4.0 out of 5 stars Decent headphones for the money
Published on August 11, 2008 by D. Houston

3.0 out of 5 stars good sound, solid construction, not very comfortable
I just got these in the mail today. They are solid built headphones, the wire is sturdy, and the head band is very tough. The head band is so solidly constructed that it really forces its tightness on your ears. so it will take a while for them to loosen up a little.
Sound quality is very good, with a decent base to go along.
I wished they could've used a...
Published on February 7, 2008 by M. Khan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent headphones for the money, August 11, 2008
This review is from: Cyber Acoustics ACM-500R Multi User Stereo Headphones (Electronics)
I ordered 2 sets of these Cyber Acoustics headphones to replace 2 older sets from a different manufacturer, 1 of which was "lost" by a guest and the other of which was broken by a different guest while listening to my stereos and TVs. Both new sets arrived promptly and in good working order. They come with a built in switch for mono or stereo operation with individual volume adjustments on each earpiece. Cord length is about 8 feet, which means you will need to own or buy an extension if you plan on listening with these over 8 feet away from your stereo, computer, TV, etc. I am happy with the purchase and would buy again. These headphones are nothing to brag about, but they put out a good sound considering they are less than $20. If you want some extra headphones for kids or guests I would recommend these. If you want to play sound expert then these headphones are not, repeat not, for you. Sound experts should always spend the hundreds of dollars for a better set. But if you just want something simple and basic and a big bang for little money, get this set. 4 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars good sound, solid construction, not very comfortable, February 7, 2008
Sound quality is very good, with a decent base to go along.
I wished they could've used a softer material for the ear cups instead of leather. It gives you sweaty ears.

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke within 3 weeks, January 20, 2011
the headphones themselves look nice, not a very comfortable fit, a little too tight ( and i have a average sized head) problem is three weeks into having them i get on a plane to vegas and one of the sides broke, i didnt want to drag a broken pair of headphones around on my trip so i ditched them on the plane, wished they wouldve lasted, but honestly they were so cheap i shouldn't have expected much. Buy them if you don't care about longevity or jst need a temporary pair. the sound quality was definitely good and they had convenient volume controls on each ear so you could balance them any way you want. overall you're getting what you paid for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, great value, not a coiled cord., March 11, 2010
These headphones where exactly what i expected. They have a nice long cord, GREAT immersion and good base and low frequency sound support. Typically i just run with the volume all the way up on both sides and they work great with PC sound volume control. The only let down was the lack of a advertised (by the included picture) of a coiled cord. This actually was a buying point for me. However i am finding i can live without such a thing.

All and all i love my new headphones, and they have that old style feel to them with a rich modern sound.

This is a great head set for day to day use, great long cord; good sound quality and and i cant recommend them enough.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cyber Acoustics ACM-500R Multi User Stereo Headphones, July 23, 2010
Made well, for the price. Very tight fitting at first. Took some flexing to loosen it up. I can use it alright but I wouldn't buy again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Headphones Good Sound, March 8, 2010
D. Moore (United States) - See all my reviews
Howdy!

These sound fine but the holes are too small for an adult's ears. They gave me a headache before I modified them and stretched the headband a bit. I took the padded cups from my old headset and rubber cemented them to the pads on these. Now my ears fit and aren't crushed and I have double the padding. Next, when I'm not using them, I have them stretched around the long end of a plastic coffee can. They're already a bit looser.

It seems like the guy who said that the switch for mono and stereo was mounted backwards was right but it doesn't make any difference to me. I can figure it out. At least the switch works.

Good solid headphones that will last and last if you don't have gorrilla hands and aren't rough with them. I leave them plugged into the computer and listen to music when I work.

God bless,
Douglas

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, May 1, 2008
We purchased 25 of these headphones for a computer lab at our school. For the most part, the sound is decent, and they are relatively comfortable for the price. We selected this model because of the affordability and the reduced likelihood of anyone wanting to walk off with a pair due to the rather clunky and unattractive design. (And to that credit, none have walked off yet.)

However, we've now had to dig the end of the headphone jack out of five computers, as five of our pairs have broken off inside the computer audio port, simply from regular plugging and unplugging of the headphones.

So, they may save you money in the beginning, but I would highly recommend throwing them out after a year and buying replacements so you don't risk damaging your audio devices when the 1/8" jack breaks off inside of them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pay attention when ordering., February 19, 2010
I bought 4 of these for the public library i work at. watch when you order these cause what they have listed is sort of confusing. They have them listed as ACM-500R's which come with a spiral cord but, the description is for the ACM-500 which is what you get and also has a straight cord. they also look different. Not to be picky but i was really hoping for the spiral cord the kids like to chew on the cord and get then stuck in the chair wheels.

4.0 out of 5 stars 12 kids + 9/9 sets STILL in perfect condition = an excellent product!, June 24, 2011
I purchased 9 of these 3 years ago and am thrilled with them. I'm shocked at the amount of negative reviews, but I'm certain these people received defective products as all 9 of ours are still like new. I bought them for my in-home childcare Media Center so the kids can listen to books on CD. While the sound quality isn't made for secret missions, we don't have any complaints; the sound is clear and focused, no static whatsoever. The kids handle them by themselves without trouble, yet everything is STILL in tact 3 years later. That says A LOT considering my kids were ages 1 - 6 when I first bought them (now 2 - 6). The ear pieces are incredibly comfortable for kids and adults (except for the Kids' Gear ones that are MUCH better but cost almost twice as much), the plug-ins are long, and the volume can be adjusted on each individual set (teach kids how to do it gradually if they're older or forbid it if they're younger than 4 as you don't want them to damage their ears). The ONLY negative is that the cords are NOT corded, as pictured, something I really wanted, but I have them on a music rack and the long cords just fall behind the shelf. For others, this might be a deal-breaker.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nothing glamorous...but good for the price, April 13, 2011
Charger "Charger" (Salt Lake City, Utah, United States) - See all my reviews
We got these for several multi-user workstations. They are adequate for the price. We wanted something with plastic/leather ear pads that can be wiped down between users, and these provide that for us.

These are best for industrial, public, multi-user situations where the listener won't be needing them for very long. As others have mentioned, they aren't very comfortable, so you don't want to wear them for more than 30 minutes at time (or less, for those who have large heads).

The sound is also adequate for the above stated purposes. These are by no means meant to be used to pick out the 3rd chair violin during a very quiet movement of Bach.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›