Cyborg RAT 9 I heard that Madcatz has upgraded the Cyborg R.A.T. 9 Wireless Gaming Mouse for PC and Mac sensor and now has a 6400dpi sensor on it. I was wondering if the product Amazon is offering is the updated version? or the old one. Can someone confirm this?
[UPDATED] asked by K. CHUN on April 11, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
I have been using the RAT 9 wireless for over a year and a half now. It has had NO HITCHES, NO JUMPS, NO LAGS and absolutely NO indication that it is a worthless piece of garbage.

You now have the option of returning items if you happened to have received a faulty product. The whole batch isn't horrible.

I am a hardcore gamer and I play everything from MMOs to FPSs and my older 5600dpi RAT 9 has NEVER given up on me. The only problem you will EVER face with this mouse is the battery running out in game. But before anything like that happens, the LEDs on the mouse start blinking to warn you. The blink rate goes up as it gets closer to dying. I also bought extra batteries ($20 for a 2-pack from their online store) and now I have enough batteries in circulation.

Another issue will be that the batteries will initially last a good 6-8 hours of rigorous gameplay. Now, 2 out of the 4 last only about 3-4 hours for me. The battery change is largely hassle-free and takes about 3 seconds. So it is a non-issue for most people but the chronically impatient.
Sumit Pathak answered on June 12, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The old sensor they were installing was burning out approximately every 6 months according to repeated complaints here on Amazon. I would like to know if they have upgraded the sensors as well.
I Buy Everything Online answered on May 10, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
so you have the 6400 dpi version of the Rat 9 ?
Kevin O. Thorsen answered on July 31, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
it is 6400 DPI now, I bought it RAT9. But it is still worthless piece of garbage. Trust me dont buy it. The laser will give out on you less than 1 month.
The laser on mine give out on me in 2 weeks and I only play light games like DOTA 1
Sharkees answered on June 3, 2012
Comment | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I happen to have a 6000 DPI mouse besides a RAT 9 and personally it does not matter 5600 or 6400 to me. It seems to be a non factor because no one will likely use it on that setting. But I did just get a new one and it was a 5600 dpi laser the only thing that was different from my old on was the accesories were in a little bit cooler looking plastic case instead of metal. I recieved my new RAT 9 at the beginning of May 2012. Hope this helps.
b5cents answered on May 4, 2012
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›