4.0 out of 5 stars works well
This product works well and seems to clean my laptop nicely (especially the cat hair that gets caught among the keys). Its kind of weird to touch though, but does the job.
Published on November 6, 2010 by Sally

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for light cleaning, not so good for heavier grime...
Published on May 7, 2011 by Thomas Duff

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars works well, November 6, 2010
Sally (Washington DC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cyber Clean 25053 Home & Office Standard Cup - 4.94 oz. (Automotive)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best stuff money can buy, February 18, 2011
I own 4 or 5 computers and lend them out...i also work in a computer lab....This stuff is pure gold...

It'll grab crap that's hiding under the keyboard keys and because it's moist it really helps to break down residues (soda / pop tart goo / ...)

also...if you've got a gadget that is a fingerprint-magnet...this will help you get a like-new sheen...

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great when used right, February 22, 2011
This stuff works wonderfully well - as long as you press nice and hard to get it between the keys of the keyboard, for instance. It took a while to get my keyboard clean, but given the presence of a cat on my desk and it being full of cat hair, it actually did wonderfully. It was quicker than taking all the keys off the keyboard and cleaning everything by hand. It's also maintaining the electronics well. I wasn't expecting this to work very well, but I've been pleasantly surprised by it. Just don't roll it over your keys or use it gingerly. It worked very well for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for light cleaning, not so good for heavier grime..., May 7, 2011
My home office is in the basement of an older home, complete with all the dirt and dust that comes along with the location. As such, my keyboards tend to get somewhat grungy over time. In fact, some would say downright disgusting. But since I see the keyboard every day, it's easy to just sort of overlook the dirt build-up until someone else points it out. Well, someone did, and I thought I really should do something about it.

Someone told me about a product called Cyber Clean that is supposed to do wonders for cleaning keyboards. Rather than spending time trying to get in-between the keys with a Q-Tip and alcohol, you take this gel-like substance, press it onto the keyboard so it can ooze between the keys, and then pull it off. There's just enough tack in the gel to pull off the dust, dirt, and grime. Fold it over, smush it together, and do it again. Repeat until you're happy with the result. So how'd it do on a really tough job? Let's see...

It *does* clean the keyboard, but not enough that I'd call it a spectacular result. The dust definitely comes up, as does some of the grime that isn't stuck hard on the keys. The dirt build-up on the edge of the keys is significantly reduced from what it was before, but I'm not going to be mistaking my keyboard for one that just came out of the box.

In a somewhat more fair test, I also ran it over the keyboard attached to my work computer. It's not had nearly the use as my personal keyboard, so it was mostly just a matter of dust. After a Cyber Clean treatment, it looked like it did when it was first assigned to me. In that case, Cyber Clean was a success.

Bottom line... If you were to get and use Cyber Clean on a regular basis, it would do a fine job in keeping the keyboard looking decent. If you're playing catch-up on a particular nasty keyboard that hasn't seen cleaning often enough, then Cyber Clean will do an adequate job on the surface or loose grime, but you shouldn't expect miracles.

Disclosure:
Obtained From: Amazon
Payment: Purchased

2.0 out of 5 stars Has horrible odor, October 4, 2011
I used this for my computer keyboard, and it seems to help clean grit out from under keys. However, sometimes it gets stuck under the keys and tiny bits separate from the ball of Cyber Clean I'm using. It also kind of makes my keys sticky for a little while.

And the smell... Ugh, it's nauseating. I can't even describe it, it's an odor all its own.

I'm going to stick with a can of air in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for hearing aids, March 2, 2012
I was looking for some contact cleaner to try and get my hearing aids to work and stumbled across this product. I cleaned my hearing aids with this product and was able to get them to start working again. I carry it with me now on all my travels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cleaner, September 23, 2011
Judy Hausler (Anahuac, Texas, US) - See all my reviews
This is a really good product. I was amazed how clean it gets my keyboard... You can really feel the difference. So easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars must have, July 2, 2011
This product delivers! You can't believe the dirt and grime it can reach. I tought my lap top keyboard was clean...Entire family used it on cellphones, cameras, computers, TV remotes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cyber Clean, April 3, 2011
Cyber Clean does what's advertised. I purchased this mainly to clean the keyboard of my laptop, because cans of compressed air can only do so much. I have a cat and it got the white fur that had crept under the keys. I did lift up the keys because I wanted to give it a good cleaning and the one small chunk of Cyber Clean that I pulled out at first cleaned my whole keyboard. The key to using this is not to pull it up too fast. Press it down and slowly pull it up. Very good product and will buy again.

3.0 out of 5 stars not earth shattering, February 10, 2011
gets dust etc - i tested on remotes - but takes quite i bit of using it to get the item clean... it easier for me to take out the batteries and wipe it w. a disinfecting wipe. does not take of any thing other than dry debris (ie that sticky residue from a soda -- sometimes there is a drop or two on the remotes).

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›