5.0 out of 5 stars 3 weeks of running it hard and VERY HAPPY
I ordered this computer because my HP finally quit after I had been limping it along for a year or so. What I vowed when my HP started acting up was that the next computer I would replace it with would NOT be a Big Name / Big Box computer.
Published 9 months ago by Geeky

1.0 out of 5 stars Motherboard fried
Upon plugging in my new computer that I was so excited for, I have everything connected properly, the monster works as well as the computer itself. Or so I thought. The insides light up, power supply, graphics card, HDD are all spinning. The only thing that doesn't seem to be getting power is the motherboard. How do I know this? No power goes to the mouse or keyboard, the...
Published 4 months ago by Michael

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 weeks of running it hard and VERY HAPPY, December 22, 2013
This review is from: CybertronPC Borg-Q GM4213A Desktop (Blue) (Personal Computers)
I wanted what used to be called a “clone” or generic computer with a good case, strong power supply and separate components that I can update and change when they die etc.
I searched a lot, read lots of reviews and found a number of computers that fit the bill.
HOWEVER, after reading reviews for CybertronPC’s computers (many that were high dollar rigs) and the raves about their customer service, I found this one, The Borg-Q that fit my budget and had all the features (except I wanted Windows 7 and not the crappy 8 or 8.1 stuff. More on that in a minute) that I wanted.
So ordered it here on Amazon. We have Prime so in 2 days (free shipping) this HUGE box arrives at my door. It was packaged SOOO well with huge foam blocks to support it.
Plugged it in, fired it up (blue lights glowing and all) and it went. No bloat ware really. Couple of useful apps. Just a clean running machine. I’m writing this review on it now.
Windows 8 (this version is the new 8.1 which just means Microsoft tried to fix the major screw-up that Win8 is in my opinion) started up loaded and runs fine for what it is. I had already decided that I would put Win7 on the computer, but when I realized that you have to have the Pro edition of Win7 for it use more than 12GB of RAM (I plan to upgrade this sometime to 32) and the fairly hefty price tag on win7 pro or ultimate, I decided to tweak Win8 and try it out for a while putting the Borg-Q thru its paces. So I cleaned up Win8 after reading stuff online to do. I’m knowledgeable but NO expert. Purchased Retro UI for Windows 8.1 (very important that you get the version for 8.1) for $5, loaded it. Ran a registry cleaner and BAM I am happy.
In fact after over 3 weeks with Retro UI on the CybertronPC Borg-Q running Windows 8.1 I AM VERY HAPPY.

Most of all I LOVE the craftsmanship and attention to detail that the Borg-Q exhibits. I opened the case to look around and everything is tucked away, zip-tied up and nice and neat. All the component choices are good quality products that I researched individually. Not top-of-the-line, high dollar stuff … BUT GOOD name brand components. The heat sync alone is impressive.
So after 3 weeks of loading all my software, applications and using a tweaked version of Win 8.1, I would CERTAINLY buy a Cybertronpc computer again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat it for the price!!, December 31, 2013
I was a little skeptical to buy this PC due to the low price and plastic looking tower. Ever since the moment I have pulled it out of the box I have been more than impressed. The case is sturdy, the LED lights inside make it look serious, and it is awesomely fast (compared to my last PC). I've been playing a slew of games on it. I can get Skyrim to run really well on the low video settings and I've even been playing Battlefield 4 on low settings and the game play is surprisingly good. If you want to get a little more serious like I do about gaming, I'd upgrade to a slightly better video card. With another $100 or so towards a video card, this thing will be able to keep up with the best of them. I plan on doing that very soon, but I have to admit the video card that it comes with holds its own for the price of this PC!! My kids play Minecraft on it and it runs flawlessly with all the graphic settings turned as high as they can go.

We have two screens set up on it right now so we can watch Netflix on one screen while my son plays Minecraft on the other.

Make sure you buy a little wireless USB adaptor if you don't plan on having it close to a wired internet source. I bought a 300MB/S adaptor for $10 and it works flawlessly.

I actually took the time to add up the cost of each component to see if I could build the same computer for cheaper - and what I found is that it is about $100 cheaper to buy it from CybertronPC.

Good luck and happy gaming!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Satisfied with my Purchase of the Borg-Q!!!, April 26, 2014
After much research, I kept coming back to Cybertron because of the reviews here on Amazon.com. They seem like a company that wants to take care of their customers (based on their responses to small concerns here.) I had no concerns whatsoever! Thanks to Prime (and an added $15 to get my computer in one day instead of the free two) I am now a very satisfied customer and love my green Borg-Q!

