4.0 out of 5 stars The Pros Outweigh the Cons
Published on July 18, 2012 by Sharon Beverly

Published 12 months ago by Pam S-G

4.0 out of 5 stars The Pros Outweigh the Cons, July 18, 2012
This review is from: Cyber Acoustics CA-3908 3 Piece Flat Panel Design Subwoofer and Satellite Speaker System (CA-3908) (Personal Computers)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was eagerly looking forward to setting up this system. Upon opening the box, I found the two smaller speakers required repair, as the plastic frames holding the speakers' fabric are loosely attached to each speaker. That's because the plastic pegs for the frames are a little too small. As a result, the pegs don't have enough traction in the holes. That's just bad design.

The speakers are controlled by a large knob that unfortunately, has a somewhat flimsy feeling to it. There is a very bright LED light that emits from this knob. If your home-theater experience requires a very dark, movie theater atmosphere, you may not like that feature. Two pluses are that the control knob includes a turn-wheel just for bass and both controls are very sensitive.

Fortunately, these speakers are loud--REALLY LOUD! They pack a lot of decibels and good fidelity into a small 2:1 speaker system. The sub-woofer is great at delivering deep bass without any annoying frame vibration. Note, the sub-woofer speaker faces forward, instead downward. There is some contention as to which type of sub-woofer is better, forward-facing or downward facing. I think it's a just a matter of preference so, please note that this is a forward facing sub-woofer.

For me, the pros definitely outweigh the cons! This one's got a four-star rating.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value, June 16, 2013
I own a pair of top of the line $2k Polk speakers from the late 80's so I know what top notch room filling speakers sound like. These Cyber Acoustics can't touch my Polk's and I certainly wasn't expecting that they would. I am simply making the comparison so that when I say these speakers sound very good, you know where I coming from. I would say for the price they sound excellent. I cranked it at the loudest level I could tolerate and heard no distortion. I could have gone louder so I am not implying it was at its loudest, but at the volume I tested, I doubt if anyone would play them louder for every day use. I have two minor complaints which kept me from giving it 5 stars. The first is that even though its a 2.1 system, the wiring is a single stereo plug meaning the low frequency to the subwoofer gets separated by the unit itself. This is good for those folks that don't have a multichannel sound card. Since I have a 5.1 sound card, I would have preferred if the subwoofer had its own plug separate from the 2 satellites. An optional setting so the unit works either way would have been the ideal solution. The second is that there were no numbered notches in the bass settings on the round wired remote. Different family members prefer different level of bass and having to adjust to the bass level that I liked was a slight inconvenience and would have made it easier to quickly adjust the bass to my preference if there notches with numbers on the bass volume control.

Overall a very good 2.1 computer speaker set. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sound for the price range, September 18, 2012
I bought this speaker system on a Sunday afternoon and selected super saver free shipping, the package arrived the following Tuesday, amazing shipping speed. I am more than pleased with this system, I ordered this it for my dorm room and it is perfect, however it is definitely capable of being used in larger rooms, even outdoors. The sound is perfectly clear and the bass is ridiculous. I would've paid upwards of $150 for these speakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing premium sound, January 18, 2013
WOW! I bought the Cyber Acoustics speaker and sub model ca-3908 and couldnt be happier. I hooked my ipad up to them and the bass shook my whole house. Exactly what I was looking for. Very affordable with a very clean sound. A++++

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, August 16, 2013
Daniel L Erkkila (Grand Rapids, MN United States) - See all my reviews
Product worked as advertised immediately once connected. Great bass and volume for the money. Nice controls (separate bass and overall volume levels). Very satisfied with this purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot for your money., July 2, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I ordered the Cyber Acoustics CA-3908 3 piece set, I thought it would be perfect for our home office. I thought it would enhance the music that I played from my computer, as well as hook up easily to other devices. What I received was better than I could have imagined. Instead of being something that I could only use in the home office, I found that this system is a great little item for just about anywhere in the house. My sons have used it to attach to a variety of other devices...the IPOD touch, the Xbox, cell phones (I have a G2), and our personal PC. The sound quality is great and carries well throughout the house. No matter what kind of music you are listening to (bass heavy or not), the sound comes across with no vibration or distortion. This speaker system is easy to setup with only two wires connecting the subwoofer. The system is compact and doesn't take up too much space. Come to think of it, this system would even be perfect for a dorm room or apartment. The volume control, on/off switch, headphone jack are located on a circular dial. Overall, I am extremely pleased with this item and believe that it is a small investment for a quality system. I give it 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loud and Very Clean Sound, July 10, 2013
I am only interested in music and movies. I needed speakers that could deliver the goods. If you are an audiophile look at another make of speakers. But if your like me and want nice clean BOOM! These are it.

Benson

5.0 out of 5 stars The bass is great, May 8, 2013
Frank S (Bethesda, MD) - See all my reviews
Very nice speakers, sound is great. Volume control could be a little larger. Speakers are thin and easy to mount around PC.

2.0 out of 5 stars Love The Sound, Replacement Set Also Went Has Static so Ordering the Logitech Z263, November 6, 2013
Perfect size, great sound. Unfortunately I'm one of those that has an intermittantly staticy sound coming from my speakers. When it bothers me, I turn off the sound. Often when I turn it back on the static is gone for a day or three. Then it comes back. Today, two days before my one month return window is up, I contacted Amazon. They'll send me a replacement set and I'll send these back. I will update my review based on the results of the replacement set.

I love Amazon.

Update 11/2013: Received the replacement speakers, and then used the box the replacement came in to box up the old ones to send them back (had thrown out the original box). I've had the replacement speakers for a week now with NO static. Sound great and just what I wanted. Will post if there is any change.

Update 12/2013: After two weeks the replacement speakers also started popping and being staticy. They are crackling now, darn it. So, I turn them off when I'm not actively listening (playing games, listening to music) but as a result miss all of the system sounds. I'm very glad the on/off button is right on my desk so it is easy to reach. I'm abandoning these and ordering the Logitech Z623 system as they have good reviews and a $90 sales price. Once the Logitech's arrive these will likely go in the Goodwill box. And I'll save the box the Logitech's come in so I can return them if necessary.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as I hoped for., September 4, 2013
I bought the Cyber Acoustics CA-3908 3 Piece Flat Panel Design Subwoofer and Satellite Speakers, because of the overall good ratings here on Amazon. I did my research for two weeks on various websites. However, on the first pair I got, I was surprised about the good rating. The subwoofer sounded awful, just rumbled. it had scratches and even some gooey dirt, so it looked like I might have gotten speakers that someone else was not happy with. Of course I thought it was all in my head and I really tried to make them work, but they just sounded too bad.
I called Amazon and told them there was something wrong with the speakers. Amazon was Super Nice about the situation and even helped me calm down about the whole thing. Needless to say I got a new pair of speakers and everything is Working like a Dream. Music sounds good again. These SPEAKERS are SUPER GOOD for the PRICE. That is when you get the right ones that work. Crisp and clear sound with a good bass and a right boom.
Life is not perfect and as expected there certainly are obstacles we bump into and Amazon is great about solving these obstacles. Thank you Amazon for being so great about helping me solve this problem. Your guys were amazingly helpful.

5 stars for the product.
5 stars for Amazon.

$99.99 $91.39
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.