5.0 out of 5 stars Uh, shyeah!
It's winter again and you all know what that means... OVEN TIME!

Published on January 18, 2012 by pdub

2.0 out of 5 stars CAN NOT BE USED TO CUT ON
important to note that you can't use this to cut things on... so you'd have to move from this sheet to a separate sheet if anything needs to be cut before you bake it. this drives me nuts. i have a typical nyc kitchen and i don't have the counter space. i should've bought this different silicone mat on amazon but they were sold out of it. i don't recommend this one.
Published 7 months ago by Radi0head

5.0 out of 5 stars Uh, shyeah!, January 18, 2012
pdub (chicago, il) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuissential SlickMat - Non-stick Silicone Baking Mat; Baking Sheet Size (Pastry Mat, Baking Liner) (Kitchen)
It's winter again and you all know what that means... OVEN TIME!

A friend of mine had recently alerted me to the existence of these newfangled silicone thingies so I decided to give one a try. I've been roasting vegetables with mine (cauliflower, sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, etc.) and my Cuissential SlickMat has been working out great. The veggies turn out pretty much the same as if they'd been roasted on foil -- same cook time, same level of caramelisation. One nice plus is that the tasty caramelised bits don't stick to the cooking surface and I can just slide them on to my plate (and into my mouth, shyeah).

Cleanup is easy with some warm soapy water. So far, no discolouring or any other visible change. I haven't used the SlickMat for baking desserts or roasting meat and can't say what the results would be. I plan to try, though.

Very happy so far with my purchase. It's also nice to cut down on waste from using all that foil. Shyeah!

+++
UPDATE (26 Jan, 2012):
I've been roasting a butt ton of veggies with the SlickMat and have noticed that it's starting to retain the odour of the last item cooked, despite a thorough wash with warm soapy water after each use. Not exactly a big problem at this point, but let's see how things go.

+++
UPDATE (11 Apr, 2012):
The SlickMat is still working great, but I would definitely advise against using the same one for all your baking/roasting. So, one each for veg, meat, sweets, and so on. It's no big deal if the SlickMat smells of brussels sprouts if you're going to roast cauliflower or eggplant next, but it might not go so well if you were to put on a batch of cookies. Also, the mat has taken on a bit of colour from the roasting, that can't be removed even with repeated washing with warm soapy water. I'm not too worried, but know that it's something to expect.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, Unbelievable!, October 10, 2011
Crazed One In The Burg (Fredericksburg, Virginia United States) - See all my reviews
I cannot believe how great these mats work. I ordered two of them to go with my new baking sheets. I chose Cuissential SlickMats because of a review that I read regarding them. The reviewer gave them her highest rating. I have to agree. I baked cookies that required a greased baking surface. I of course did not do this, instead I used my newl SlikMats and the cookies turned out perfect. I could literally pick them up without the use of a spatula after they cooled a bit. The clean up is fantastic. I just used a soapy sponge and wiped them and then rinsed. My baking sheets were perfectly clean. When I'm not using them I store them on my baking sheets. When I pull out the sheets to use, the SlikMats are already there. I will mention that the other reviewer who convinced me to go with these pointed out that they can be used on either side, a nice feature. I would definitely recommend the Cuissential SlikMats to anyone. I am so glad I bought these from DOMA via Amazon, I just wish I had done so years ago. Definitly worth the price and then some.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saves money!, January 25, 2012
Before I bought this, I was using foil on the bottom of my bake pans for things like baked fish which are hard to clean off of your pans. Nothing sticks to it and so far it hasn't discolored or caused any strange flavors in the foods that are cooked on it. It is easy to clean as well. I have to agree with other reviewers that there is a strange smell that comes from it the first time it's in the oven. The second time there was no smell, and the product instructions advise you to be aware that strange smells are normal during first time use. All in all, it saves me from using foil which saves me money, so I'm happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing...The Best Baking Tool In My Kitchen Next To My KitchenAid 300 Watt Stand Mixer, January 2, 2012
We first used this non-stick silicone baking mat for 400 Christmas cookies recently. We started our first batch of cookies on a regular non-stick cookie sheet (the cookies on the top of the plate in my submitted photo) and they came out dark on the bottom and light on the top.

The cookies on the bottom of the plate in the photo are cooked with the new silicone mat. The cookies not only do not burn they also are cooked evenly throughout the entire cookie and they are a consistent color.

Unbelievable. They actually tasted better than the cookies made without the mat.

You may have to extend the cooking time per batch of cookies by about a minute or two. You can touch the mat with your fingers and never get burned. I just ordered another mat to cut my cooking time in half. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this thing!, January 30, 2012
I've only used it once and I'm already in love! This thing is so easy to use, the cookies I baked didn't stick and it cleans up so easily! Everyone in the world should have one of these!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very handy, December 19, 2011
I ordered both Cuissential SlickMats and Silpat baking mats for my fiancee. She loves them. I read reviews of the Silpay baking mats that complained they were "too slick" and cookies spread out too much while baking. In our initial tests (yummy!) the Silpat cookies did spread out more than on these Cuissential SlickMats. Both are absolutely simple to use and baked goods are a snap to remove. NO sticking. Easy to clean. My only complaint would be the length - it is just a bit short of completely covering a bakers half-sheet. Other than that...flawless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Meets all Expectations, September 5, 2011
I researched many of the different brands of baking mats and decided on this one. I purchased it a few months ago and have used it extensively with different foods at different temperatures up to 475 degrees. The result for baking cookies is no brainer -- I believe all of the mats handle baking cookies at an optimum. It has also passed the test for sticky foods (frozen chicken wings), breaded items (keeping the crisp in the breading) and doesn't affect the taste or quality of the food. Using the mat is much healthier for our family (no use of oil or sprays) and saves us money (using aluminum foil adds up). Clean up is fast and easy, and I don't have to mess with washing and drying bulky baking pans and cookie sheets. Storing the mat flat in a drawer is easy and convenient The surface of the mat is accumulating some brown spots on it, but they don't affect the taste or quality of the food -- I'm viewing them as "seasoning" a pan. I'm more than delighted with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Slick Mat!, January 1, 2012
Laura Ogilvie "Mistress Minka" (Mountain View, California, US) - See all my reviews
My husband ordered some of these based on the reviews and they certainly live up to expectations. I also bought some new standard half-sheet pans and these fit perfectly. The mats are tough and stick to the pan just well enough that they don't slide around while in use as parchment paper does. Finished product comes right off in a most delightful manner, the mat picks right up and washes right off beautifully. Voilà, a sheet pan requiring the bare minimum cleaning. Lovely!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuissential SlickMat, April 15, 2013
Jason Yinger (Mechanicsburg, Pa United States) - See all my reviews
I have been using my SlickMats for a few months now and they work great. Even the stickiest doughs slide off easily after baking, and clean-up is super quick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, January 14, 2012
No need for non stick pans. Get yourself a quality pan and use the SlickMat. No hassles and easy to clean. Great Item!

Rate and Discover Movies