Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on March 28, 2012
It is the mouse.

I saw the latest Cyborg R.A.T. 9 mouse, but I was like "Paying $150 for a mouse is stupid."
Then I thought "What does their least expensive model look like?" I bought it because it looks cool, but it works even better than it looks. First off it is a very high quality piece of kit. The construction reminds me of my RC10T radio controlled racing truck. An aluminum frame with RIM parts. The braided cord is long, flexible and looks tough. Although it looks chunky the ergonomics are excellent (I have a Masters in ergonomics). I like that one can adjust the up-down and left-right sensitivity separately. The wheel rolls nicely with little detents that make changing weapons in games much more positive. One bump and you have the next gun, no more back and forth until you land on the one you wanted. Adjusting the dpi of the mouse on the fly is very useful. I set it to 2400 dpi (800,1200,2400,3600) and slow down the mouse response slider in Windows and games. It is highly responsive without being twitchy. I can check doorways and corners in Call of Duty really quickly. If you like, one can speed up the response for running around and slow it down for aiming. I don't bother to do that. Where I find it really useful is in PhotoShop. When I want to do fine detail I lower the mouse dpi with the toggle switch behind the wheel. I especially like the thumb-rest 'wing' on the left side. It keeps your thumb from dragging on the mouse pad. The position of the two thumb buttons is perfect. I don't really find the programmable button useful. I would always start a game in Windows mode and find things were not working properly, so I set it to default and forget it. If you play a game with lots of inputs you may have a use for that feature.

My only complaint is the Teflon under the mouse is kind of thin. I had MOUSE SKATES under my old mouse and they were much nicer.
I have a kick-ass mouse now and I had to get a kick-ass mouse pad to do it justice. No Biggie.

The bottom line is in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, I was never that good, but I loved to play anyway. My gamer tag was 'Joe Target'.
After a week with the R.A.T.3 I changed my tag to 'Fearless Leader'.

Nuff said.
on October 27, 2015
Its design is really unique and one of the coolest aspects of Cyborg's products. I used the mouse faithfully until I ordered a Razer Naga a year later. I would have given it 4 stars during my use but after having used other gaming mice, I see that this model is very lackluster for its price. The software is decent, without the weird errors you'll get using Razer's software with Macs. My suggestion: spend the extra bucks and go for a higher end model from Cyborg if you like the design or look into a different gaming mouse from a company like Corsair, Logitech, or Razer.
on November 20, 2013
This was my first real gaming mouse. I did eventually upgrade to the rat 7, but only because I loved this mouse so much. I wore it out one of the thumb buttons because I smashed it in using it for push to talk. I still use this one for another computer.

The overall feel of this mouse is great. The texture is perfect, a little soft and really keeps it from feeling sweaty and gross even after long gaming sessions.

The slide is very smooth, especially on a gaming surface type mousepad.

Overall, I loved this mouse. I just decided to upgrade to one of the higher models with more buttons.
on December 18, 2013
A bit of a weird design, but surprisingly comfortable. The buttons are well placed, and the weight is fine. The optical sensor is accurate enough for gaming. After a year of use, however, the optical sensor stopped working altogether, so it became useless. Rather disappointed as I still have mice from the 90s and 00s that still work perfectly fine. This is the cheapest R.A.T. 3 though, so I guess I can't be too mad. If it has lasted longer, I probably would have giving this 5 stars.
on May 19, 2013
I have had this mouse for a year now and I love it. it is comfortable and sturdy as well as stylish. It has lasted a hole lot longer than the cheap PC mice that I have bought. The braided cable makes it harder for my cat to chew it in two. And I can wipe a lemon across it to keep the cat away from it. Cats tend to hate citric acids and the fibers hold the scent of the lemon acting as cat repellant but enough so my cat still curls up in my lap.
Just remember to blow the dust out of the lens from time to time and you should be fine and dandy.
on May 19, 2014
I don't know about most mouses, but this one isn't very well made it appears. The middle mouse button broke a year in- a known issue with this model. Otherwise the mouse 'works'. One note: I don't like how, if you use the preset configurations in the driver software, you have to launch it and activate it every time you open windows. An OK mouse for the price, but maybe I was expecting too much?
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2012
I can't seem to find a driver that properly functions with my system, I'm on windows XP professional SP3 32-bit.

Mouse occasionally jitters and moves on it's own, freshest drivers from the website don't help anything - actually manufactured by Mad CatZ I believe, which if I had realized prior to purchasing I wouldn't have done so - this company's hardware has always been B-Grade.
on August 23, 2012
Great mouse! You can change the sensitivity very easily. I game a lot and I was hesitant in buying this mouse. Initially, it looks "weird" and "bulky" etc. No. I have small hands for a guy and every mouse that I tried before did not work for me (Razr mice). Also, I have a "claw" grip and my brother has the "full hand" grip. He uses my mouse and loves it also. It works for everyone! All I can say is believe me when I tell you this is an amazing mouse. I understand that picking the right mouse is hard but you won't be disappointed with the R.A.T 3! :D
on December 24, 2011
First things first... Man, does this thing look good! Aside from that and it's very quick tracking speed though, this mouse leaves some things to be desired. Yes, it's cool to be able to program your three little buttons and switch profiles on the fly, but three buttons (including the profiles, nine programmable keys) just feels... Kinda useless. Granted, in my off hand sits a Razer Nostromo, so I could just be biased, but I'll let you decide if three buttons cuts it. On the up side, on max DPi, this thing flies. The thumb shelf is both comfortable and functional, and the finish on the mouse feels great.
All in all, it's a really quick, budget gaming mouse with some good features.
on April 18, 2012
Granted I've only had it for about a month now, but its still working great.

Pros-

The mouse was a little bit smaller than I imagined, but it fits perfectly in my hand none the less (though I have somewhat small hands so it might be an issue with larger hands).

It's more of a grippy-textured feel rather than a smooth slick design, but this works out great.

The thumb bridge is amazing and you never really notice how much the thumb gets in the way until you have this.
The two addition buttons next to the thumb are in a good place and work out well.

The DPI settings are nice as well.

Cons -

The scroll wheel is a little bit clunky - not that big of an issue
The cord is insanely long, had to wrap it around a couple of times (again, not a big issue at all)

Overall it is a very nice gaming mouse that feels great in the hand and works very well (so far)