Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Custom Accessories 57773 '70 PSI' Deluxe Hand Pump
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: 1|Change

on September 25, 2012
I needed a tire pump so I could pump up my car's tires when they got low (yes, you can use a bicycle pump for this because the valve stems on bike tires are the same as the ones on car tires. It just takes a bit of time, since car tires are quite large in relation to the small size of the pump.) So, I walked into my local hardware store and looked at my options. They had one pump for $13 with a three year warranty, or they had this one for $10. I bought this one. I have used it to pump up my car's tires and it worked perfectly. It was easy to hook up, and it made an air tight seal to the valve stems. It did take a notable amount of work and time to pump all that air on such a small pump, but with a little elbow grease, it went fine. I prefer the simplicity and inexpensiveness of this anyway, as I do not need electricity or an air compressor. It also allows me the ability to easily stow it behind my seat and use it whenever and wherever I need it. If I get a flat in two years and my spare is low, guess what? I'll have an air pump. Overall, it's a great little pump that does exactly what you need it to do. Note that you will need a separate tire gauge if you want to know how much to inflate your tires, as it does not come with one.

SIDE-NOTE: When pumping up your car or truck's tires, never inflate the tire to its maximum PSI rating. Always inflate to the recommended PSI as indicated by the sticker on the driver's-side door panel. Inflating a tire to its maximum PSI will cause a tire to wear out extremely fast, and it will not perform ideally.

UPDATE: As of 2016 May 5, about four years after I bought it, the pump still works fine. It gets occasional use, mainly just replenishing the air in my truck, motorcycle, or bicycle's tires.
33 comments| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2013
There's nothing fancy about this pump. Note that it only works with Schrader bike valves; if you have a Presta valve, you'll need to get an adapter.

The black plastic at the top of the pumping tube (which holds the handle pole straight) broke within 5 minutes of usage, but the pump itself doesn't seem to mind that that part is missing.
on August 10, 2011
this pump is everything it claims to be and is inexpensive. very handy for the bicyclist who only occasionally needs to pump up the tires. it is easy to use, has a clip to secure the air tube to the valve. the effort required to inflate the tire indicates pretty well when the tire is sufficiently inflated. you will need a separate pressure gauge for more accurate inflation information.
on June 24, 2013
After one use it leaked air from the clamp.
Not much more I can say, at least Amazon took it back.
on September 25, 2013
I started using the pump and the plastic handle on the top broke even before I filled one tire, with air.
on June 3, 2013
What do you want from a pump? It pumps air into tires. And this one works.
The only down side is the floppy foot holders. They tend to wobble while you're pumping.
Good handle. Good connector. Good enough.
on December 21, 2014
I understand you get what you pay for, but this thing doesn't really work at all. It doesn't have a gauge, which is alright for an emergency pump but should be noted. The biggest issue I found, though, was that it leaks when pumping. Not just the valve, but it actually leaks internally. Makes it very difficult to pump up anything.
on January 6, 2016
Works perfectly, very simple - no "extra" bits to cause problems. Bought it to accompany a bottle rocket launcher - works great for that and is so easy to use, the 9 year old we bought it for used it right out of the box to inflate his bicycle tires :)
on May 16, 2013
The locking tab on the valve stem end won't stay locked so you have to hold the tab while you try and pump with one hand. And it was more of a work out trying to pump a bike tire to 35 psi than the bike ride after, I could not imagine pumping something up to the 70 psi this thing is supposedly rated for.
on November 30, 2012
This is the perfect inexpensive pump for bike tires. It works great. I bought it for my grandchildren who have managed to break every pump I purchase in a short amount of time. This one works great, and did not break the bank.