5.0 out of 5 stars My Whole Family Loves This Book
Published on August 9, 2004 by L. Lee

1.0 out of 5 stars print WAY too small for kindle
I was hoping to read this with my son on my kindle, but the print was way too small and I couldn't increase the font like most books. It was a total waste of money. My son was so intrigued by the kindle, but ultimately disappointed. Why would you offer a download like this if its barely legible??
Published on August 10, 2010 by SJVC

5.0 out of 5 stars My Whole Family Loves This Book, August 9, 2004
L. Lee (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Curious George in the Snow (Paperback)
This story is delightful. We bought it because we were taking our 2.5 yr old along on a ski trip and wanted him to have a silly little story that related to the mountain and skiing (even though he's not on skis yet). Well, it is just that... and more. He's learned a lot, developed an interest in skiing (maybe next year) and always gets a good laugh out of this book! It's also fun that George seems to invent snowboarding - my husband and I got a big kick out of that and have shared the story with many adult friends (isn't everyone a Curious Geroge fan?)!

IMPORTANT: The structure of the story and the illustrations maintain the integrity of the original series!!

1.0 out of 5 stars print WAY too small for kindle, August 10, 2010

2.0 out of 5 stars guess the illustartor?, October 6, 2007
Arlo (Switzerland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Curious George in the Snow (Paperback)
Though not as bad as the books with illustrations exerpted from the movie, this book is illustrated in the STYLE of H.A. Rey, by Vipah Interactive. Somehow, somewhere these books have lost the charm of the originals. I would have liked to know this before buying them. My kids still like them; I am horrified.

4.0 out of 5 stars George Has a Chocolate Jones!, April 14, 2001
Illustrated and written in the style of original authors, Margaret and H.A. Rey, this 1998 release finds George and the infamous man in the yellow hat visiting a chocolate factory. When the yellow-hatted man tells George "wait here while I buy these, and please stay out of trouble," you KNOW that George will do exactly the opposite. After all, George is CURIOUS, and his inquiring personality and sweet tooth lead him deeper and deeper into the inner workings of the factory, where he gets into more trouble. His quick hands and mouth save the factory from his own curiosity-inspired havoc, and George goes home happy and full.
While not as clever as some of the earlier books in the series, the chocolate factory setting is inspired. Page 10, for example, depicts seven different mouth-watering chocolates. Little ones will understand George's interest in the making of chocolates, and his accidental, temporary wrecking of the assembly line. Again, I don't think it's quite up to the high standards of some of the other "Curious George" books. Twenty-two pages, with understated watercolor and pencil illustrations on each page.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Edition review, March 5, 2011
Awful. The book itself is of course great because it's Curious George and it's awesome. But the Kindle edition left me feeling ripped off. And it was only 3 bucks!That's how bad it is. The pictures are shrunken and pixelated and blurry. As is the text. It's readable because under the actual page, which looks like it was merely photocopied. there is the text from the book repeated in modern legible font. Guess I'll stick to the paperbacks and hardcovers and put off bringing my daughter into the world of digital books.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love this book: monkeys and candy are our favorites!, March 1, 1999
By A Customer
We enjoyed seeing George get into trouble and then, as always, end up saving the day. We learned how to tell what's inside a piece of chocolate by looking at the swirls on top. We tested that fact ourselves and it works!

2.0 out of 5 stars Scanned version of the original, December 27, 2010
The Kindle version is just a scanned version of the original paper version. I would expect to at see sharper graphics and better integrated text. It's readable and my son enjoys it but overall a disappointing product.

2.0 out of 5 stars not very good for kindle, January 31, 2010
the story is great but the text is actually an image rather than real text. it is very small. you cannot adjust the font because the text is just part of the illustration. they cut corners with this one. curious george at the beach is done the way it should be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Curious George in the Snow, April 7, 2008
This review is from: Curious George in the Snow (Paperback)
My 2-year-old grandson adores this book so much that he had me read it numerous times over the weekend. I now know it by heart! He, too, remembers every detail about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great book!, November 12, 2004
This is the first Curious George book I read to my little one and so far, I've read it about 50 times this past week! George keeps going back to the factory, eating more candy, and getting very, very sick. This is such a darling story and really keeps the attention of little ones. Plus, it's just fun seeing all the candy being made. I've had to explain the parts of the machinery shown in the book which was very well drawn, I might add. This is a great book, one to be added to every child's library. Besides, who doesn't like to read about chocolate and curious monkeys?

Curious George in the Snow
Curious George in the Snow by Margret Rey (Paperback - October 26, 1998)
$3.95 $3.76