- Includes FREE MP3 version of this album Here's how (restrictions apply)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
Give this album a chance, like me it takes a few goes on the stereo before this album truly blends in with the listener.
The album has a more natural, less produced sound, and has more passion, the things todays music doesnt have. Its almost like the opposite of Nickelback today. Its surprisingly good and underrated.. Chad's vocals, the bass, guitar, everything in general is actually fairly good, it makes newer nickelback pale in comparison.
1. Little Friend- Good heavy opener, 10/10
2. Pusher - Fairly unique, heavy, even with the acoustic verses 9/10
3. Detangler - wow.. the lyrics are amazing, and have great emotion an sincerity, it really draws you in 10/10
4. Curb - The title track, starts out quieter, turns into one of Nickelbacks heaviest songs ever.. great emotion, good use of dynamics with instruments and chads screaming vocals 10/10
5. Where? - pretty catchy, good meaning behind it, some good guitar work near the bridge 8/10
6. Falls Back On - Another fast/heavy song, 8/10
7. Sea Groove - very intense, hard to desribe, but great 10/10
8. Fly - the single from this album.. not much to say about it.. i used to like it more 8/10
9. Just For - A newer version of this can be found on silver side up. This version is better in my opinion.. more natural and angry 9/10
10. Left - slightly mediocore 7/10
11. Window Shopper - catchy guitar riffs and some unique vocals/lyrics
12. I Dont have - A great finishing track 10/10
Even though it starts stronger than it finishes, curb is a great hard rock album with a natural sound, and isnt what youd expect from the Nickelback you know,and is anything but mainsteam. it should be found relatively cheap, too. if you can pick it up easily, i recommend you do
To be burtally honest, the album, as it it should for a new group, sounds like unpolished demos, and their many one word titles reflect that fact as well. While several songs have more potential than they seem, most are simply rugged demos.
I wondered how Nickelback released a album so soon after "silver side up," so I researched before I set my opinion in the proverabal "stone."
1: Little Friend (9/10)- A great song with a nice steady bassline which does start to get annoying, but the occasional long choruses and the guitar solo makes up for it.
2: Pusher (9/10)- This song's lyrics, for one, are great, but I dislike the lack of lyrics in the chorus. This song, in my opinion, has one of the best endings ever.
3: Detangler (8/10)- Also has great lyrics, but it's not exactly what you would call catchy as hell. Has a few great phrases such as 'didn't need to waste your time, but thanks for wasting mine.'
4. Curb (7/10)- The song this CD was named for. Well, to me, there was a bit to much hype about this one. It's original, as it shoots from slow to fast and back in seconds, but the chorus just blends in with other Nickelback songs.
5. Where? (10/10)- This is my favorite song on the CD! If you can ignore the bad singing in the verses, I think you will come to love this song to. Sounds very cool, especially the full chorus!
6. Falls Back On (7/10)- Great song, very catchy, but one problem... the melodies are the smae thing over and over again except for the 'I'm really up on this' part. So, if you like those loop songs, this is all yours.
7. Sea Groove (6/10)- My least favorite song on the CD. I don't like how the guitar part matches the chorus exactly, especially since it's not that interesting in the first place.
8. Fly (10/10)- Well, I like Where? more, but this is right up there with my favorites! It's so catchy and they even made a 3 word chorus sound cool! Also, it has kind of a punk twist to it!
9. Just Four (7/10) I can't turn my back on a song from Silver Side Up, but it's fun to listen to this song and the Just For in a row and see just how different they are!
10.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I received the album in the mail today and now I am a proud owner of the entire collection :)Published 2 months ago by Grace
Fantastic just finished collecting all my Nickelback CDs just missing there EP Hesher.Published 5 months ago by William Yanez
I've owned this album since 2002 and dont play it much now...This record should be bought by hardcore Nickelback fans, not the singles fans. I liked it alrigjt; didnt love it. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Michael G. Difrancesco