The Good:

* It came extremely packaged. Big box, plenty of packing material, all the CD's, etc.
* This computer case is huge, well ventilated, nice fans that glow, plenty of room for expansion, etc.
* Setup was a snap. I've never used Windows 8.1 before and had to remember my old hotmail password to log in. I have been very skeptical about Windows 8 (especially coming from Windows 7 and a couple of Macs.) Once I found out how to get to my familiar desktop (click on the desktop tile) and once I knew how to get rid of Internet Explorer as my default browser (with the terrible Bing search engine--I installed Chrome and use google) and once I learned how to shut down (move mouse to the right, move it down, click on devices, then shut down--way too many steps--shame on you Microsoft) then I kinda liked it.
* This computer screams! It is so much faster than my 2012 iMac with 12gb ram.
* I've installed Team Fortress 2 and run it in 1080p with no frame skip whatsoever--very smooth. I'm not a "need 150 frames per second, liquid cooling, overclocking" kinda guy--I just want decent graphics, decent frame rate and GOOD GAMEPLAY!!! I come from the Commodore 64 days, folks!
* I installed Minecraft and my 6 year old hopped right to it and put down a bunch of TNT, made a switch, blew it up and he yelled, "NO LAG!" Minecraft plays extremely smooth--much better than my Macs.
* Unlike some reviewers, I actually like the logitech keyboard and mouse. I actually use the same keyboard here at work and can type very fast on it. I may switch to a wireless mouse but the one I got with my computer is light and very responsive--I like it a lot. Once again, I'm a fan of Logitech mice and keyboards to begin with.
* Boots up extremely fast.

THE BAD
* Nothing bad about the computer except the sticker on the center of the fan is not exactly centered so it has a wobbly look when spinning. I may just peel it off. Does not deter from the computer in the least.
* Windows 8 (even though I have 30+ years computer experience) has some strange design choices--a small learning curve--obviously built more for touch devices--the store scrolling left and right instead of up and down for example. Once again, I don't exactly hate Windows 8.1--just need to get used to it.

In conclusion, I am so happy I chose this computer. I play a few games (have not tried any processor intensive games yet), do some visual basic programming, browse, pictures, etc. and this is a fast, smooth, good looking computer. I would highly recommend it and their company. The process with Amazon was smooth and I may even keep Prime! LOL.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gaming PC at a Fair Price!, December 21, 2013
With its quick 3.8 GHz AMD Quad Core processor, 1 gigabyte NVIDIA GT610 graphics card, and 8 gigabytes of DDR3 RAM, this computer can tear through games like Borderlands 2 at max graphics. It maintains a smooth frame rate and never has lag spikes. It can run multiple programs fluidly, and has not yet overheated on me.

For the price, it is an amazing gaming PC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for a budget PC., August 16, 2014
After two weeks with this PC, I am quite happy with it. As a budget PC, it runs great -- the main MMO game I play can't be run on highest graphics setting, but at middle settings it runs great. I'm sure that if I wanted to spend a little more money for an upgrade Graphics card, it would run everything well. For everything else I do, mainly business applications, e-mail and web surfing, the PC is great. Frankly, I think I got a lot of PC for the money.

The case has more ventilation than any other PC I have owned. That's great for cooling, but leaves a lot of openings for dust in the long term. On the other hand, all that ventilation makes it easy to see into the case, so if there is a dust build-up, it will be easy to see and clean. (I put mine up on a table, so dust should be less of a problem.) The blue lights are nice without being obtrusive. I do wish there was an exterior light showing when the hard drive is active, but if I look through some openings in the case, I can see the light on the hard drive -- it would just be a little more convenient if it was on the case.

There are two USB ports in the front, and six in the back. One for the Mouse, one for the keyboard, one for an extra peripheral and one more for an exterior back-up hard drive, and I still have plenty left. There are two expansion bays in the front, so there's plenty of room to add other stuff. Note that this computer does NOT come with a SD card reader, so take that into account if you have a camera with an SD card or want to load your phone's micro SD up with music. If you want to add one, there's plenty of room for expansion, and the interior of the PC is roomy.

It came well packaged, and was easy to set up. I would suggest, especially for folks who struggle to see small things, to copy down the Windows code before setting it up, as you will need that code. The included keyboard and mouse are basic but usable. I have mine set up with two monitors -- one using the DVI port, while the over uses the VGA port (I may get a longer HDMI cable for the second monitor). It was fairly easy to set up the dual monitor set up. One little thing I appreciate: the minimal documentation and extra parts came in a plastic bag that lets me store everything I need in one place. (When I get a new computer, I like to copy down the Serial Number, Windows code and other information, then keep it all together in one place in case I need them later.)

One thing I also appreciated was the lack of "bloatware." The machine comes with the drivers needed in a basic Win 8.1 installation. I didn't have to spend time deleting unneeded stuff.

