Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Frosted|Size: 8-Inch|Change

on May 21, 2011
I purchased the Cuisipro Silicone Whisk because it is recommended by Cook's Illustrated. I made a maple syrup glaze yesterday using the Cuisipro Silicone Whisk. I had to switch to my Le Creuset silicone whisk in the middle of making the glaze because the Cuisipro is just not strong enough to be effective for glazes. It did fine when I beat eggs but could not handle whisking powdered sugar into maple syrup. I think it is flimsy. The tines are flimsy and there are not have enough tines to be effective. The tines are not strong enough and tend to bend when they hit the side of a bowl. That has never happened with any other whisk I ever owned, including other silicone whisks.
UPDATE 9/22/12: I've been using this whisk primarily for scrambled eggs. Last night I had to make a roux in my good cookware. The flour had to be gradually added and whisked into the simmering fat. I didn't want to mar my cookware and turned to the Cuisipro 10-inch Silicone Egg Whisk...what a mistake. The tines are so bendable it was unable to combine the ingredients without the tines bending. The flour and oil splashed out of the pan onto the stove top and my clothing. I should have used my Le Creuset 10-Inch Silicone Balloon Whisk, Cherry which is much more sturdy and allows me to control the ingredients without marring my cookware. I am at the point where I want to throw this whisk away. I really don't need it to scramble eggs because all my egg recipes call for the eggs to be lightly beat with a fork.
on July 3, 2012
I purchased this whisk and the flat version 3 years ago. Once a year, I pull them out of the drawer in an attempt to prove my money was not wasted on this purchase.

These whisks have a very soft silicon coating on the beater portion that tends to drag on the non-stick surface of the pans. It is like you are dragging rubber against rubber. There is way too much friction to actually whip anything in a pan. It definitely does not work well in a mixing bowl - there is too much friction.

PROS:

- Soft silicon coating on the beater will not scratch.

CONS:

- Beater is way too flexible. It can not be used effectively to whip any ingredients.

- Soft silicon coating creates a drag against any surface which it comes in contact.

SUMMARY:

These silicon whisks can not replace a regular stiff wire whisk. If you are worried about scratching your pans use wooden spoons and spatulas.
on June 17, 2015
I have 2 of these, and more recently bought an OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Silicone Balloon Whisk.

For this whisk, you can see build up under the silicone wire coating, which looks nasty, but it's not like it will get in contact with your food. On the older one, the silicone coating split on two of the wires. It took a little effort to remove the silicone coating from those wires, and then I put it in the dishwasher to get rid of the build up underneath. That whisk is no longer non-stick friendly, but still functional. These whisks are sturdy, and dishwasher safe.

I only recently bought the OXO, so it would be hard for me to judge any performance differences. However, for look and feel... The lengths are the same, so 10" does not include the loop on the end. The OXO does not have a loop for hanging. The OXO's wires are covered in solid red, not transparent, so if there were build up underneath, I wouldn't know about it. The OXO has a wider whisk. The OXO comes with the typical bulbous, black plastic handle that's supposed to make it more ergonomic.
on April 3, 2013
I'm really torn on this review. There are good things and bad. First, its well made, and the whisk is as described, but when the other reviews say it is small they mean it.... it is really small. I wanted something I could use to whisk sauces in nonstick pans, and this whisk is just a bit too short to accomplish that well. It is okay for beating eggs, but there isn't enough structure to the whisk part for much of anything else. I wouldn't purchase again - and frankly don't even use it to beat eggs, I like my longer stainless one for that. I should have paid attention to the other reviews.
on March 21, 2016
I never realized the difference between a nice whisk and a cheap one until I purchased this one. I was used to buying whatever was at Home Goods but I have decided to upgrade my kitchen utensils as I really love to cook. This was on Cook's Illustrated top list for non-stick whisks and it has not disappointed. It is great for scrambled eggs and I have even used it for stir fry's. The Cuisipro silicone whisk cleans easily and so far has not rusted (a problem with many of my old whisks). I highly recommend this whisk for anyone that cooks a lot and doesn't want to mess up their non stick pans.
on February 15, 2008
While I'm a tool guy, I purchased this mainly for my wife, who just can't get it through her head, that metal destroys non-stick pots and pans. She is always stirring food as it cooks with a metal whisk, fork or metal tongs.

We have three expensive, heavy duty, non-stick skillets that are now assigned the job, minus handles, of being pet food dishes. I bought this Cuisipro Silicone Egg Whisk and a pair of Cuisipro Silicone Tongs two months ago on Amazon.

The quality is great and my wife now uses them all of the time. Maybe our new pans will last for more than a couple of months.
on January 23, 2016
We bought this to replace an identical model that we used for years. Eventually, some of the coating on the wires broke. But we liked this well enough to get the exact smae thing (except in red this time).
on March 5, 2015
Sometimes you need to whisk in a non-stick pan so you need one of these. This is a good one, I've had others over the years and this is the best one. No need to look further, inexpensive, good quality, well balanced, thin coated wires, flexible, heat resistant coating. It's fine, you'll have it for many years.
on July 8, 2015
Best non stick whisk you can buy! It really is non stick and not flimsy or too rigid. It whips perfectly and keeps your non sticks scratch free. The coating is very durable. Another great recommendation from Cooks Illustrated
on August 13, 2008
Works well so far and I can use it on my Circulon pots and pans without fear. Because it's coated metal it still has a nice weight to it. The ones that are just silicon are often to0 flimsy.