5.0 out of 5 stars The best all-purpose motorcycle mag.
Published on March 8, 2008 by Truth-monger

2.0 out of 5 stars Horrible customer service but great magazine
Published on September 4, 2008 by Gearhead Mania

2.0 out of 5 stars Horrible customer service but great magazine, September 4, 2008
This review is from: Cycle World (Magazine)
Hachette Filipacchi Media has horrible customer service. Several months ago, they mailed me a renewal offer for $10 for 24 issues (2-years) which I submitted with a personal check. They cashed in my check and I checked my account online only to discovered they only renewed it for 12 more issues. I emailed them and was told that they have lots of offers and only one for $10/12-issues. I sent them my offer code and even scanned a copy of the letter I received, but they would not honor their own offer and claimed that they had a 24-issue offer for $12.00. Notwithstanding, it took on average 3-4 days before I would get a reply. I did not even bother calling them because it was long-distance and I was sure I'd be placed on hold longer than I'd like. After weeks of communication, they finally agreed to honor their $10/24 issue offer.

For this much hassle, I have to drop the rating down to 2/5 stars but only because of the publishing company. I hate to do this because I feel the magazine is very good.

The magazine content itself is quite educational and well-written. I do not own a motorcycle but I enjoy reading about them, as well as racing tips and other tool tips that I could apply to auto racing/cars. Many of the car magazines are more interested in selling aftermarket parts or reviewing expensive foreign cars that no one could afford even after 3 lifetimes. I discovered Cycle World to focus more on the relationship between driver and machine, even if the machine has only 2 wheels! I read many negative reviews about how Cycle World was only focusing on Japanese "crotch rockets" but I must disagree. I have found it to contain balanced content covering everything from touring bikes, scooters, beginner motorcycles, and up to the Super Sport bikes. If you're into motorcycles, Cycle World is your magazine.

I give the magazine itself 4/5 stars, but the publisher (whom provides the subscription) was a severe disappointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best all-purpose motorcycle mag., March 8, 2008
This review is from: Cycle World (Magazine)
I've been reading Cycle World since 1977 and it's by far the best all-round motorcycle mag you can get. It covers every aspect of motorcycling, including sport bikes, dirt bikes, standards, cruisers, racing articles, top-notch technical articles by experts like Kevin Cameron, wonderful features and articles by Peter Egan (America's most beloved moto-journalist), op-ed pages, etc. It covers British, Italian, American, Japanese and German bikes alike, with detailed performance and technical data. Even the advertising is good. It's a fun read, from front to back. Cycle World is a high quality magazine, just like its sister publication for car lovers, Road & Track.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great MAGAZINE, December 21, 2008
This review is from: Cycle World (Magazine)
I've been a suscriber of this magazine for about 15 years and find it the most well rounded writings of the motorcycle offerings in the US.
If you are looking for a broad interest in motorcycle coverage this is it. For the price to content ratio this magazine remains a constant in my readings. I currently read about 4 brands a month and Cycle World is the first one I pick up.
Good Reading!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't Curb Your Enthusiasm? Read Cycle World!, October 29, 2008
This review is from: Cycle World (Magazine)
Motorcycle enthusiasts are a unique breed and the main quality that sets them apart from the rest of civilization is their unyielding enthusiasm for their chosen sport/hobby. They often become consumed with biking and, like golf fanatics and others, they view every spare moment as an excuse to partake in their chosen activity.

Cycle World is a magazine designed with the motorcycle enthusiast in mind. This publication is made for the type of biker who not only likes to ride his cycle, but also liked to learn as much about motorcycles as possible. There are, of course, plenty of articles in each issue of Cycle World that talk about the joys of riding and the sport of motorcycle racing. But Cycle World includes other articles, too- articles that only the well- rounded motorcycle fan will be likely to read and appreciate. Some articles focus on new technology. Others dispense advice on motorcycle repair. There are also travel articles and personality profiles as well, making for a nicely rounded publication.

I'm not a motorcycle enthusiast or even a casual fan, but I still like certain sections of Cycle World and I try to read a few of them every month. My favorite sections of Cycle World are those that feature new products. Cycle World is among the first publications to report on new motorcycles and other related products and the magazine includes plenty of great photos, test data, and various statistics. In a matter of minutes, one can quickly learn the pros and cons of a specific motorcycle and more easily make a buying decision. Even though I am not a fan, I still like these articles because, like articles on new cars, they often include some very cool new product offerings that can easily impress anyone- even a nonfan like me.

Motorcycles are loved by their many enthusiastic fans and Cycle World is a magazine intended for those who want a well- rounded publication about motorcycles, their upkeep, and their use for entertainment. Most of the pages in each issue are dedicated to the different motorcycles produced by different manufacturers, but there is plenty other information to be found in this magazine about motorcycles and Cycle World makes a good choice for those who want to know how to ride, repair, and enjoy their hobby as much as possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cycle World, August 23, 2013
This review is from: Cycle World (1-year automatic renewal) (Magazine)
As a confirmed Harley Davidson rider, I am, none the less, interested in what the other motorcycle people are doing. Cycle World tries to provide a broad brush stroke of this realm. By providing product reviews and stats on reviewers, Cycle World helps me to picture myself on that motorcycle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best all-around cycle rag available, August 20, 2013
This review is from: Cycle World (Magazine)
This mag has minimal advertising, a variety of motorcycles tested, and the best writing in the industry. Keep up the excellent tech articles, Kevin Cameron!

5.0 out of 5 stars Early Arrival, September 25, 2014
This review is from: Cycle World (Magazine)
A rather long lead time of months was given for the subscription to start, so I ordered it now for Christmas..... so, it shows up in Sept. Oh, well, no real harm done. Hard to figure these things out when they are gifts, and no way to regulate when you want to have it delivered. We have gotten Cycle World in the past with no issues. It does look like they have gotten away from the in-depth articles and gone to shorter blips, which is a shame for people who actually like to read and delve into a subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm baaack!, July 15, 2014
K. Thomson (Marvelous Mahtowa, MN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cycle World (Magazine)
Love the Mag, I';m back after a several decade hiatus and it's all GOOD!

1.0 out of 5 stars person didn't deserve nice gift & customer service generally sucked, May 13, 2014
This review is from: Cycle World (1-year automatic renewal) (Magazine)
I had ordered this subscription for an imate that likes motorcycles. He turned out to be a real butt munch & I called customer service to ask them to please immediately cancel the subscription & I was rudely told that it would take a few months before they could cancel it & I would receive a partial refund, which I didn't get. After a few phone calls with different stories, I received an.email reminding me about the "auto renewal", which I didn't know what that meant. Apparently, I guess that he received the entire year's worth of the subscription & the company was trying to get me to pay for another year! I immediately called customer service & they looked up my account, found & admitted to their mistake, & I finally received a full refund & a sincere apology

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, May 2, 2014
This review is from: Cycle World (Magazine)
Perfect gift for my boyfriend glad I spotted it and bought it before the issue came out he loves it

Cycle World (1-year automatic renewal)
$59.88 $12.00