on January 5, 2014
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
Dr. Levy did an amazing job of distilling many decades of research on vitamin C. In spite of the compelling research, I found myself being skeptical about the power of vitamin C--that is, until I put myself on a 6-week (and running) regimen of 10,000 mg daily of vitamin C complex--without any ill side effects. The outcomes have been astounding: 1) My prostate health has been restored. 2) My chronic skin condition (acne/folliculitis) has improved by 75% in six weeks--after 30 years of taking an array of antibiotics and other conventional drugs such as Accutane, and of using various topical solutions. 3) My irritable bowel syndrome--probably the result of years of taking antibiotics--has not bothered me in one month. 4) My anxiety level has fallen sharply. Dr. Levy's book and his lectures on YouTube provide a wealth of information. If you or someone you care about suffers from a chronic or acute disease, and if conventional medicine has failed (or if you prefer alternative medicine in the first place!), you owe it to yourself to read and study this book carefully, and do further research on vitamin C, particularly liposome-encapsulated vitamin C. I hope that you experience profound results like I have! Thank you Dr. Levy!
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 23, 2013
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
"Curing the Incurable" is one of the most heavily referenced books on health, mostly references of medical journal papers.

Dr. Levy tells the story of two boys playing hide and go seek in a cornfield, who were sprayed with a powerful pesticide, parathion.
One boy was taken to the local ER and passed away. The other was taken to a practitioner of Vitamin C therapy and was injected intravenously with 100,000mg of Vitamin C, and went home for supper.

This book documents the uses of large-dose Vitamin C therapy upon disease and poisoning. I personally take a big dose of the pills when I just don't feel right.
on July 20, 2010
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
The summary book by Dr. Levy is outstanding. Information presented is the most thorough yet understandable discussion of the far reaching potential uses of vitamin C mega-doses for treating acute and chronic "diseases" and stimulating healthy immunity and living. This book is a must reading for the person who wants to be informed and participate in their own health choice decisions.
on January 18, 2011
Format: Paperback
This book is ESSENTIAL for all doctors and for anyone with a serious health issue or that wants to avoid having one in the future.

It is very detailed and yet easy to read for patients and for doctors, it contains excellent historical and up-to-date information, has over 1200 scientific references and is also the only vitamin C book I am aware of that talks in depth about the new liposomal vitamin C products as well as all the other forms.

This last point is key, as Dr Levy explains that the best option for acute infections is a combination of liposomal vitamin C and vitamin C by IV and that given a choice of only one or the other, the better choice is liposomal vitamin C. The fourth best option is ascorbic acid taken orally and the fifth best option is sodium ascorbate taken orally.

I recommend this book, and saturation dose vitamin C by liposomal or IV delivery, or both, very highly.

I'm immensely grateful to Dr Levy (and all the other world leading vitamin C experts, past and present) for his work in this area and for this book - and to the very kind John Appleton of New Zealand who sent me a copy of this book with my recent Lypo-C order!

Update: Dr Levy's new book Primal Panacea is brilliant as well. I recommend both!

Jodi Bassett, The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. (HFME) and Health, Healing & Hummingbirds (HHH)
TOP 100 REVIEWERon May 12, 2014
Format: Paperback
[later note: Levy's 2011 book, "Primal Panacea", is even better and is the only one so far that covers the new liposomal vitamin C in detail. He explains the best option for acute infections is a combination of liposomal vitamin C and vitamin C by IV and that given a choice of only one or the other, the better choice is liposomal vitamin C. The next best option is ascorbic acid taken orally and finally sodium ascorbate taken orally. Another excellent book on vitamin C is "Ascorbate: The Science of Vitamin C" which is probably more informative to the layman (but only briefly refers to liposomal vitamin C), but I found all these books helpful.

However, I later learned that ascorbic acid and all other synthetic vitamin C act like drugs in the body, there is always a longer-term price to pay. I now use vitamin C made from whole foods: Innate Response C-400 (made from oranges) - or those with citrus intolerances can use camu camu powder.]