I have owned computers for a long time, but I hadn't used Windows 8 before, so it took some time to get the hang of it. Despite all the complaints, I don't find it to be all that bad. Be aware that this PC does not come with much documentation -- Cybertron assumes you already know how to run a PC.

I decided to go with this PC because there were a lot of positive reviews, and Cybertron seems to be very focused on good customer service. So far, I have had no problems at all, so I haven't needed the customer service.

Bottom Line: I think I got a quality PC at a very good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am in love with my new computer, April 15, 2014
Over the years I did have one other brand new out of the box computer but nothing ever as great as this one. With the recent death of my imac I chose to go with a tower computer over an all in one to avoid another issue with a "vintage" computer down the road with parts that are needed but no longer obtainable. After a really bad experience with another company involving a new computer that came defective in the box I did want I should have done in the first place and went looking here at Amazon.

First off in 2 days time I had my computer vs 10 days for the one that did not work. I got it out of the box, hooked up everything and hit the power button and magic happened when it was alive. This computer boots up in like 15 seconds. I do it all with my computer: gaming, word processing, streaming, downloading...... And this one is handling everything I ask it to with flying colors. After not being able to play a MMORPG for several years do to the aging computer I was in heaven when I went back into the virtual world with my druid to begin anew.

I am extremely please with this computer as it came out of the box and also with the way I will be able to upgrade it down the road. Both factors extremely important to me. I have nothing negative to say about this computer as far as I am concerned it is GREAT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Entry Level Gaming PC, August 9, 2014
This is my first amazon review, and I feel as though this computer deserves some proper recognition. I have had some high powered computers in the past but they bit the dust and I decided it was time to get back into the game and bite the bullet and shell out some cash for a new one.

Pros:
-The processor in this machine is not bad at all. Even though it is a quad core and not an 8-core processor, it still runs at 3.8ghz and you can overclock it if need be, just make sure you have the cooling equipment to do so.
-The ram is stock ram, but that's not all that bad since it allows an easy upgrade to 16gb with another stock 8gb ddr3 stick of ram.
-The motherboard is actually fairly large so when you do upgrade the graphics card in this machine, which you will, you don't have to worry about the card being too long.
Cons:
-The graphics card is a 44 dollar Geforce GT 610, and if you want low resolution with steady FPS, you'll get your wish. But more than likely after you play around with a few different games that are more graphics intensive, you'll come back onto amazon and grab a higher priced graphics card. I have personally been playing around with borderlands 2, skyrim and a few other games and I have noticed that you can set the settings higher on games like borderlands 2 and team fortress 2 and get high textures with FPS in the mid to high 50s. After I played around with Skyrim I realized I had to drop the extra cash on a new graphics card so I ordered a GTX 750 ti SC since it is not extremely power intensive.
-The power supply is a 450w which means that if you want to upgrade the graphics card to something a little more heavy and power consuming, you'll also be dropping some more money on another power supply.

Overall for this price, you'll get a great mid-range gaming rig that is extremely easy to customize.This is a solid entry PC for those who want a long term investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat this for the money., February 26, 2014
What I love:
Processor - Very powerful, extremely pleased with performance on my games. I can run them on max settings with no problems.
Hard Drive - More than adequate for my needs. I do have two externals for most items though.
Tower - Really well made and all fans run silent.

What I like:
8GB DDR3 Memory - I plan to add to this in the near future. It does have 3 more slots so adding later is not an issue.
Keyboard & Mouse - Basic serves it's purpose, does have small footprint which is a plus.

What I don't like:
Windows 8.1 - This is mainly preference due to compatibility issues with my AMD graphics card.

Other:
Power supply and graphics card were changed out upon arrival. So I can not comment on those. I do plan to add those to the wife's computer in the coming days so may update.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value for Gaming PC, April 5, 2014
After having this rig for several weeks now, I'm extremely impressed with it for several different reasons. The product was shipped quickly and on-time, in a very durable box that kept the computer safe and sound. Super quick set-up and within minutes of plugging it in, I was rocking my favorite games on Steam. For a lower-end gaming rig, this computer is great. Now if only I could wrap my mind around Windows 8.1, I'll be set. Highly recommend this anyone pc gaming on a budget.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good PC for me, April 16, 2014
I'm in my late 40's. I like to use my PC for a number of things including watching shows and playing games.

This is not a top of the line gaming PC, but for my purposes it is more than sufficient. I've been playing SWTOR with no issues with the graphics set to high.

Speeds are good. Surfing speeds are good.

My only downside is I'm not a huge fan of Windows 8's interface, but I'm getting by.

CybertronPC Borg-Q GM4213A Desktop (Blue)
$589.99 $589.94