Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on November 6, 2013
Perfect size, great sound. Unfortunately I'm one of those that has an intermittantly staticy sound coming from my speakers. When it bothers me, I turn off the sound. Often when I turn it back on the static is gone for a day or three. Then it comes back. Today, two days before my one month return window is up, I contacted Amazon. They'll send me a replacement set and I'll send these back. I will update my review based on the results of the replacement set.

I love Amazon.

Update 11/2013: Received the replacement speakers, and then used the box the replacement came in to box up the old ones to send them back (had thrown out the original box). I've had the replacement speakers for a week now with NO static. Sound great and just what I wanted. Will post if there is any change.

Update 12/2013: After two weeks the replacement speakers also started popping and being staticy. They are crackling now, darn it. So, I turn them off when I'm not actively listening (playing games, listening to music) but as a result miss all of the system sounds. I'm very glad the on/off button is right on my desk so it is easy to reach. I'm abandoning these and ordering the Logitech Z623 system as they have good reviews and a $90 sales price. Once the Logitech's arrive these will likely go in the Goodwill box. And I'll save the box the Logitech's come in so I can return them if necessary.
on June 16, 2013
I own a pair of top of the line $2k Polk speakers from the late 80's so I know what top notch room filling speakers sound like. These Cyber Acoustics can't touch my Polk's and I certainly wasn't expecting that they would. I am simply making the comparison so that when I say these speakers sound very good, you know where I coming from. I would say for the price they sound excellent. I cranked it at the loudest level I could tolerate and heard no distortion. I could have gone louder so I am not implying it was at its loudest, but at the volume I tested, I doubt if anyone would play them louder for every day use. I have two minor complaints which kept me from giving it 5 stars. The first is that even though its a 2.1 system, the wiring is a single stereo plug meaning the low frequency to the subwoofer gets separated by the unit itself. This is good for those folks that don't have a multichannel sound card. Since I have a 5.1 sound card, I would have preferred if the subwoofer had its own plug separate from the 2 satellites. An optional setting so the unit works either way would have been the ideal solution. The second is that there were no numbered notches in the bass settings on the round wired remote. Different family members prefer different level of bass and having to adjust to the bass level that I liked was a slight inconvenience and would have made it easier to quickly adjust the bass to my preference if there notches with numbers on the bass volume control.

Overall a very good 2.1 computer speaker set. Highly recommended.
on August 11, 2014
Yes, I am writing 1 year 3 months later. But considering I had Dell computer speakers last for 7 years, with NO problems I think I can write now. From the get go there was 'static. I did every single thing that was suggested for static nothing worked. New computer FYI. Dell all in one, windows 7. Tried it on another computer in another room.... Static intermittently at first. NOW it is so bad, you can't use them and I have to look for new speakers. It will NOT be Cyber Acoustics. I listen on low very little stuff. NOT a loud music person at all barely listen to music. I listen more to computer stuff. but They are horrible and are now needing to be trashed. If it was a few years out. i got my money's worth. But from day one and it just kept getting worse until unusable!! DO NOT BUY THESE, for many reviews are brand new speakers or if you look further back you will see the same things.
on September 18, 2012
I bought this speaker system on a Sunday afternoon and selected super saver free shipping, the package arrived the following Tuesday, amazing shipping speed. I am more than pleased with this system, I ordered this it for my dorm room and it is perfect, however it is definitely capable of being used in larger rooms, even outdoors. The sound is perfectly clear and the bass is ridiculous. I would've paid upwards of $150 for these speakers.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was eagerly looking forward to setting up this system. Upon opening the box, I found the two smaller speakers required repair, as the plastic frames holding the speakers' fabric are loosely attached to each speaker. That's because the plastic pegs for the frames are a little too small. As a result, the pegs don't have enough traction in the holes. That's just bad design.

The speakers are controlled by a large knob that unfortunately, has a somewhat flimsy feeling to it. There is a very bright LED light that emits from this knob. If your home-theater experience requires a very dark, movie theater atmosphere, you may not like that feature. Two pluses are that the control knob includes a turn-wheel just for bass and both controls are very sensitive.

Fortunately, these speakers are loud--REALLY LOUD! They pack a lot of decibels and good fidelity into a small 2:1 speaker system. The sub-woofer is great at delivering deep bass without any annoying frame vibration. Note, the sub-woofer speaker faces forward, instead downward. There is some contention as to which type of sub-woofer is better, forward-facing or downward facing. I think it's a just a matter of preference so, please note that this is a forward facing sub-woofer.

