5.0 out of 5 stars Table of contents examined
Since there are no pics of the book or table of contents, I thought I would write that out and comment on each pattern. They are all grouped according to skill level. Hope this helps!

Beginner:

Springtime throw - basic granny squares with raised borders used to attach each square
Knickerbockerglory bunting - oh my, just what everyone wants, a...
Published on December 15, 2011 by Rudy Fan

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, but...
Published 17 months ago by suzebo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Table of contents examined, December 15, 2011
This review is from: Cute & Easy Crochet: Learn to Crochet With These 35 Adorable Projects (Paperback)

Beginner:

Knickerbockerglory bunting - oh my, just what everyone wants, a banner for their yard?? Basic triangles
Hook holder - rolled holder with a ribbon for tying
Floral purse - cute lined 6 x 4 in. clutch with 3 flowers on the flap (on cover)
Round stripy pillow cover - round pillow with dc circular stripes (not connected in a spiral, just separate circles)
Beanie hat - cute hat with a flower on the side
Patchwork bag - granny square type lined 12 x 12 in. bag
Rose shopper - another bag, 13.5 x 11 in. with two flowers on the front top area, slightly frilly edge at top opening
Fabric seat covers - big, bumpy looking seat covers that I would not use, too uncomfortable looking, utilizes giant hook
Jam pot covers - very cute if you have a use for these (on cover)
Wash cloths - lovely wash cloths, just look so sumptuous
Egg cozies - again, very cute if you have a use for them
Mug warmers - nice one button mug warmer without a bottom (I like the ones with a bottom)
Cafetiere cozy - like the mug warmers, but for a pot that I don't have or ever will have
Peaked toddler hat - cute baby! and cute hat, but lots of back loop stuff that I don't like, flower again added

Medium difficulty:

Stripy wave pillow - love this pillow, basic square shape
Baby blanket - cute 26 x 35 in. blanket, frilly edge, fan stitch
Chunky seashell scarf - I like this, could be used as a shawl, thick looking but open stitches
Floral Curtain Tie-Backs - yes, more flowers, um a page filler?
Felted Beaded Bracelet - do not like, 3 big fat felted flowers attached to a piece of fabric, ugh
Fingerless gloves - these are nice, shorter style, a bit decorative on the edge work
Swishy scarf - made vertically, pretty, lacy looking
Baby bouncers - balls, that's all, just little 7.5 in. diameter balls
Chunky luscious pillow - another pretty pillow with 3 buttons on the top, bigger than the other one though (18 in.)
Baby bibs - boring baby bibs
Baby slippers - very cute and easy looking

Now for the harder stuff:

Camelia blanket - granny squares with yet more flowers attached
Roses and posies tea cozy - adorable, yes, but I would be too afraid to get a tea stain on this to ever make it!
Russian dolls-babushkas - these make the whole book worth it! I really want to make these 4 dolls. Lots of detail on them.
Cherub dress - For an 18-24 month old, nice, but not for the messy kid!
Mrs. Mittens purse - I love this little purse (a crocheted kitty's head with straps!), very cute for a young girl
Summer evening shawl - lace work on this 67 x 27.5 in. shawl
Pavlova - A fake cake? I guess there are books devoted to just this kind of thing, but I would rather have a real pavlova!
Felted cherry brooch - another page filler
Monty and Priscilla Bear - 12 in. basic bears

Well, that's it. I'm ready to go crochet something!

