5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bundle, Great Service
Published on October 28, 2011 by Janet

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not hold its charge.
Compared to the Sony battery it does not hold a charge. The charger is great though and works well. The Sony battery will last for weeks even when not used.
Published 24 months ago by Nola Brech

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bundle, Great Service, October 28, 2011
I ordered this kit to go with my new Sony Cyber-Shot DSC - HX100V digital camera. It has everything I need and nothing I don't. My previous Sony camera required charging the battery while in the camera. It's great to have a spare battery ready to go, and to not tie up the camera with charging. The charger and spare battery fit easily into the side pockets of my small camera bag. So no more lugging the brick charger around with me! The charger has an LED that turns from red to green when the battery is fully charged, making it easy to know when I can unplug it. And the charger is fast - my uncharged battery was done in under an hour. The screen protectors are easy to fit to the LCD thanks to the grid cutting guide, and I have enough of them to last the life of the camera, in case the first one one gets scratched. The cleaning cloth is standard issue microfiber, but is a nice perk, and it fits nicely in the camera bag as well.
This bundle was described accurately in the listing. The order arrived prior to the scheduled package arrival time estimate. And Butterfly Photo contacted me personally to make sure that it arrived and that I was satisfied with the order.
This item is a great addition to the Sony camera, and the seller was great to deal with.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job with a little finessing, October 19, 2011
I recently bought this charger for a trip I took to Tibet and Nepal to use with my Sony DSC HX100V that I also bought from Amazon. I never used the car adaptor so I can't speak to that. Although difficult to get the battery positioned correctly in the charger, once I did, the charger worked well. I'm very glad I brought it, as many of the outlets I encountered during my travels wouldn't allow the OEM Sony charging chord to plug in. The wider prong on the grounded plug just wouldn't fit into most of the outlets. I did have a universal adaptor with me that the Sony chord would plug into, but that frequently didn't work. The adaptor would self-eject from some of the outlets due to the non-grounding plastic part of the 3 pronged plug-- but that's for another review. All in all, I was happy with this charger. I would have given it 5 stars if it hadn't been so difficult to position the battery in the charger. After a while, you do get the hang of it though.

The replacement battery worked just as well as the Sony OEM battery, so I give that 5 stars.

The screen protector was easily applied and never scratched at all, so I'll give that 5 stars as well.

The microFiber cloth worked as expected, but I had several of them with me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great at a fantastic price, October 17, 2011
We found that each item in the set worked great and we could not believe the price. We would say that it is a best buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the HX100V, February 15, 2012
I ordered this bundle on the same day that I ordered my HX100V from Sony (amazon was out), and it actually arrived a couple of days before my camera. I went ahead and charged this battery so it was fully charged when my camera arrived.

I immediately plugged in the fully charged battery from this pack and it worked like a charm. I've used both the battery in this pack and the battery shipped with my camera, and they both function exactly the same. Highly recommended, especially since the guy at Best Buy told me that I would be looking at spending about $80.00 for a battery.

Also, the charger works great. In fact, I use it exclusively with no need to charge in camera. I love the wall charger so my camera doesn't have to sit out while being charged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding value!, January 21, 2012
My expectations were tempered when I ordered this item, as it sounded nearly too good to be true. But after a month of using the battery and the wall charger, I can highly recommend this package. The battery charger will reliably charge the battery in under 2 hours from empty. The DC input and fold-away plug are a huge bonus when traveling. The battery itself seems as good as the original Sony which came with the camera, and it lasts longer (slightly larger capacity rating). I did have to insert battery into the charger several times at first, in order to loosen up a particularly snug contact which made the battery tough to eject from the camera. However, a couple trips into and out of the charger allowed the battery to then slide into and out of the camera as expected.

The screen protectors are decent quality and easy to apply. Not the best I have used, but they definitely beat scratching the display. I haven't noticed any real degradation of detail or color, although since they are not a matte finish, glare is still present.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly for a fraction of the price!!, May 25, 2012
My Sony DSC HX200V has a battery that charges in the camera. I love the camera but disliked that fact. This separate charger & battery were just the ticket. Charger is super fast using an AC outlet or (even better) my car lighter outlet. The battery holds charge as well as the original Sony Battery, and now I always have a charged battery ready to go whether I am at home or on the road. Don't let the low price scare you...this is great!!! Buy it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this without even thinking about it!, January 10, 2012
This is one of the best bangs you can get for your buck. Both charger and the battery are very well made and mach or exceed the OEM parts in both quality and performance at the fraction of their price. They also sell another kit with 2 extra batteries which I wish I had bought instead of this one. The LCD screen protector and the cleaning cloth are just a cherry on top!

4.0 out of 5 stars Battery will not hold a charge for a week. - Revised, December 18, 2011
Great price and a great product if you can use a battery that holds a charge for less than a week. Heading out the door to purchase an expensive brand name battery.

Revision: Contacted the seller and they promptly ordered a replacement battery. I have changed my rating and thanks Butterfly Photo for reacting quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purachse, November 14, 2011
In summary:
*Battery works perfectly as the original battery
*good quality of the wipers
*the charger works fine
*the screen protector is sufficient to protect you screen. You will have extra to use for other things

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, November 13, 2011
This is the second camera I have bought this item for and it is a fantastic value. It allows you to charge your batteries via an electrical outlet or in your car. The battery life is just as good as the Sony supplied battery and at a fraction of the cost.
I have no Cons to list for this item.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›