5.0 out of 5 stars Cyborg 009
I've started watching Cyborg 009 on Cartoon Network. I missed a few episodes, so I picked up Cyborg 009 Unedited And Uncut. The box set contains information booklet about the nine cyborg characters and extras. There are 8 episodes on 2 DVDs. If you want to know the episode titles. I have included them in this review.

Disc .01

01.The Birth...
Published on August 2, 2006 by Daniel Willis

3.0 out of 5 stars Cyborg 009
Cyborg 009 is a show to be respected, all factors given. The original manga dates back from the 1960's, so the animation style is dates compared to the flashy style of the anime of today. The concepts and storyline, however, are entertaining and quiet entrancing.
Nine humans have been literally kidnapped off the streets and reconstructed into machines, giving each...
Published on January 31, 2004 by Samantha Jo Placek

07.Defeat The Invisible Opponent

08.Friend

5.0 out of 5 stars Now here's something original..., April 23, 2004
This review is from: Cyborg 009 - Uncut & Unedited (DVD)
It is not everyday you get an old anime redone from olden times, I have been a fan of cyborg 009 since my childhood and was filled with joy to see yet another series to be made; luckily for us it even appears in english and uncut at the same time.
As you must have read about the storyline and characters in Amazon.com's review of the title, there's no point in going there. So what I want to point out here, is the style the animation is done in. Though in some of later episodes ( not released in the west yet ) framerate and detail-attention drops from time to time, the series as such is almost in a Fleischer-styled - from the 30s and 40s americana yet, at the same time modern manga/anime drawn 100% on a computer -> :)
My point with this is, the Cyborgs 001 -> 009 were inventet in a more innocent time, long forgotten by most anime fans nowadays. Dealing with coldwar issues and other worldly matters of those times, plus each and every character's own struggles within themseleves - and then there's the so called 'real' action, fighting off enemies ! Ergo - not your everyday flashy "go-buy-the-toys" and "forget-the-storyline-before-the end-credits" series.
Also the team issue people; Ishinomori Shotaro I surely believe inspired the X-men, as they arrived 8 years before Stan Lee created his version, and these guys are cooler, in two words I can tell you why I think so:
matching uniforms... !

5.0 out of 5 stars Kick @$$ Anime, March 20, 2004
cyborg (Santa Fe Springs, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cyborg 009 - Uncut & Unedited (DVD)
At first glance you might think this a a little kid's anime. IT IS!But can a kid's Anime have a full depth story line? I'll tell you this show will get you sucked into it. In my opinion it is better than some other animes out there. If you are looking for something new and different this might be right for you. Also if you're new to the whole "anime" genre, I highly recommend this DVD. I would tell you the story but by looking at other reviews I'm pretty sure you already know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Need more Cyborg 009, June 26, 2006
dExtrosien "dextrosien" (Colonial Heights, Virginia USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cyborg 009 - Uncut & Unedited (DVD)
I picked up these two DVDs recently. I fell in love with the show back when it was on Toonami in the afternoons. I finally saw them for a good price and I had some extra money. The DVDs do the series justice I believe, but I'm left hanging. It is a 52 episode series to the best of my knowledge, but only 8 episodes have been released on DVD? I also believe that there are several movies made, but no sign of them coming to R1 anytime in the near future either. This is a such an amazing series, but stopping it at 8 episodes seems a little cruel.

keep the faith,

dExtrosien

4.0 out of 5 stars Order this Cyborg 009 DVD, but NOT the other 2!, March 10, 2012
This review is from: Cyborg 009 - Uncut & Unedited (DVD)
I think this is well worth watching, but you can read the other reviews to help you decide if you are interested. I watched Cyborg 009 - Uncut & Unedited first, which contains 8 episodes, and wanted to see more. So, I ordered Cyborg 009 - The Battle Begins, and Cyborg 009 - Good vs Evil, from Amazon. While there is no information on Amazon on the content of either of these DVDs, I just assumed that they were movies or contained other episodes. Not so! The other two DVDs each contain one disk with 4 episodes, and those 4 are already included on Cyborg 009 - Uncut & Unedited. So, there is absolutely no reason to order the other two.

4.0 out of 5 stars 9 CYBORGS BATTLING EVIL, November 24, 2006
Sesho (Pasadena, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cyborg 009 - Uncut & Unedited (DVD)
The last thing Joe Shimamura remembers is being chased by cops for a murder he did not commit and then falling hundreds of feet from a sea cliff. When he wakes up he's in a strange costume in some sort of laboratory and being told by a woman's voice that he must quickly escape! As he escapes he displays superhuman speed, agility, and toughness. He is no longer Joe Shimamura, but Cyborg 009, made for the sole purpose of helping the terrorist organization called Black Ghost take over the world! He's not the only cyborg that has rebelled against his purpose though. There are eight others with different superpowers that have chosen to go against their makers and destroy Black Ghost once and for all. But Black Ghost isn't going to let them go that easy. It sends out a series of cyborgs with increasing power to kill them all.

This was a great dvd set that took a nostalgic look back at Japanese animation and manga, updating a series that originated back in the 1960s. Like the anime Metropolis, the outdated character designs give Cyborg 009 a charm and personality beyond most modern anime, though they do take some getting used to, especially 001, who is sort've an infant Professor X. Then there's 004, who fires anti-tank missles from his kneecaps! While the designs are very cartoony, the animation and the score are extremely well done. The voice acting too does a good job in selling an old story for a new audience. The only thing that puzzles me is why Black Ghost continue to manufacture the cyborgs after NINE of them rebelled and fled. It seems like by the THIRD, they would've just given up on the program! It's a shame, but these eight episodes are all that have been released from the 52 shows that comprised its original run. I assume Columbia Tristar just wasn't making any money off of them. There is also a manga published by Tokyopop. Great fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta See, February 1, 2004
"frozae" (Huntington Park, California United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cyborg 009 - Uncut & Unedited (DVD)
This anime first aired on Toonami no too long ago. Its a very interesting anime about 9 cyborgs (not like if anyone doesnt already know that). well anyways its a gotta see cartoon even though people may say it looks like childrens but some of the action is cool

5.0 out of 5 stars Damn awesome, December 13, 2009
This review is from: Cyborg 009 - Uncut & Unedited (DVD)
This was definitely a good buy. The animation is crisp. very clean, and the storyline is very good to get anyone hooked. The only thing that maybe turned me off was how quick the dialogue was, and not much is explained like other anime today. I think the translations were rough, but all in all a good buy for any anime fan out there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great show, October 19, 2009
M "Delicious Strawberry" (I wait behind the wall, gnawing away at your reality) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Cyborg 009 - Uncut & Unedited (DVD)
... So where's the rest of the series? I'm happy to have this DVD, but as far as I can see here on Amazon, there's no more uncut episodes available, and that is very disappointing. It would be better if 009 had been released in uncut version as a complete collection, rather than just the first 8 episodes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series!, March 14, 2007
This review is from: Cyborg 009 - Uncut & Unedited (DVD)
Im a huge anime fan and really liked this series. I wish there were more episodes on the dvd even though there were like 8 or something like that. It just seemed short probably cause I liked it so much. The characters are interesting and have the original design that they had before the remake.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Cyborg 009 - Uncut & Unedited
Cyborg 009 - Uncut & Unedited by Mugihito (DVD - 2004)
$39.95 $7.85