From the Back Cover
Current Issues and Trends in Education synthesizes political, theoretical, social, and practical topics in a 21st Century context and addresses multicultural education, technology, and gender issues. This text is accessible enough to be used in an introductory education class and yet sophisticated enough to serve as a graduate textbook. It is comprehensive in dealing with issues facing educators today, such as demographics, changing perceptions and research in human development and learning, and education in nontraditional settings.
NEW to this Edition:
- New chapter (6) on assessment includes discussion of questionable testing practices.
- New chapter (7) reflects current events such as the impact of No Child Left Behind, including Highly Qualified Teachers, PRAXIS and teacher testing ).
- Chapter on developmentally appropriate practice (8)has been updated and expanded to include best practice guidelines for a wider age range of students.
- Discusses the pros and cons of technology as it relates to education, including topics ranging from assistive technology to Internet abuse and iPod mania.
- Addresses teachers’, students’, and parents’ rights and responsibilities, including attitudes and dispositions, effective communication, and active participation versus passive/victim mentality.
- Provides new ways of looking at the organization of schools, including the pros and cons of various issues related to teacher education.
- Covers current theories related to education, including change theory and attribution theory.
Package this text with [ Insert MyLabSchool Logo ] –a powerful set of online tools that bring the classroom to life!
Visit www.mylabschool.com for more information!