Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: Large|Change

on September 24, 2011
I am an aircrew member in the United States Air Force. Most of my job-related responsibilities require me to wear gloves for safety and protection. I had previously used the popular Mechanix brand automotive glove (the basic model). I found these gloves to be overpriced for the durability and protection offered with the product. They lasted anywhere between 2-3 weeks on the job before holes were worn through the fingertips of the thumb, index, and middle fingers of the glove.

Custom Leathercraft gloves offer optimum safety and protection for the demands of my occupation. The thumb, index, and middle glove fingers are reinforced, extending the life of the gloves well beyond that of my previously favored glove brand. The glove body is made up of a stretchy, but durable material that allows a comfortable fit and tear resistance. For the price at which this product is sold, I am beyond satisfied with the performance of these gloves.

NOTE: I usually wear a large, but at the time I purchased the product only a medium or XL were offered. I bought the medium and the gloves fit perfectly, probably due to the stretch allowed by the glove body.
1010 comments| 353 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 6, 2012
125L Handyman Flex Glove Size Large external dimensions:
*end of wrist to tip of middle finger: 7.75" (This dimension does NOT include the
elastic wrist band. The entire glove length including wrist band is 9.5")
*across the knuckles: 4.25" (padding on top of knuckles)
*girth around the knuckles: 9.8"

My hand dimensions:
*wrist to end of middle finger: 7.5
*across the knuckles: 3.8"
*girth around the knuckles: 9.3"

I was surpised that these gloves actually fit me since most stuff made in Pacific Rim countries seems to run a lot smaller than advertised. But not these gloves. They do 'feel' tight when you first put them on and it does make you think you've ordered the wrong size. Not so. They stretch just enough after a few minutes to fit like skin. They're comfortable and I eventually found myself not even aware I was wearing gloves. The padding is in all the right places and these are, by far, the most comfortable and articulate work gloves I've ever owned - even moreso than deer skin. I'll trty typing eith them for a bit: retrieving a Leatherman from mu beolt ois nopt a big deal, typing is a little awkeward but I don';t intend to tyup in the woods with my chainmsaws.,

These gloves are not advertised as waterproof or insulated. They are completely synthetic: 50% 'synthetic' leather, 30% polyester, 10% elastic, 5% foam padding, 3% PU, 1% PVC, 1% rubber. So, I can pass along two things in my experience: 1) these gloves WILL immediately wick moisture away from wet surfaces (they'll take a while to dry out too), and 2) the ambient temperature needs to be north of 45 degrees for them to be comfortable while working, (wet at 50 degrees is not good).

Some folks might find the Velcro wrist straps annoying - I don't much care for velcro on gloves (wrist watch).

I found these gloves to be excellent work gloves in dry, warmer weather.
55 comments| 152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 15, 2015
ATTENTION:
PRODUCT HAS BEEN UPDATED as of approx 6/2015. Major decline in quality.
I have purchased these multiple times.

Look at the picture and you will see the older version side by side with the new version of this product.
My 3 star review can be interpreted like this, The older version gets 5 stars while the newer version 0 stars.

I CANNOT stress enough how much superior the older version of the 125 was compared to the newer version. Let me count the ways.
1. Fit; the older version used an extra piece of material on the inside that was a gusset cut that went from the wrist to the webbing of the thumb. and stretch fit is no longer a feature and has been removed from the glove. Old- fits. like. a. GLOVE!, New- Uncomfortable, boxy fingers, very boxy finger tips, palm padding is unruly.
2. Knuckle Padding; You can clearly see in my photo that the padding for the knuckles is now sparse and completely worthless in regards of knuckle protection.
3. Palm Padding; The interior padding is sewn in with lazy stitching. This causes the palm padding to wad up and fold in ways that are not natural to the hand, which makes grasping a tool handle feel very obstructed with gaps and folds of the pad. The stitching of the older glove is much more precise and at the edge of the padding where the newer pad has much overflow (inside) and feels like the glove is falling apart already.
4. Durability; All of the finger tips of the old style use leather coverings whereas only a few on newer style glove.

The newer version touts "Touch Screen" as the reason for the improvement, meanwhile they have completely eroded the usefulness of these as WORK GLOVES. Also who in their right mind is going to touch a device's screen with dirty gloves on???

Both version are made in China so it is hard to understand the product update since the product has not changed price one cent.

Beware: This listing is for the newer style and not for those currently displayed.

I had 100% converted from Mechanix brand after finding these, however, now with the revision I would go back to Mechanix if I hadn't stocked up on the old style of CLC 125 Handyman Gloves.
review image
11 comment| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2011
I am an Air Force aircraft maintainer deployed to Afghanistan. I brought a pair of heavy duty Mechanix gloves with me and they didn't even last a week. Needless to say I am using these gloves in a very harsh demanding environment. So far I've been wearing them for 2 weeks and they are still going strong.
The only complaint I have is that it took a month to get them here. But I suppose that is to be expected when shipping them to Afghanistan.
77 comments| 144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2011
It's ridiculously difficult to find decent work gloves in a size small! I guess in order to not be emasculating, lots of gloves start at a size medium, and as a chick, that's still too big for me. With these, the small not only fit...like a glove haha, but the quality is way better than what I've been using in a synthetic glove. Price is very reasonable for what you're getting.

In case anyone wanted to know the content:
50% Synthetic Leather
30% Polyester
10% Elastic
5% Foam
3% Polyurethane
2% Polyvinyl Chloride, Rubber
44 comments| 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2013
Unfortunately these gloves haven't even made it 1 year. Generally speaking, I wear them 1 day a week wile doing yard work. So that's pushing a mower, holding a trimmer and blower with the Very rare instances of pruning bushes, picking up fallen limbs, etc... The "soft touch" suede has been gone from the gloves for several months now, and about 2 months ago both developed holes on the web of the thumb, between the thumb and first finger. Those holes have continued to grow and others are developing now. It's time to retire the gloves and I'm having a hard time wanting to spend money on these again.

For the positives, they fit Very well, and I like the padding that dampens the vibrations from the lawn equipment. I have slightly arthritic hands and they make a noticeable difference over good ole fashion leather work gloves. I like the wrist closure, it's great at keeping debris out of the glove.

But the durability/longevity just isn't there. The materials are cheap (yeah, well, true for 99% of products made these days), and I miss having the option to spend more money on a product that was built to last. I'm just not keen on throwing gloves away every 9~10 months and buying another pair. I think that means I'll have to look elsewhere and opt out of buying these again.
55 comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2015
Made of good quality materials. Have used them in flooring installations and some carpentry works, they are still perfoming good. They are comfortable and soft. I like them very much. I even bought another pair to give away on father's day. I ordered XL.
review image review image review image
on March 26, 2015
Not worth the money. The very first time I went to remove the glove from my hand the Velcro flap that secures it to the wrist band came apart. The Velcro stayed in place. So now I have the flap, flapping in the wind! Something I feel unsafe with. The Palm and fingertips are quite good.. I wish they had put the same quality in sewing the flap to the Velcro. Looking for a different glove.
review image review image
on October 26, 2011
I like these gloves, have great protection for when working on cars, has extra padding for the knuckles, the finger tips though are a little too thick for me, its hard to use you fingers for precise things, like putting bolts into the threads 0r trying to put on lug nuts, good for carrying things and tool work
on December 29, 2011
I work for ups loading trucks. This gloves are nice and comfortable. However they are not good for loading boxes. The gloves started to wear off by the tenth day.