Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Several awesome features:
*Read to me...Narrator reads to you while it highlights the word that is being read on screen. Very clear and professional reading. You/your child can click on the characters on the train and they will make sounds and move around. It's entertaining and educational. Going from one paragraph to the next on screen is simple, just hit he play button. As we know with children, their attention spans are meant for variety, and in the middle of the book it has interactive activities like "drag the train track to the matching color", and carnival activities. The only bad thing is that there is only one story (17 pages), because it really is great and it would be awesome to have more stories!
*You can also choose to read the book by yourself, without the narrator reading it to you, and the characters are still clickable and fun in this version.
*There are two videos, both have good music, fun graphics, and cool story lines! They are songs and on screen lyrics for the songs are provided. They are both good messages, "Be prepared to be the best you are" and "Me and My Friends".
*The two games I alluded to earlier in the audio book (Kooky Karnival Fun and Track Build-up) are both available as standalone games separate from reading the book. Kooky Karnival Fun especially has replay value, you tab the stuffed animals on screen to knock them down.
*Paint...Three coloring sheets. There are 10 colors to use in painting, and you can zoom in/out on your coloring sheet to allow you to color better. It also easily allows you to take a screen shot of your coloring sheet and save it. The coloring is clicking on a piece of the sheet and tapping it to apply the color, not actually swiping your finger, so it's easy for any age to come up with a cool coloring combination.

This is a great app for parents and teachers alike (with incorporating more technology into the classroom with tablets). Either will find a professional done app with great menus and features, an app that always has a positive message for their children, and an app that is sure to capture the attention of the children and keep them engaged.

(Kindle Fire HD)
0Comment79 of 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2013
I downloaded this app for my 2.5 year old son. We're not familiar with the character from tv, but you don't need to know anything about him to enjoy this app. My son likes the most interactive option- where the story is read aloud and you can click on images in the pictures to see what they do. They definitely kept his attention, though at times he wants to skip ahead before the page is fully read. He loves the train tracks game and has gotten pretty good at it already. I like that the words are highlighted as they're read and you can repeat a word by clicking on it. Overall, this is a really nice interactive kids app, and I think it's probably even better if you're familiar with the Wubbzy characters.
0Comment86 of 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 1, 2013
My kids enjoy this app. Its cute, it has annoying, catchy music (which means my 3 year old LOVES it), but I am not sure its educational in nature. Its not completely mindless, but at the same time...its just an odd app. It was free, so I can't complain.
on February 19, 2013
This app is very good. The graphics are very cute and kid like and very good too. I like the features to read yourself or read it to you. It works for all of my kids (2,5,7) Fun little adventure book.The read and play is a great thing for them too. Really love it.

Load screen is a little slow though, not sure if its my phone or the app. My phone inst the newest and best there is though.
It can be moved to SD which is good the program is rather large.
0Comment21 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2013
We got the Wubbzy space story app as faotd a few weeks ago & my son absolutely loves it. He's never even seen the show but that app is most definitely his favorite. It's a story, games, music/videos, & coloring all in one. It's great & keeps him entertained for quite awhile. So, when I saw this as faotd, I was super excited to surprise him with it. He got as far as the train game where you're supposed to drag the track to the correct spot & it just wouldn't work. I tried it then & they're was nothing I could do to get it working either. The track pieces wouldn't move. After that he lost interest & hasn't asked to play it since. I'm really hoping it gets fixed, cuz otherwise the Wubbzy apps are amazing!
on March 25, 2013
My two-year old grand daughter loves simple kid game son the Kindle and iPad, but this one missed the mark. She grew quickly bored since there weren't enough activities that she could easily manage on her own, and believe me, twos don't want help. This game is nice to look at - and is drawn just like the TV series, so it should appeal, and it did engage her at first. She saw it on my Kindle, clicked it open and began to play, but within five minutes, she went back to Daniel's Neighborhood and that was that.
on February 19, 2013
This is the second app like this that I have seen. My fiddler loves them. Thanks for this app. Please put more like this out.
on March 14, 2013
My 2.5 yo like this book for its interactive bits. She will like it more as she grows. She doesnt watch the dhow and its still engaging for her. We are very happy with this purchase.
on February 27, 2013
My daughter loved it! only problem is its just one short story...so she quickly got bored. I would not buy it.
I first became familiar with the animated character Wubbzy when a couple of my nieces were watching the show "Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!" on Nickelodeon. It's a cute show. The app is a multimedia presentation about a train ride that Wubbzy and his friends Walden, Widget, and Daizy take to the carnival. There are three modes of play to choose from:

* Read to Me - A lady's voice reads the story.
* Read & Play - The child or parent reads the story (touching a word causes the word to be pronounced - a helpful feature if a kid doesn't know how to pronounce a word).
* Just a Book - Animations and games are turned off; you read the story yourself.

There's a lot of things happening to keep a child occupied. Except for the Just a Book mode, touching many objects results in sound and movement (be sure to blow the train's whistle!). Within the story are two games: Track Build-Up and Kooky Carnival Fun.

After reading the book, there are some nice extras, including two music videos and a painting game (like a coloring book). You can also replay the two games from the story.

I've reviewed about a dozen animated stories on my Kindle Fire, and "Wubbzy's Train Adventure" is one of the better ones that I've seen. It has a good story; cute, familiar characters; lots of animation and music; games; and extras. There's plenty enough to hold a child's attention for a while.

Note: I ran the app on a Kindle Fire HD 7" and had no problems with it.