5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising Sound
I was an audio nut long before I was a computer nut and am rather particular about sound. I bought these speakers as a gift for a friend and set them up for her with her computer. At the price, I figured that they would be speakers that would "get her by" so that she could hear what was going on with her computer.

After the speakers were set up, I turned on...
Published on March 22, 2006 by Dave B

1.0 out of 5 stars not good speakers
I have have already exchanged these speakers once, and i am going to return them again. They sound good when you first turn them on, but as time goes on, they start to crackle, pop, and make windy sounds. This continued even when they were disconnected from the computer. I do not reccomend these.
Published on January 18, 2005 by Jaime

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising Sound, March 22, 2006
Dave B (Indian Harbour Beach, FL) - See all my reviews

After the speakers were set up, I turned on some music through her onboard sound. I found the speakers to be quite a bit more than expected. They had crisp, clean highs that rival that of my more expensive Yamaha computer speakers. And the subwoofer produces a warm, tight bass that hangs in there even with the deep thump of todays music.

Though I'm a novice at audio equipment set up, I believe that I'd be safe to say that hooking these up would be easy for anyone. Everything is clearly marked.

These speakers have been being used for 3-4 weeks now, and there have been no issues. I would highly recommend these speakers, especially at their price.

One last note, I have been able to personally compare these speakers to, as previously mentioned, Yamaha computer speakers and Creative Sound Labs speakers as well. My opinion is that these sound the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars My $0.99 cheeseburger didn't have fresh lettuce..., April 9, 2005
This review is from: Cyber Acoustic CA 3080 2.1 Powered Speaker System (Personal Computers)
I see that a few people have whined and moaned about the sound quality of these sub-$30 speakers.

I dunno. Maybe these same people pitch a fit when their .99 cheesburger isn't as good as the $10 they can have in a real restaurant.

The bottom line is that price is the ultimate consideration here. I purchased these speakers primarily to use for mp3's before I burn them in order to conserve HDD space. At apartment-style noise levels, these speakers provide reasonably crisp detail and enough bass to let you know that it's there. If the bass sounds cloudy, or 'muddy,' either turn it down using your EQ or the straight-shooting knob on the speaker itself- or, spend more money on a sophisticated set designed for self-proclaimed audiophiles.

I happened to be in Radio Shack grabbing some cables for my real stereo and happened upon these for $29. They look sleek on either side of my laptop, are a cinch to connect, and, with said tweaks, they sound very, very good for THIRTY DOLLARS! To a less discerning audience, they can fill in for an actual stereo system. For my uses - and I'm assuming the use of anyone unwilling to spend more than a few dollars for speakers - this unit goes above and beyond the price point.

What's truly sad is that I'm bored enough to have written this... :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Your ears will be rewarded, June 8, 2011
I bought this set, and the larger CA3602, recently. This speaker set is perfect for the small desktop or small room. Because the speakers don't have control knobs on them, they take up less space on the desktop. The sub and speakers are ample loud for watching movies, listening to music or podcasts. The hockey-puck controller is a great design - it includes volume and on/off, as well as a jack for headphones (also controlled by the volume on the puck), and ipod aux input (the cord IS included and you can listen without the computer on). The sound is very good - considering it's only $30 - these are a real bargain. I think the CA3602 is an even better bang for the buck. The twin drivers of the CA3602 satellites are rated 6 watts to the CA3090's 2.5 watts single speaker satellites, the subwoofer is 18 watts, to the CA3090 at 5 watts. It makes a difference - the CA3602 set is much louder, better for a dorm room or inexpensive ($38) home theater - for the price you cannot go wrong with these great sounding speakers. The sub woofer volume control is also moved to the hockey puck controller on the CA3602, making it even more versatile, unobtrusive and simple to use. These have everything you need for great sound at your computer, but the CA3602 set will give you more power. Either way, a real bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice 2.1 speaker set, November 27, 2006
A. Cheng (Southern California) - See all my reviews
I've owned this speaker set for 2 years of extensive use and it finally gave up on me. It out performed my old Yamaha 2.0 and Altec Lansing 2.1 sets, while priced at fractions of their prices.

Pro:

Great sound, crisp high, mid & low are present, enough to rock your gaming and personal movie-in-a-pc sessions. Slick design with cool blue light accents on both satellite speakers. Full control with power on/off, volume & bass gain. Very affordable.

Con:

Vulnerable to cell phone signal interference. Could use deeper bass.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing for the price, July 3, 2005
I was looking for big sound with a very small price tag to fit in a small space and I found it! I am very fussy about sound but knew I didn't have the wallet at the moment to match. But since my very old speakers crapped out, adequate speakers would be better than no music at all. THis system came as a very welcome surprise. The sound is crisp. Subwoofer provides a reasonable amount of bass (you won't get floor thumping out of it) and is not too big for the shelf it needs to fit on. It gets quite a range of sound for the price. And it produces fairly big sound -- not at all that tinny compressed sound of cheap PC speakers. I expected maybe one step up given the price tag but got so much more. If you are on a budget, this is the way to go.

One word of caution from the box -- the subwoofer is not shielded so you have to be careful where you place in relation to your computer!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good inexpensive product, May 18, 2001
kmayjor (Colorado Springs,co) - See all my reviews
Being thrifty,I decided to try these speakers. My wife thought I spent at least $100.00 She thinks they rock. They work very well for most of the computer games out there. Lots of bass, plenty of volume, although with no controls for bass and treble I find them to be a little to much for MP3's. Overall , good value for your money!

4.0 out of 5 stars Um...don't believe all the bad reviews, March 8, 2005
Eddie Bones (Kal-ee-fou-nya) - See all my reviews
First of all, for less than $30, you're not going to find much better than these speakers. Secondly, for less than $30, you shouldn't be expecting Bose quality sound. There IS a reason that these are so inexpensive.

Fact is, these speakers more than do the job for good sound on a very reasonable budget. There IS a bass control, so you can dial that up or down as much as you want. Not really sure why some of these reviewers can't seem to find it. It's there on the right speaker.

And, if you have a program or sound card that offer a graphic EQ you can tweak the sound until you're satisfied. Not enough midrange? Well then pump it up on the graphic EQ. Too much high end? Well then dial it down. They do sound a bit tinny out of the box, but that's entirely correctable with a little EQ adjustments.

I use it at work, just listening to mp3's and gotta say that it sounds pretty darn nice. Took a little bit of tweaking, but they are just fine. Sure you could step up to the Creative T-3000 for $50. They are awesome, but $20 is $20. If you want a decent set of speakers for cheap, these will work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't worry about the negatives . . ., April 26, 2005
C. Olson (KC area, USA) - See all my reviews
I just got this set, and I am very pleased. First of all, they look sharp. Also, the picture on this site is not totally correct: The right speaker has an on/off button, a volume control, AND a bass control for the sub! This is INCREDIBLY convenient! As far as sound goes, this is not a Bose set, but it is FAR better than my standard speakers that came with my Gateway! The sound is very well balanced, especially with the bass control. There is no distortion, no clicking, no humming. This set is great, easy to use, and great looking. Definitely worth $26!

1.0 out of 5 stars not good speakers, January 18, 2005
Jaime (Columbus, OH United States) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent PC Speakers, October 31, 2007
D. Painter (Alexandria, KY) - See all my reviews
These speakers are well worth the money. The subwoofer has a very clear bass sound. Easy to install and the satellite speakers are very attractive.

Cyber Acoustic CA 3080 2.1 Powered Speaker System