Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Curb Alert Mini
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Price:$149.90+ Free shipping

on July 19, 2013
I just bought a new Lincoln MKX that had no front bumper sensors, much less a curb sensor. Judging the front end extension on a new vehicle is always a challenge that usually ends up with mangled front spoilers. I took a chance on this after reading on line reviews. I had the auto tech at Best Buy near by do the installation and he did a great job. The instructions were a bit less detailed than would be desired but he got it done. Once everything was wired we tried to calibrate the sensor but it was totally unresponsive so we thought it was a bad unit. The tech started the car and backed it out of the bay and the thing started chirping. The instructions did not say that the motor had to be running to calibrate the sensor. It now works fine and keeps me 8-10 inches from any curb with 3 short chirps that are easily heard (there is a low-medium & high volume setting). The installation took about 2 hours. I have just ordered another one for my wife's Lexus ES.
on May 10, 2014
I bought this for my new Mercedes E350 Convertible. The front end is low, and ends in a V shape, with a chrome accent, which is a recipe for disaster if you are not careful with curbs. Installation was a breeze: Use the 3M automotive double-sided tape to attach to the bottom of the fascia, run the cables all around the bumper trim (very easy to conceal between panels) and up to the engine where the fuse box is. I connected it to a switched fuse so it would not draw power with the car off, and just routed the speaker cable into the cabin behind the rubber trim between the fender and the door (easy to do since the speaker cable is very thin). It took me about an hour all in all and looks like a factory option.

Calibration is also very easy by following the instructions. Now when I am about 8" from a curb it sounds 3 short beeps, and I know it is time to stop.

Great product, and does what is says.
on February 22, 2013
I bought this to keep the front plastic fender of our Mercedes from being wiped out by low curbs. I consider myself as a handy person but locating the sensor in a non-vulnerable location and feeding wires into the passenger compartment was difficult. The sensor actually just sticks on to the undercarriage of the car. I was very wary that it would eventually fall off and it did. I also found, early on that driving on a muddy road blocks the sensor from working so you have to be pro-active about keeping it clean. All-in-all I wish that Mercedes had resolved this very common problem but the Curb Alert hasn't provided an answer for me.
on July 8, 2015
I bought a Curb Alert and had it installed by Car Toys on July 2, 2015. It did not work so I emailed Curb Alert twice asking for technical assistance or how to handle the situation. They apparently will not respond, have no address on their literature, and have no phone number to call them at. I want it to work and need help from Curb Alert. No stars from me. Buyer beware!
on September 4, 2015
Installed on my Polaris Slingshot and it works great. Hit one curb within days of owning the Slingshot, luckily no damage, and after installing the alert the warning beeps have prevented a recurrence. Well worth the money IMHO.
on February 8, 2015
Failed twice in 2 months, the first failure it wouldn't even power up. The second time it started sounding whenever it felt like it, like going down the highway at 75 Mph.
I had to turn it off until I had time to deal with it.
Unfortunately a couple of days later while it was turned off I managed to tear the sensor off on a parking curb so I had nothing to return for warranty.

Look for something else.
on January 26, 2014
I asked Amazon customers about this product before purchasing. They were all awesome and informative. I received it on schedule and had it professionally installed at a car stereo and alarm shop (because these guys are familiar with dash board and electrical jobs). They ran it through my firewall and calibrated in one hour. I own an R-35 350Z (that is a Z kitted up with a GT-R front bumper and after market kit features). Typical of sport cars, my seats sit low behind a 60 degree windshield and curb perception is mostly guess work.

Now, I love the beep warning that effectively alerts me within proximity of potential front end damage. I want to know if they come up with one for backing up as well. I will buy it without hesitation.

I highly recommend this product as an excellent guardian angel for your secure curb parking.
on November 11, 2013
I installed a Curb Alert Pro on my 2008 Mercedes SLK and it works great. Prior, I had wiped out the air dam twice which is not an inexpensive item (could buy several dozen Curb Alerts for the price of an air dam). I see some customers complain of the sensor getting wiped out on low objects - advice: don't mount the sensor lower than the lowest part of the car, like underneath the air dam, and you'll be OK. One other thing, instructions are not explicit on where to attach power and ground wires which is understandable since access to hook-up points vary so much from car-to-car. I wound up hooking into the cigar lighter (knew I'd find a use for that thing some day). If you're not used to working on cars, especially electrical systems, I would recommend getting somebody to install it for you (e.g. Best Buy or knowledgable friend). I now plan to install a Curb Alert on our new Toyota Avalon.
on October 25, 2013
I purchased this for my Cadillac CTS-V wagon. Installation took about 45 minutes. Calibration took about five. I wish manufacturers would install this in the factory for low cars. Some considerations:
-I purchased a waterproof mini-fuse to replace the provided glass fuse and holder.
-The volume of the speaker on low is still loud. A piece of tape over the speaker worked fine.
-I first mounted in the pictured position in the instructions but found that placing under the fascia at the leading edge reduced false alerts. I recommend using double sided tape first as I did, then mount with the 3M tape when you decide the best location. Once the 3M tape is used, you are not moving it without damage.
on February 2, 2015
I installed a Curb Alert on my 2013 BMW 535i, and it did exactly what it claims to do. Unfortunately, I had to replace the car due to a major accident. I have ordered another Curb Alert for my new 2015 BMW. Since my car has the M suspension, the front end is lower than that of the standard suspension. So not wanting to scrape the bumper is a no brainer. One other thing-I damaged the cable on the sensor and the Curb Alert folks sent me a replacement without pre payment. When I received the sensor, I sent them a check. How many businesses would do this!