5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent dictionary!
Published 17 months ago by Lynelle

Published 14 months ago by Denise Hall

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent dictionary!, February 18, 2013
This review is from: Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (Thumb-indexed Version) (Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (Thumb Index Version)) (Hardcover)
In 2001 I bought the 19th edition while enrolled in an alternative medicine college course; when I saw that the latest edition was available I ordered it post haste. It is fully 200 pages longer, and has, of course, the latest references and terminology; also better quality photographs...some not too pleasant to look at, but, well, after all... The appendices are very informative, and I think this is a great dictionary for any family; not just for people in the medical field, or med students. And if you do buy it, don't pass over the introduction; it's worth a few minutes' read. Often I refer to this resource for general information, or when a family member or friend has a question about the body, illness or medical procedures. It has been very helpful, and clarified a lot of misinformation (or lack of accurate information) that sometimes floats around and is surmised as true. Even if you have another medical dictionary, you can't go wrong by adding this one to your bookshelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Reference, July 27, 2013
I am taking courses pursuant to joining the Medical Coding profession. Unfortunately, the texts (from Pearson) are woefully inadequate with regard to a glossary and definitions. After using a few of the references available at a local library, I decided to purchase the Taber's and am very pleased with the thoroughness of the explanations, amount of detail, quality of the illustrations and photographs, and the additional opportunity to use their on-line references.

A solid reference with a number of pluses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best medical resource, September 1, 2013
I've used Tabor's for years as a medical resource. It is easy to use and has excellent visuals to enhance the definitions and descriptions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource for nursing students!, November 3, 2013
The Bible for Nurses creating care plans! Has everything you will need;disease definition, symptoms, NANDA's, interventions. A must have for students!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed/wanted, September 6, 2013
I needed this book for PT School and Amazon provides brand new copies with all disks and/or access codes that you can get if you buy the book at your bookstore. Very pleased with Amazon and I will be sure to look at Amazon for my future textbook needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow impressive, September 5, 2013
I have several medical books. I am a school for medical coding now and this is great addition to my library. Also give you online access for one year, one less book to tote around if your bags are as packed as mine. This book is small and with amazing detail. I just love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good book for nurses or those in the medical field, August 31, 2013
Carol A. Miller (NEEDHAM, MASSACHUSETTS, US) - See all my reviews
a very good reference book for medical terms and meanings. explains what things are and how they work, and where things are in the body

5.0 out of 5 stars Taber's Medical Dictionary, September 8, 2013
The book was packaged in a plastic bag and in great condition. This book has given me easy access with the thumb index and I also use the box it came in for easy storage.

2.0 out of 5 stars The book says free one year subscription to Tabers' on line - NO CODE INCLUDED, May 28, 2013
I was excited to receive my Taber's dictionary, as I am beginning an ABSN program. The description says a free one year code is included inside the front cover for accessing Tabler's on line. I was looking forward to using this feature on campus. Guess what? No code or code key included in my dictionary that I paid over $100.00 for! (The deluxe version). Huge let down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Resource, April 1, 2014
Stephen Crafts (Boylston, MA United States) - See all my reviews
While studying medical coding, one encounters a lot of terminology that causes confusion. Tabor's is an excellent resource that contains definitions (including prefixes and suffixes) and illustrations in a very compact format.

Rate and Discover Movies