5.0 out of 5 stars great product with wows from friends!
I had to make cupcakes the minute I got this as a wedding gift - thank you Amazon wedding registry!

Published on June 23, 2008 by James' Girl

2.0 out of 5 stars Fragile
This is the first review I have written. This product is too fragile. It has 4 clips at the bottom. When I received the product, 2 of the 4 clips were broken. It was in the box, surrounded by bubble wrap. No dents or dings in the packaging, so it does not look like shipping damage. I was very disappointed, as I had ordered this for my daughter for Christmas...
Published on December 23, 2010 by Proffessor T

5.0 out of 5 stars great product with wows from friends!, June 23, 2008

I walked into a BBQ with it and people were in awe and couldn't wait to dig into the cupcakes. It was a very hot day, so I took the bottom layer and filled it with water and put it in the freezer - by the time I was ready to go, I put the ice cube layer on the bottom and the top two tiers with my 24 cupcakes and the cupcakes stayed fresh and did not melt at the BBQ!!

The only "warning" I have is to make sure you have the base the right way up - don't spend an hour thinking your cc carrier is broken, just flip the base the right way up (ha ha yes I am an idiot!!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good carrier overall, April 4, 2008
I don't make cupcakes a lot, but I saw this and wanted it immediately. I'll even make cupcakes to justify the purchase.

I had to take a bunch of cupcakes to school and was able to use this. The courier itself is big and bulky. If you have limited space you may want something different.

The cupcake holder is deep, I find it is a bit too deep if your cupcakes don't rise a lot and you have frosting all over it -- you'll get a bit of frosting on your hands trying to get it out of the holder.

The holder is also pretty heavy for me so if you have to travel via walking, it may be too heavy and I found the handle not that comfortable. Short trips should be fine.

Overall, I really like this carrier and it received a ton of compliments from people. The removable trays are great for people like me who don't make a lot of cupcakes, but is great to carry cookies, cakes, pies, brownies, etc...Tall cakes are also possible due to the height. I would recommend this product for those who have the space and have to bring baked goods to different places.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cupcake carrier!, September 26, 2010
This is a great cupcake carrier with good room for standard sized cupcakes even with lots of frosting or some decorations. I had read a previous review with concerns over losing the clips that hold it together but they seem to have changed that as my clips don't come off, they are attatched. It is very secure and I wasn't worried about dropping them or anything. Very pleased with this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!, January 14, 2011
Prior to buying a cupcake carrier, I looked at MANY. This one won the reviews, so I tried it...and I will never look back. This is just tall enough to hold cupcakes with lots of heavy decorative icing. It is very sturdy and the handle is built into the lid so there are no worries about the handle breaking or the bottom parts poking down into the icing like those of so many I have seen. My cupcakes are heavy--filled with cream cheese icing, and the topped with two to three layers of the icing--and the carrier handles everything just fine. I would buy this carrier again and again, if I needed more. I have only used it a few times, but I have not found anything negative about it yet (yes it is large to store, but really...how can we complain about that if we want something to hold 36 cupcakes without squashing the icing?). This is the only cupcake carrier you will need.

UPDATE: Two years later, this has been used regularly but is still in fantastic condition. I worried at first that the snaps would wear out from bending back and forth to secure the lid, but so far they are still as good as new.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, wish it came in 2 doz size, June 21, 2013
This is a great item. It is sturdy/durable, the clips function well and it is the ONLY cupcake carrier out of many tested where my cupcakes and muffins have NOT toppled over!

The layers stack nicely and you can easily eliminate a layer if you have taller decorations on some of your cupcakes. You can even use to fill the cups with cookies. Or take out all 3 layers and put a cake on the base then snap the lid on.

Great to use as a tupperware to store cupcakes, too.

I have not tried this with mini cupcakes, but I imagine you could absolutely use it for minis if you fill the cups with a little something to both raise and stabilize them. Really anything in your pantry - some lentils, orzo, rice, dried beans, popcorn kernels, elbow pasta, m&ms - whatever you have handy - be creative! I know this has deep cups, but I don't see a reason this can't work for both full size and mini if you adapt it a little. When you're done just put your stabilizer item back in the pantry.

It has held up well over the years with many trips around NYC - a lot of walking, subways, occasional taxis. Never had a toppled cupcake. For extra-long walking trips I sometimes wrap a soft cloth around the handle to give it a little cushion.

The one downside is that it is big. Storage space for this container is hard to come by. And I really wish it came in a 2 dozen size - I would ditch the 3 dozen model in a heartbeat.

I have the clear model, purchased at amazon, which is nice because you can see the contents well, but I think the clear colors are really fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars LG from VA, November 28, 2007
Awesome product! I actually saw these on HSN and they were on sale for $2 less. By the time I went to order, they were sold out. I needed this carrier for an upcoming party so purchased it here. This is an awesome carrier! I have purchased 2 other cake carriers that I ended up throwing out because the cakes kept slipping or the tops kept popping off. I have yet to use the cupcake holders but am looking forward to it. This has been the best cake holder I've ever owned! Great locking feature and handle. Just make certain to have a good storage space for this as it does take up some room. However, I think it's worth it. My other two worthless cake holders took up about the same amount of room before I threw them out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great carrier, great price, February 15, 2011
I just got my carrier and I really like it. There was plenty of clearance between layers for my generously iced and decorated cupcakes and though I had to be careful and take my time, I didn't damage any when removing them from their seats. I think if the cups were shallower then they might move around so I don't mind having to take the extra time on removal.

The carrier is big, but what do you expect from something which will handle 36 generously iced cupcakes? The yellow is a nice color and all of the people who saw it at the shower I took it to were impressed with it. However, once I got it home and was washing it up the top fell off of my counter and one of the fasteners broke off. Used it once and now it is broken. It still would probably hold with just three fasteners, but I'll probably improvise and ugly it up with a belt or something, just to save heartache and smashed cupcakes next time I use it. I guess my point is the plastic is had and kind of brittle so be careful. There was a small broken piece on one of the trays when I got it, but figured it wasn't a big deal and didn't send it back. I think it would be nice if the outside was a little less brittle, which is why I only gave it four stars (due to it being a little less durable than it could be). Of course if you are more careful, you won't have a problem. :-)

Other than

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful if you bake cakes and cupcakes, June 30, 2010
Shortybiscuit (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this over a year ago at Bed Bath & Beyond. It is the greatest carrier. The cupcake cavities are deep so the cupcakes do not move around when you move about. The tiers are nicely spaced so decorated cupcakes do not touch the bottom of the tier above it. The tiers can be removed and a regular tired cake can be placed inside and covered. The only fault I can find is with the clips that keep the cover down. Once attached, they perform well, but they can be removed and lost quite easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have For Cupcake Lovers!!!, November 7, 2009
The cupcake courier is so wonderful! Very functionable, sturdy, and cute! I love that you can remove the trays and are able to
use it for a full size cake carrier too! This product is of good quality and the latches are very secure so you don't have to worry
about it flying open and everything getting damaged. I highly recommend this product particularly for moms who provide cupcakes to a lot of school functions, it's a dream!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect solution!, July 1, 2008
I NEVER splurge on stuff like this but after first buying this as a wedding gift thought I had to have one of my own. When it came in the mail, my 2 sons (ages 5 & 7) thought this was a great gift for them. They were enthralled with it! We made cupcakes and took them to school and all the kids thought this was great, not to mention the other moms. I will go out of my way to find reasons to make cupcakes now and this is at the top of my list for hard to buy for parents!