Questions & Answers
Currie Technologies Power Kit
by eZip by Currie Technologies
4.1 out of 5 stars (47)
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 27 questions
vote
Yes. Sla battery
Apr 2, 2014 by Pen Name
votes
Rear wheel. You need to change the sprocket as a new rear wheel is supplied.
Jan 12, 2014 by bread
votes
I believe the kit would fit the wheel but you may have an issue with the throttle cable reaching the handlebar due to the length of the frame. The cable was too short for my Sun Bicycle EZ1 Sport recumbent. I put the kit on my mountain bike with no problem. Hope this helps.
Sep 9, 2013 by bread
votes
It has a smart charger that comes in the kit. You can leave it plugged in and not worry about it. When it is fully charged, a green light will turn on on the charger and then it will just maintain the battery. You always want to keep it plugged in when you're not using the bike. The longer you leave an SLA battery unplugged the more sulfation that will build up in it over time. This decreases the full charge capacity of the battery and you'll begin to lose range. If and when you get the kit you'll need to do 2-3 full discharge and recharges of the battery pack to break it in correctly.
Jun 11, 2014 by Larry
votes
There is a button on mine for pedal assist. I believe you would need a pedal sensor to make it operate. What part of the world are you from that hassle you for a 450 watt motor? The US allows 750 watts max as long as you have pedals on the bike whether you use them or not.
Mar 2, 2014 by CallED
votes
I believe it will. The only challenge to installing this kit is removing your freewheel sprocket to put on the new rim you receive as part of the kit. You get a new wheel that has a sprocket to accept the chain for the motor drive on the left side. You can purchase a freewheel removal tool from the Park Tool website which is what I did, or take your wheel to a bike shop and have them remove the freewheel. Then you just spin the new one on by hand. I hope this helps.
Oct 28, 2013 by bread
votes
The answer is yes, but the wheel that replaces your current rear wheel is not a quick release.
Jun 22, 2014 by Stephen W. Coyle
votes
votes
Probly not as the size restrictions involved relate to the back tire which has to be mountain bike not road or even hybrid size. I tried.
May 25, 2014 by Rugby
votes
The kit supplies you with the rim/wheel. It is a 26" rim. If your bike will accept that it should work for you. If you want to use only the motor, you needn't worry about the gearset. The supplied wheel has a sprocket and chain for the motor.
Apr 26, 2014 by bread
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers