Published 14 months ago by Kristine Hassler

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful
This is by far the worst textbook I have ever had. There are so many quotations of other works that, at times, it seems whole sections are strung together by them. It's hard to read, not very well broken up, and just frustrating. Of course, I don't get to pick the textbooks for my classes but if you have a choice, avoid this book!
Published 23 months ago by Marisa N Caster

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, November 5, 2012
This review is from: Curriculum: Foundations, Principles, and Issues (6th Edition) (The Allyn & Bacon Educational Leadership) (Hardcover)

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful as fast-track introduction to curriculum, November 16, 2013
This book serves well as a supplement to some curriculum introductory books. I don't think it's a complete introduction but it is useful as a fast-track introduction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative for anyone who wants to know what goes into today's education, August 10, 2013
I rented this textbook as a coursework requirement for one of my Master's courses, and I expected it to be dry and cumbersome. Instead, I found that even though the text is dense, the information this book contains is phenomenal for anyone who wants to know what drives today's educational system. As a professional in the field of working with children with autism, I now have a much greater appreciation for what goes into curriculum.

Not only that, but as a parent, I am suddenly completely aware and educated in regards to my kids' school's curriculum initiatives. Before reading this textbook, I felt like I wanted to be involved with my kids' education, but I didn't know how. Now, when the district comes out with announcements on "formative assessments," I know exactly what they're talking about, and I'm keenly interested in knowing how my children are performing against what the assessments say. Plus, when I attend board meetings, the jargon now all makes sense to me. (This, by the way, seems like a travesty to me. Parents should not need to be earning their Master's degrees in order to understand what their school boards are talking about.)

Lastly, I mentioned that I rented this textbook. I now want to buy it. I had no idea that I would want to keep a book I originally assumed would be dry and useless. My incredible mistake. This textbook transformed my ability to be involved in my children's public education. Praise the Lord, and I mean that in all sincerity of heart.

2.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, April 29, 2013
This textbook is a very dry overview of curriculum as it developed through the history of the US education system. Just the facts, no opinions or any attempt to make it interesting to read. It does not offer any information on how to write your own, but that's what the professors are for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Required Reading, May 17, 2014
Required reading for class. Written clearly for ease of understanding. Provides additional references for research. Recommended for beginners with minimal experience in field.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you for rentin books Amazon!!, February 6, 2014
Love that Amazon rents books, saves me a ton of time and money not having to go buy and then try and sell the books. this book was boring but had some decent info in it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Required reading, November 10, 2013
This text is easy to read and offers useful insight on curriculum development. Though I was required to read it, I found this text enjoyable and was able to find connection between the history and current issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent text, October 13, 2013
everything needed to learn about and write curriculum: history of, building of, historical figures and future of curriculum 21st century

4.0 out of 5 stars What is Curriculum?, October 2, 2013
If you are an educator, this book offers an interesting overview of curriculum foundations and theory as well as psychological and social implications for today's teachers and learners. It was required reading for my graduate course and now has turned into an excellent reference for the work I do. Veteran educators especially will find the content helpful in understanding what we need to know to offer 21st century learners better school experiences than what is now in place in most U.S. schools.

5.0 out of 5 stars Curriculum, October 2, 2013
Great book! Class was very fast paced but very interesting. The class is very unique with an array of opinions.

$171.80 $142.85