Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Style: USB OEM|Change

on March 22, 2006
I don't know if it's all USB headsets or just this one but it has a couple of really good points:

First of all you have the ability (in your Control Panel under Sounds and Audio Devices) to set up your sound were anything using voice recording or playback exclusively uses your headset where as all other sounds go through your main speakers and any recordings you'd like to make can still be done through your other microphone without having to change settings every time you'd like to make an internet call or voice chat.

Next the audio quality and mike response is not exceptional but it's still really good. The noise cancelling works well and allows you to talk without completely muting your voice.

Over all its pretty solid and I'd recommend it to anyone over a headset you have to plug into your sound cards audio out and mike jacks.
on November 10, 2006
Have to say that I'm pleased with this headset. Sound quality for the price is excellent. In-cord volume/mute control is a very convenient feature as well. The earphones themselves are a bit on the small side which leads to my only complaint... after an hour or so of use, they begin to hurt your ears. So you'll need to take frequent breaks. But if you're looking for an inexpensive headset and you don't expect to be on the computer for more than an hour at a time, this would be a good buy.
66 comments|74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 15, 2009
Cyber Acoustics AC-851B USB Stereo Headset OEM

I would spend $7-$10 more for a better unit. Trouble is, it's hard to know which are better. This one should be adequate, but my immediate impression was NOT "wow, this is great," but rather, "this is okay and will do for the price." I don't know how long it will last as I just bought it.
PROS:
I have just plugged this in, and it seems to work fine.
1. The microphone part is adjustable which is good.
2. There is a mute and volume control on the cord and a led on light also

CONS:
The plastic head piece seems to narrow for my head (5'6" female); It is adjustable longer but not wider, so it seems a little tight, which should probably be good for an hour class but not longer
2. The earpads might be better if rounder: they too are tall but not wide, and not 100% wonderful on my ear.
on September 18, 2008
Product works normally, but fails to work with the Rosetta stone language software. I found this product on Amazon while looking at a similar product on Rosetta Stone's website. Since it was cheaper on Amazon I bought it there. Caveat Emptor....
55 comments|44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2007
This headset works just like it's supposed to. It has some features I really like. I use it to talk to friends from around the country using the Ventrilo and TeamSpeak programs. The sound quality of the headphones is more than adequate for talking. The sound isn't great if you're listening to music though. I wouldn't say it's bad, just not great. (I am very spoiled when it comes to sound quality from headphones though. You may like the sound better than I do.) Having volume controls on the cord is great and the USB connection is my favorite. I don't like to leave it plugged in all the time so I really appreciate how quick and easy it is to just plug in and talk. I haven't heard how I sound through the microphone, but my friends have no problem hearing or understanding what I say and recognize my voice so I assume it is at the very least adequate. The earphones are very padded and I can comfortably wear them for up to a few hours at a time.
on November 22, 2008
First, let me clarify something: These are NOT "music" headphones. If you're looking for something to ENJOY WMA & MP3 music... do yourself a favor & spend some real money on a real pair of phones DESIGNED FOR THAT PURPOSE. These will "do the job" if your only interest is hearing & not quality listening.

Having said that, I bought these specifically for language learning & voice recognition recording. They've worked great so far. They're sturdier than most of the other models I researched & for the money, they a solid investment.
on March 8, 2007
These headphones are great! They're lightweight, well-built,and affordable. They put out good frequency response with no obvious loops or holes from the quality bass tones to the upper-end pitches and clarity. I also like the mic. It's sensitive, it swings easily out of the way and is adjustably ambidextrous . I'm using them with gaming and on my PC and put in lots of hours with them on without discomfort. Well done! CYBER ACCOUSTICS has proven to be a formidable manufacturer of fine products.
on April 17, 2007
I bought this headset because I wanted a usb headset to use while playing computer games. This headset performed very well in that aspect. The sound was full and the directionality was adequate, but definitely not surround. The mic sounds clear and is easy to adjust. I thought this headset and i would have a long, happy relationship together.

Enter it's one real downfall: build quality. It's an inexpensive headset and the flimsy plastic betrays that fact immediately. To be honest, I wasn't all THAT careful with it, but after 6 months or so the sound from the left earcup started to become scratchy. It was still usable, but annoyed me to no end so I have since replaced it.

All in all, great entry-level usb headset.
on April 16, 2007
I have to use dictation to type software, because I have multiple sclerosis. This headset is the best of many I have tried. The USB connection is far superior to a headset that plugs into your sound card. I have fewer corrections to make. It works flawlessly, and is built sturdily. Finally, with this headphone my software works like it is supposed to work.

Most important of all! Tech support is 100% gold medal. Prompt and personal backing for their product.
on January 18, 2007
Great sound quality, no configuration wizards or something like that, I'm saving hundreads of dollars because I use these headphone to make calls through the MSN and Yahoo messenger.