Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 19, 2007
Okay, I am the publisher; but look, I've read every page of this book, holding a microscope the entire time over the pages. I see a lot of manuscripts pass over my desk, and frankly, most go in the garbage can. This book is thorough and valuable -- what else could you want? It went straight to press!
on October 1, 2007
Trout is an excellent source for information an your rights when dealing with the internet- and let's face it - today we are almost all dealing with the internet. This book is not just for businesses. This book is a must read if you are dealing with a sticky situation/transaction over the internet. I first started reading Trout's advice on his blog - useful, everyday, legal advice - and he even makes it interesting and FUNNY. I had to check out his book. This book covers all the bases. It is a great help to anyone doing business over the internet.
on April 22, 2011
I have owned my own ecommerce business for 10 years and it has been my sole source of income. My significant other is heavily involved in my business and is a lawyer. Between the two of us we thought we knew everything about doing business online. Hah! Brett Trout's Cyber Law book opened our eyes. There was so much we were doing wrong and so much we were not doing. Trout's book is an easy enough read with an enormous amount of easily digestible info. His section on the top ten legal oversights that may shut down your website was especially enlightening. Blogs? I never realized what I was missing by not blogging. Sure I know it can help me connect with customers and market a little more but I never understood how it could increase my SEO until Trout explained it. Scams, security, privacy, contracts, intellectual property and much more are also covered in this book. If you own an online business or want to do business online then this is a must read.
on September 21, 2007
This book is a must have for any company using or planning to use the Internet effectively to conduct business. The author has done an incredible job of making the complex topic of Internet law clear and understandable to both lawyers and business people alike.
The Internet is evolving literally on a daily basis. This book contains the most current, up to date information available from an expert in the field.
S. Blakley
on September 26, 2007
If you're opening a business online, have a business online or want to get online, this is a must read. Very complex legal issues are explained in a simple easy to read fashion. Its evident that the author knows what he's talking about. Definately should be on your shelf.
on October 8, 2007
Brett Trout's concise work is a must for online businesses. Read it once before you launch and keep it as a reference for the myriad issues that arise in online business. With this second work, Brett Trout has established himself as the authority on cyber law.
on October 9, 2008
There is a lot of good information in the book and I found it to be well worth the read. The structure of the book was a little disorganized for my liking, but I read the book front to back and considered it to be well worth the time and money spent. Not so sure about the cover of the book, but it did grow on me.
on June 11, 2010
I read this book some time ago and continually reference material from this book. Being involved in start-ups the legal information this book provides is invaluable. This is a must read for any entrepreneur who does business online.
on September 28, 2007
Trout has provided the best desk top reference on an increasingly crucial topic. Don't engage in online business without it.