin on one side just fell out one day. So for me it was a waste of money.
on May 11, 2011
I am quite pleased with the ease coring apples have become using this apple corer. I like the design as well. It is sharp & slides easily thru the apple & grabs & removes the entire core for easy disposal. The only drawback I experienced was when a rivet fell off. I reattached it with pliers. Hopefully it will stay on for a while.