This is an extremely helpful book that is essentially a report on the many articles and reports on the benefits of Vitamin C so it is a bit dull in the reading. While I don't think it was written for the layman, it is clearly set out, easily understood, and there is little or no jargon.

Humans cannot make vitamin C although most animals can, and often make much more when stressed/ill. The author makes the point that vitamin C is so beneficial in very high doses that it isn't really a vitamin (something needed in small amounts in the body). The largest part of the book covers various toxins and illnesses, one by one, telling you about the reports of cures using mega doses of vitamin C. The reports are looked at intelligently, specifically pointing out the many studies claiming vitamin C doesn't help - when they've used only tiny amounts!

In the dozens of health problems covered - polio, hepatitis, typhoid, malaria, dysentery, meningitis, encephalitis, pneumonia, measles, chicken pox, cancers, AIDS, typhoid, diptheria, tetanus, tuberculosis, streptococcal and staphylococcal infections, snake bites, colds, flu, and on and on - it is repeatedly shown that very high doses are often needed. Potential side effects are also covered, showing that there are virtually none, despite the many accusations against vitamin C when it is actually safer than water! It states that mega-dose vitamin C is the ultimate antidote.

As we have two beautiful cats, it was of interest to me that cats and dogs have limited ability to synthesize vitamin C so it may be beneficial to give them supplements during stressful times, which of course includes illness. Another interesting angle is that it seems ALL internal hemorrhages, wherever and however (a common example is gums, but also lungs, intestines, stomach and the like) are the result of scurvy (inadequate vitamin C).

In this book it is repeatedly claimed that intravenous vitamin C works better and quicker, in many hospitalized problems, than oral vitamin C. However, it also recommends taking daily high doses of oral (by mouth) vitamin C - the book advises 6g to 15g daily (that's 6,000mg-15,000mg) which it says is usually bowel tolerance level and briefly explains how regularly exceeding bowel tolerance (therefore getting diarrhea) is beneficial because it cleans out toxic pockets in the bowels. (I must say that I have exceeded bowel tolerance twice (not exactly deliberately) and do not wish to repeat the experience. So I can only hope that twice was enough to do a deep cleanse internally!)

Others claim vitamin C isn't a vitamin at all. It is an essential molecule for maintaining cellular communication in the body. The larger the amounts of vitamin C in ou body, the better the electron flow is between our cells. Illness is an expression of an impaired flow which arises when "free radicals - molecules lacking an electron - are allowed to proliferate. Vitamin C is a natural free-radical 'scavenger' that produces high-energy electrons to counteract the errant molecules.

later later note: I had been very ill for a very long time (2 decades) and in the end unable even to tolerate vitamin C. I later learned that synthetics, including all the synthetic vitamin C forms listed in this book, work short-term but always have a longer-term "cost" - see my review of "Supplements Exposed: The Truth They Don't Want You to Know About Vitamins, Minerals, and Their Effects on Your Health". Unfortunately, the book overlooks the fact that ascorbic acid and other synthetic vitamin C products act like drugs in the system and also leach natural vitamin C out of the body. It's also unfortunate no one is making a liposomal C using soy lecithin plus ONLY full spectrum, natural C such as the Innate Response Formulas, Vitamin C-400 or the Standard Process Collagen C which even has a little adrenal support and is not made from citrus.

Also, as I had suspected for a long time (even though doctors told me all my tests were "normal"), my lengthy deterioration turned out to be advanced low thyroid, which then created adrenal deficiencies as the two glands work as partners. I found "Stop The Thyroid Madness", a major help: it's a how-to manual and thanks to it you will know more than most doctors (and will need to!).

There are no lab tests for most causes of low thyroid (and your doctor only treats lab tests, not you). If you suspect you have a low thyroid problem, there is an easy way to identify it. Body temperature is crucial for evaluating state of health. The FREE basal (at rest) temperature test is THE gold standard for low thyroid problems and - with your symptoms - means more than any lab test (although most conventional doctors, including endos, won't agree but then they're not trained to understand thyroid problems). It will pick up conditions that current lab tests don't, such as thyroid resistance. The stopthethyroidmadness website has excellent instructions for this self-test, as well as several for adrenal fatigue, which often goes hand-in-hand with low thyroid.