EDIT: I'm upgrading to 5 stars. Putting my personal preferences aside, this is such a well put together book with a big variety of great projects. You won't be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars A bunch of cute patterns!, April 29, 2011
M. Dunn (La Plata, NM) - See all my reviews
I bought this book for the cover! You never know what you will get, but I was quite pleased with it's contents. I have crocheted for many years, and have become quite picky about the pattern books I buy, because so many of them have only one or two good patterns in them. That said, I would make almost everything in this book. If you love to crochet, this book will not be a disappointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute & Easy Crochet, April 26, 2011
Cute & Easy Crochet: Learn to Crochet With These 35 Adorable ProjectsLove this book, so many wonderful projects with clear and precise instructions. Fantastic pictures of all the projects that are really inspiring. The section on Crochet Know How has step by step pictures and instructions of every stitch used. The book is divided into three sections: Starting Out, Practice makes Perfect and Confident crocheting. Have already made a couple of projects and have several on my waiting list. this book would be invaluable in every crocheters library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best crochet book ever, October 28, 2011
Theresa Anne Kelly "Happy Camper" (Thousand Oaks, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I am a newbie crocheter, and I have bought a lot of books. I actually made the swishy scarf pattern in this book, and it turned out perfectly!! the directions are precise and easy for a beginner to understand. I really love this book. I can't wait to make the tea cozy. One problem: the yarns suggested are gorgeous, but who can afford them? that is a small quibble. You can easily subsitute yarns. I used cheap yarn and my scarf looks fine.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, but..., July 25, 2013
suzebo (Peru, Indiana) - See all my reviews
The projects look like a lot of fun and are very colorful but buyers should know that the hook holder, purses, and bags all have linings and require some sewing ability and a machine, neither of which I possess. I am a total beginner, so far having used only the single crochet stitch to make dish clothes. I was looking forward to some really easy, simple projects (no color changes, no sewing, etc.) but there aren't many here. For my purposes, the book is not very helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Too cute!, February 5, 2013
This is my first crochet book, and honestly I didn't have any idea how to read patterns.
The "Crochet Know-How" section is absolutely perfect! It had everything I needed to know, and now I can finally understand the instructions. I would recommend this to someone who has never crocheted before because of the beautiful instructions (with pictures- thank goodness!) on how to make each stitch.
The pictures and gorgeous and vibrant, and I find myself wanting to make everything. Really cute ideas, like jam jar covers & tea cozies to the more classic like blankets & purses.

Overall- great book. Lovely pictures & directions.

I'd definitely recommend this!~

2.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware....no really.....BEWARE before you spend your money on the book and yarn, August 9, 2013
Well, I'm a beginner. While the ideas are certainly cute, they are not as easy to follow as the previous reviews would lead you to think. The directions to create the projects leave a lot to be desired. Let's face it, if you're a beginner you shouldn't need to go to a class on crochet to follow and make the pattern, especially when the title includes "Learn Crochet with these 35 adorable projects". I've started something in the book. Tuesday I will go to a veteran crocheter to better understand what the heck Nicki is saying so that I can finish the project for which I've already spent money on the purchase of lots of yarn!!!!.....I'm pissed off because it shouldn't be necessary based on the way the book markets itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like candy for crocheters!, May 6, 2013
Rarely do I find a book with more than one or two items that I want to make - the average pattern book is stuffed with the same old scarves and hats and blankets. I actually bought this book because I saw the patchwork flower tote in the preview and thought it was adorable. I was so pleasantly surprised when I got this book and found it filled with projects that really are cute and easy - some are sort of silly, like the egg cozies - but most are actually items I want to and plan on making! The only drawback is that the author uses basically only pricy and hard to find wool yarns. However I've been using simple (and cheaper) acrylic and cotton yarns I can easily find at my local craft store and the projects have come out fine. The projects all have sizes in inches so you can tell pretty quickly if the yarn you're substituting will give you the right size or not. I've already made three different projects and I've only had the book for four days. Lovely, lovely stuff, like candy for crochet lovers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally loved this BOOK!!!, July 15, 2012
Linda M. Welcome (Ellington, Connecticut) - See all my reviews
To say that I loved this book would be an understatement for sure. It is filled with wonderful items to make and the directions are perfect. I would highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and fun projects, November 10, 2011
I have made several of the items in this book and have loved both the process of making them and the finished product. My favorite was the tea cozy on the cover - one of the main reasons for buy the book. I finished it the day of the royal wedding. So much fun. The pictures are bright and inviting.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Cute & Easy Crochet: Learn to Crochet With These 35 Adorable Projects
Cute & Easy Crochet: Learn to Crochet With These 35 Adorable Projects by Nicki Trench (Paperback - February 1, 2011)
$19.95 $14.00