Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Culligan IC-EZ-1 EZ-Change Icemaker/Drinking Water...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 20% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.15 shipping
+ $4.15 shipping
Culligan IC-EZ-1 EZ-Change Icemaker/Drinking Water Filter, 3,000 Gallons
|Price:||$18.73 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$1.26 (6%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Reduces bad taste and odor, chlorine taste and odor, particulate class lll
- Twist on, twist off mechanism
- Quick connect fittings
- Features twist-on and twist-off mechanism, quick connect fittings double water shutoff
- NSF certified
- 3000-gallon capacity
- Reduces bad taste and odor, chlorine taste and odor, and particulate class III
- Uses RC-EZ-1 replacement cartridge
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
The Culligan EZ-Change Filter cartridge purifies up to 3,000 gallons of water.
The Culligan EZ-Change Icemaker and Drinking Water Filter helps keep your family healthy and hydrated by providing clean water through your refrigerator's water dispenser. Able to be connected to both the water and ice supplies, this filter removes bad odor and taste, chlorine odor and taste, and particulates that can penetrate the water inside the fridge. Your water will not only taste great, but it will also maintain its pure, fresh smell.
EZ-Change Filters Offer Mess-Free Replacement
The EZ-Change Filter fits easily into your refrigerator's drinking system to keep fresh water and clean ice at your family's fingertips. Designed for your convenience, this lightweight filter can be replaced in mere minutes by a simple twist-on, twist-off mechanism. Handy quick-connect fittings ensure the filter stays in place until it needs to be changed, so there's no need to worry about hidden leaks or spills.
Safe and Long Lasting
Certified by the NFC, the EZ-Change provides your family with safe drinking water. The filter will purify up to 3,000 gallons of your refrigerator's water and ice before needing to be changed.
The EZ-Change Icemaker and Drinking Water Filter is backed by a manufacturer's limited two-year warranty.
Culligan Filtration: Providing Families with Clean, Healthy Water
A recognized leader in water filtration and softening products and solutions, Culligan offers filtration and treatment solutions available for all parts of the household. Culligan's drinking-water and working-water filtration systems help solve tough water problems to give you clean, clear water for your entire home.
What's in the Box
Filter head with built-in bracket; RC-EZ-1 Level 1 replacement filter cartridge; mounting screws; filter change reminder sticker, and instructions.
Package Quantity: 1
Top Customer Reviews
This Culligan model has them beat. The price is good, it's easy to install, and very easy to replace cartridges. If you have an existing plastic water line, installation is trivial. This also works with copper lines, and is not much more difficult to use with them, except the instructions are not clear. The outside box says you can use either copper or plastic, but the included instructions don't mention the copper, or the additional tools needed to file the edge as the outside box mentions. Despite this, installation is trivial enough that it's not likely to be an issue.
If you do have copper, and need to fit things in a tight space, you might need to replace one end of the tube with plastic since short lengths of copper are relatively inflexible.
I also got one for my instant hot water tap on my kitchen sink. It's not "specially designed" for it as are the ones that are recommended for those, but they all take the same size tubes and have cold water coming in and going out. This one is far cheaper, does everything I want to make the water taste good, and there are enough Culligan options for anybody who wants a different level of filtration that you can pick what you need.
Two years later, I removed it. It was not that there was any problem, but I installed a whole house filtration system and it was no longer needed. That showed me two things: First, the taste of the water did not change, meaning the Culligan worked just as well for me as the far more expensive system, at least with respect to taste.Read more ›
A couple notes:
1. It takes up a lot of space behind the refrigerator, so I mounted it in a cabinet next to the fridge. This resulted in several advantages including easy access to the filters (don't have to pull out the fridge to change the filter), and an easy way to watch for leaks (so far, there aren't any). The attached photos show my installation.
2. I opted for the expensive LDR 509 5175 Pex 25-Foot Ice Maker Connector tubing. The tubing is flanged on both ends, so the connections are secure and leak free. The tubing can be cut in the middle since the straight ends fit into the filter. Inserting the tubing into the filter required a significant push, but resulted in a very secure connection. I didn't need 25' but the extra cost was worth the worry free installation.
3. The water in our town is quite good, but has a strong chlorine taste and smell. This filter did an excellent job removing the chlorine, significantly improving the taste.
4. The instructions recommend securing the filter to the wall using a block of wood (see attached picture). This worked out very well since I was able to secure the block to a stud and then mount the filter to the block; however, attaching the filter using mollies would probably be just as secure.
Ice problem is cured.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Your basic filter. I have on my humidifier and it seems to keep the pad cleaner.Published 6 days ago by David
We have been using these filters for years. excellent productPublished 19 days ago by warren e francis