5.0 out of 5 stars Great for pros and home chefs
This book clears up the math questions for all levels of preparing foods. From the diference in dry measure to liquid measure to getting the quantities right for the number of guests you are feeding. Bravo!!
Published on December 31, 2001 by Arnie

3.0 out of 5 stars Culinary Math text
Sometimes hard to follow the examples in the book, and find solutions for the problems. Drove me crazy sometimes. For the most part I was able to figure things out with concentration & focus.
Published 13 months ago by Elaine Carey

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for pros and home chefs, December 31, 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally..., December 12, 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Culinary Math (Paperback)
This is what I've been waiting for. For those of us who aren't too good with numbers and measurements (foodservice math), this is a god-send. It's got great information and it makes the whole subject of "culinary math" reasonable and understandable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must buy culinary students, June 9, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Culinary Math (Paperback)
I'm a culinary student and found this book very helpful for converting units into metric units. It helped me with my baking class because it showed how to convert measurements properly and with great accuracy. I also used the following to study for the National Servsafe Test which is also on amazon.com:
Study Guide for the National Servsafe Exam: Key Review Questions and Answers with Explanations (ISBN: 0971999678). It showed me the type of questions asked on the exam. In addition, was quite helpful for my sanitation class. Get both books if you're in culinary school.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exelent Book, April 3, 2007
This review is from: Culinary Math (Paperback)
I am a Chef Instructor and this book is been very helpfull. It is very complete from the measurements to the cost control and is easy to understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars CUlinary Math has lots to offer, June 28, 2010
This review is from: Culinary Math (Paperback)
For those in the food trade or those who are learning the food trade, Culinary Math has a lot to offer. It is a refresher on on conversions, costing, metric, and much more. This book focuses on they types of math needed to build a standard recipe, convert a recipe, work out total costs and more. As much a workbook as a math text, the exercises are useful in setting these mathematical principles into your mind and is a good preparatory for on line certification in cost control. For those people who have been out of school for awhile and those who are weak in math, this book will be a tremendous help.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, August 18, 2009
This review is from: Culinary Math (Paperback)
Considering the fact that I will be starting culinary school in a few weeks, this book was a great buy! I didn't realize how rusty I was with basic math until I started reading. This book is also great because it builds on each chapter plus the practice problems are very helpful. My only complaint is that the book only has answers to odd-numbered questions - would have loved answers to all the questions. I definitely recommend this book for someone who is pursuing a degree in culinary arts or someone who is in the food service industry and needs a refresher.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Addition to Our Shelves, October 25, 2012
Liz Clark (Rocky Mountains, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Culinary Math (Paperback)
Our oldest is planning to head to culinary school in a few years, and we homeschool currently. Culinary Math is a great addition to our high school curriculum. The concepts are complete and well-laid out, and a great option for anyone who wants math, but needs it presented in concrete, real-life applications.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have if you are in the catering business, June 5, 2013
This review is from: Culinary Math (Paperback)
This is a must have for anyone in the food preparation business. I am a baker and wanted it for helping me to properly scale my cake formulas to the number of servings and baking pans. However, the information for what I need was very limited, but I was able to share the information with a friend who was in the catering business to help monitor their food cost. It will be priceless when you learn the math. The writer had simple ways for you to remember the equations for the calculations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully written and Masterfully presented....., September 27, 2010
This review is from: Culinary Math (Paperback)
Wow..if my math teachers broke mathamatics down like this, everybody would LOVE math! Easy to understand concepts adapted to Culinary and everyday usage of Math.
Story problems that use the concepts and make them sink in, for future use! I am using this book as a GO-TOO book for teaching key culinary math skills..Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars CULINARY MATH - NUMBERS BOOK IN ONE PLACE, December 30, 2011
This review is from: Culinary Math (Paperback)
This book is a great book for people that need to know food math. I think this is great. The only downfall I have with it is that they only give certain answers to them and not all. But I am sure one could figure them out.

I recommend it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Culinary Math
Culinary Math by Julie Hill (Paperback - September 4, 2007)
$39.50