I also suggest "The Calcium Lie II" an intriguing book plausibly claiming to explain the root cause of most illnesses.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 18, 2013
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
Too many people in the world have no respect for the potential cures of so many infections and maladies using Vitamin C. Too many of the large drug manufacturers have assisted greatly in giving Vitamin C unfair treatment because there is no money in it for them. If the original research done by Linus Pauling had been duplicated by qualified unbiased research facilities,Vitamin C would be used today for a great many more infectious diseases and cancer. I have successfully been treated with high dose vitamin c IV's for cancer with tremendously great success. This book reviews 1200 research studies performed successfully with Vitamin C since the early 1900's. A lot of lives would have been saved by properly using as the research studies indicate.
on April 8, 2013
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
Again, if every medical doctor in the U.S.A. would read this book (and apply what is written) untold numbers of people would be helped to have a healthier, happier life. (The doctors would be happier, too, because they would have found a wonderful new treatment that does a LOT of good things for people suffering from disease, infections, etc.)
on January 20, 2013
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
A lot of great information that is hard to find in most contemporary, modern-obsessed scientific tracts. Lots of history & great information on how to work on your own health without finding a slew of specialists. Great condition.
on October 3, 2014
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
I have used vitamin C and other vitamins, minerals and amino acids quite extensively and I have good reasons believe that my arterial blockages were controlled because of it. I have considered myself as a very well informed micro-nutrient nut. I have always felt so very discouraged by the constant barrage of anti-micro-nutrient propaganda for so many years. But this book is an astonishing slap in the face of those who deny the veracity of vitamin C. It was heartening to learn that 20,000 articles had been published on this substance till 2002 and almost 350 papers are published annually! Dr. Levy lists many infectious diseases and cancers that have been cured by it. He goes on to note what doses are required and what considerations go into adjusting them for individual cases. He also lists, in many cases, the success rates achieved by physicians. This is astonishing. Even more astonishing is the fact that not only is this substance not used in medical therapy, the profession is downright hostile to it. I have experienced that first hand through the condescending smiles of my own family physician.

After reading this book, the vitamin-nutrient detractors' lies lay exposed in front of me and that was very heartening. I can now hold my head high and with full confidence tell my contrarian physician that he is wrong. I recommend this book highly for all those who want to take responsibility for their own health and not succumb to the scare mongering of the vendors of poisonous concoctions.

My only reservation is that the book does not address the issue of congestive heart disease so eminently attacked by Drs. Mathis Rath and Linus Pauling. While this is only one disease left out among the many that are addressed, it is a huge epidemic and should have been dealt with quite extensively. This is the reason for my 4 star rating. But for that this book gets 5 stars from me.
on February 24, 2014
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
Thomas E. Leavy, MD & JD is a remarkable , inquisitive mind. Just being credentialed in those two exceptionally demanding professions will give you a clue. He writes lucidly . He teachesyou the philosophy underlying the subject as well as its content. "Curing theI incurable" is his fourth book, Copywrityed in 2002, it is in its third edition 2009, and I suspect from the cover shown in some of its listings there probably is a fourthg. This edition is easier to read. It tells you the astonishing story of vitamin C. and the things it will cure, which modern medicine has forgotten or was never tought due to the emergence of antibiotics.Learn how all mamals, except humans and Guinea Pigs make their own vitamin C on body demnd when chalenged. . We have the genetic switch, but it is turned off.so we have to take supplements to get effective serum levels. You'll be astonished at Chapters headed "Viral Diseases and Vitamin C" Hepatitis,, Measles,Mumps, Encephalitis,Viral Phenumonia, Influenza, "C the ultimate Antidote" Carbon Monoxide, Tetanus, Mushrooms, Barbituates. ENOUGH. It will be a Bible of protection for your family and loved ones, and you will be the "look to" person when sepsis and MRSA bugs appear. . Get started,. There is a graduate book of Tom's called "Primal Panacea" , but don't jump over this beginner. ,