4.0 out of 5 stars Good desktop for the price
I was looking for a decently priced desktop that could be upgradable down the road - this pretty much fits the bill. I researched all of the parts on this machine before buying it (I had never heard of this company before since I'm not in the "builder community") so I was well aware of the expected performance.

Delivery was fast with no issues. The...
Published 21 months ago by muttyguy

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Computer in Process of Return!!
I hope potential buyers read this before you commit to buying from cyberpowerpc so that you do not get stuck with a horrible system and even worse service. Here is my entire experience and the problems starting from the very first day it came in the mail.

Published 20 months ago by JR

4.0 out of 5 stars Good desktop for the price, November 23, 2012
This review is from: CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra GUA890 Desktop (Black/Blue) (Personal Computers)

Delivery was fast with no issues. The packaging was sufficient and well padded (you get one big white box that holds: a medium sized box with the computer, 2 boxes for the mouse/keyboard and recovery CDs with some documentation). Opening it up, nothing seemed awry or loose so I plugged it in and everything started up fine. The blue lights from the fans are cool but my wife thinks I'm a teenage boy now. ;-) The noise from the fans are moderate.

There is absolutely no bloatware, which is a huge deal for me. I installed Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 to test out the hardware (not modified from it's original configuration) and being that I previously played them on an upgraded Macbook with integrated graphics I saw great improvement. No, you won't get crazy, ultra setting choices with this setup but if that's what you want you can always upgrade your hardware or start your computer search in higher price categories. Both games ran fine on medium settings.

The system also runs smoothly on 2 monitors (I think you can use 3 but that's overkill for my needs). My biggest complaint would be the cheap keyboard and mouse (I looked them up online and they're only worth $8 and $5, respectively). They feel very cheap and plasticky.

I'll update you guys over time if something comes up. Feel free to ask me for specific model numbers if you want to research them for yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great upgradeable build for beginners!!, November 2, 2013
I bought the machine knowing I had to replace the power supply and I knew the graphics cards was pretty low end. Other than that I threw a R9 280x and a cooler master 600 watt power supply in it and it's a beast. However, the pc stock out of the box is blazing fast. The cable management cyber owed did was excellent and I made sure to test the original psu for at least a week, for obvious reasons. I had no issues whatsoever. So any, doa stories or pus burnouts are a rarity. The gpu will run bf3 in 720p at around 25 fps which isn't bad for a stock 40$ gpu. The machine is a little bit noisy but maybe it's because it has 6 fans between everything inside of it. Keyboard and mouse are kind of s***ty, work fine, but s***ty. Delivery for prime members was pretty speedy and I'm just enjoying my new computer.

Hope this review helped some of you, great beginners pc for upgrades.

Benchmarks:
bf3- low 720p 23-35 fps. Enjoyable
Outlast - low 720p 20-35 fps enjoyable.
Planet side 2- low 1080p 25-45 fps enjoyable
Cs:go- ultra. 40-56 fps. Fun
Skyrim- medium 1600x900. 35-63 fps. Fun
Fallout new vegas - high 720 p. 60-75 fps
Smite- ultra 1080p. 60-89 fps
Dayz - low/medium. 45-57 fps
Mine craft- high w/optifne 80-100 fps

4.0 out of 5 stars Well priced beginner comp, December 4, 2012
I bought this on Black Friday for 499.99. I chose it for it's Processor and wanted a desktop that I could upgrade as I get more and more into gaming.

Shipped quickly and without any issues. First glance it was in fine working condition no loose parts or wires to worry about and the case and interior were dead on with the pictures shown.

I was able to easily and quickly plug in and get going, no wireless was a bit of a bummer but wanting to game I'd rather be hard lined in anyways. Windows 8 started up quickly and I haven't had any issues, the other great part is that there was no bloatware to speak of installed. I'm not a huge fan of Windows 8 so far but I feel like there will be a learning curve and things will get better as more apps and programs move from 7 to 8.

It's processing games I couldn't run on my last 2 computers without issue and I have had one reboot but I believe that was a Steam issue and not so much a computer issue as I had some issues restarting my account after the fact. I will say do NOT buy this computer expecting to run everything on MAX settings. I have run multiple games at a very high level and as I said it is doing much better than my old desktop or current laptop. The graphics card will need to be your first upgrade if you at all want games to look amazing. The processor, memory, and hard drive are all very good though for the price I got and I'm extremely happy with my purchase. The reason I am giving it 4 out of 5 is simply because the graphics card was not quite as sharp as I had hoped it would be, but it still deserves the good rating as everything else has been up to par with what I expected.

All in all it's a very good starter computer, I've had no problems in the first week and I specifically wanted to wait after reading some other comments to see what would happen and I've been satisfied.