For me, the pros definitely outweigh the cons! This one's got a four-star rating.
55 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 10, 2013
I am only interested in music and movies. I needed speakers that could deliver the goods. If you are an audiophile look at another make of speakers. But if your like me and want nice clean BOOM! These are it.

Benson
on January 18, 2013
WOW! I bought the Cyber Acoustics speaker and sub model ca-3908 and couldnt be happier. I hooked my ipad up to them and the bass shook my whole house. Exactly what I was looking for. Very affordable with a very clean sound. A++++
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 4, 2013
I bought the Cyber Acoustics CA-3908 3 Piece Flat Panel Design Subwoofer and Satellite Speakers, because of the overall good ratings here on Amazon. I did my research for two weeks on various websites. However, on the first pair I got, I was surprised about the good rating. The subwoofer sounded awful, just rumbled. it had scratches and even some gooey dirt, so it looked like I might have gotten speakers that someone else was not happy with. Of course I thought it was all in my head and I really tried to make them work, but they just sounded too bad.
I called Amazon and told them there was something wrong with the speakers. Amazon was Super Nice about the situation and even helped me calm down about the whole thing. Needless to say I got a new pair of speakers and everything is Working like a Dream. Music sounds good again. These SPEAKERS are SUPER GOOD for the PRICE. That is when you get the right ones that work. Crisp and clear sound with a good bass and a right boom.
Life is not perfect and as expected there certainly are obstacles we bump into and Amazon is great about solving these obstacles. Thank you Amazon for being so great about helping me solve this problem. Your guys were amazingly helpful.

5 stars for the product.
5 stars for Amazon.
on May 18, 2014
(You can view my set-up on the picture section)

Yea, I'm over 55 years old, but don't look for no walker in my home or a Prius in my driveway. I grew up in an era where there were only two types of Rock Music- 1.) Hard 2.) Loud And you can hear them both at the same time when I pass by your house in my Hemi Challenger. So this is not my first rodeo when it comes to stereo equipment.

I bought this system primarily for Home Theater. I already own a large 5.1 Receiver/Speaker system, but didn't want the hassles of all the wires this time. This is why I decided to try 2.1. And this Cyber Acoustics CA-3908 just kicks some serious butt! For music, (from a digital source), the sound quality is superb. Crisp separations of the highs and mids. No breakup, even at room-busting volume. So, when I have Amy Lee cranked up and she's hitting those high notes, I look at those little speakers and can't believe the sound is coming from them. The music sounds like it's coming from a much larger, more expensive set of speakers.

The subwoofer is a real 6.5" ported speaker. It's not like others which lure you with a large speaker on the front but in reality, the sub speaker is some silverdollar-sized, down-firing speaker you can't see. And this makes a difference if you're watching digital movies. A larger sub can handle the sudden increase in volume (like an explosion) without crackling or breaking up. On Blu-Ray, the sound is nearly impressive as it was on my room-engulfing 5.1 system. Granted, I don't have the front/rear separation of a 5.1 system, but these smaller speakers put sound all through the room. I couldn't find a dead spot. Just crystal clear sound on a system that literally explodes during action scenes. And compared to the speakers on my TV? Those are a joke. They are like the old tin-can and string system compared to this Cyber Acoustics.

Before purchasing these speakers, I recently posted a question in the Q&A if anybody had used these for home theater. I was looking for opinions. Cecil replied:

" I like decent sound with my TV viewing and I'd spend a one hundred or two hundred more and get a decent soundbar/subwoofer. IMO, the Cyber Acoustics device is just low end. "

Cecil, let me rebut. You're wrong.....DEAD WRONG! That's all I gotta say.

In short, if you are looking for a set of speakers to be played off of a REAL digital source (not Youtube off of your computer), this set is an awesome choice, especially at this price. Grab a set, and correct me if you think I'm wrong.
review image
on August 5, 2013
it does exactly what it says. the controller is also a night light if you listen to music while you sleep (oxymoron?), and the cord for the controller is longer than it appears. also, the cord between the speakers allows for at least 6 feet of separation between them. there's only one electric plug to power the entire system; another plus. the sound fills my 18x20 bedroom, and can be heard outside. that little thing they say about being able to control the volume separately from the base using only the disc controller is something you're going to LOVE. the bass speaker is HEAVY, and when you crank the bass you'll know why. i hook mine into my laptop, but it has a separate cable if you want to play tunes from your phone. i would expect to pay $150 to $200 for this system, so for me it was a steal!!! great sound at a great price is what i was looking for; what are you looking for?