UPDATE 12/13/12
So I've updated the graphics card and it's running fine, I have an ASUS Nvidia GTX 560 in it now but I need to upgrade the power supply as well because 350 watts doesn't really hack it... The other thing is the CPU fan/heatsink is actually only worth about 8 bucks... so the CPU is now running super hot and the processor was the main reason I was interested in the computer, so after 150 bucks for a VGA card... maybe another 60-70 bucks for a better power supply, and 40-50 bucks for a suitable CPU fan/heatsink... I'll have dropped easily another 250 into this computer after which it might finally be playable with top notch games. I'm sticking with it but would probably take away a star at this point due to how much work I'm having to now put into it...

As I said originally though don't expect to buy this game and play games on Ultra settings, it takes some work to get that out of this computer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great computer for the price, December 17, 2012
August 22 update. I downgraded my stars from five to four due to the hard drive went out on me a month ago. I thought if I sent a request for a replacement the company would send one to me. But instead of them looking up my name and they want more data then what I found online under my order. This is a shame. Still a great computer but I had to spend an extra $80 on a hard drive.

Although I have not had this computer for a long time I am already loving it! I was worried what I was going to get for the price but now that I have it I know I have received a great computer for what I paid. I am a gamer and so far this is working great. World of Warcraft runs really great on med settings and the only things I know I will change are the video card and power supply which I knew I would when I bought it. Everything is as the CyberpowerPC says it will be and although people have given the mouse and keyboard bad reviews, I like them. Can't have everything top of the line but this set up is perfect for me. Fast, cool design, and not full of bloat ware, I recommend this computer to those looking for a mid entry gaming computer or for those who don't mind upgrading the power supply and video card.

I am not one to over clock the processors so I can't comment on how that will be. Windows 8 will take me some time to get used to and isn't as user friendly as I thought it would be.

WoW heads and other gaming junkies, I am running at 58 FPS on high settings with the current vid card. Better than my old computer at 40 fps on low settings. I am keeping it at med settings for over 70 fps. The mouse is really cool and is my first gaming mouse. It is weighted as well. Nice design and is comfortable. The keyboard is nice as well and I am still learning what the buttons on top do.

Well worth the price. Plus I know if the system dies on me the company has a great return policy so I am not worried about it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Computer in Process of Return!!, December 14, 2012

I bought this computer during the black Friday sale at the discounted price and was extremely exited to receive it until I hooked it up. After turning on the power the first defect I noticed was that while trying to create my user name the computer kept shutting itself down, freezing, and then saying a catastrophic event occurred and needed to restart. Also, both USB ports do not work. Then I couldn't figure out where all the heat was coming from in my house until I checked the computer and noticed that the fan and blue lights did not even work and was causing the computer to emit a ridiculous amount of heat which Im sure was frying the computer since it had no cooling system. It seems to me that the computer itself is made with low quality parts. Even the plastic door that opens to the cd/usb could break off at any moment its so cheaply made.

I decided to research some more just in case. And GOOD THING I did! Cyberpowerpc has the worst service, completely unprofessional and complicated this model is awful and other PC made by cyberpowerpc had horrible reviews from customers having the EXACT same problem.

I am now in the process of just getting a full refund and sending the whole thing back. Looks like this computer was discounted for a reason.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love IT!!!!!, August 15, 2013
I LOVE IT!!!! this is probably one of the best computers i ahve ever used. it is lightning fast and response time is like a heartbeat. i play a lot of games including: Minecraft Boishock, BF4 BO2, etc. it runs like a charm. (i did upgrade my graphics card cause the one it came with was pretty weak) but besides the point the 6 cores give it tons of speed and power. i use it for rendering sokme of my videos and it does that VERY FAST. all in all it is an amzing computer with a price u cant beat and it looks amzing too. only problem is the graphics card. very weak.

1.0 out of 5 stars Would not recommend., November 28, 2012
I am currently in the process of returning mine. Had it for one week. Woke up and tried to turn it on and the power supply, what i believe it was anyway, burnt out on it. something burnt out, smelled that odd electronic smoke.

5.0 out of 5 stars good value, July 16, 2013
I received the system promptly. It performs very well - fast good game graphics with even the newest games. Cost was low for a good product. Everything works. The flashing around one of the USB ports in the back was a little bent up, but causes no problems. I would recommend amd would buy again.

1.0 out of 5 stars fried itself, March 24, 2013
I bought this as a combo bday/xmas gift for my husband. We had it less than 90 days and it fried itself in the middle of the night. We woke up to the smell of melted electronics, thank god it didnt actually catch on fire. Couldn't reach the manufactorer at any of the listed numbers on the product box or their online website. After a few hiccups it has been returned to amazon and a refund was issued

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, June 21, 2013
Usually I spend big bucks for Ibuypower.com custom built PC's, but this one had so much for a reasonable price. This was a good PC to get for a teenage son who games.. world of warcraft... star wars old republic... works great.
When the Computer showed up, it had no audio. I called the support number on the case and the person was American and clear spoken and quickly guided me to find a small plug not seated all the way into the motherboard. Plugged it in, and it's worked great ever since.
I would probably buy another PC from this outfit.

CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra GUA890 Desktop (Black/Blue)
$609.99 $499.99