Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Price:$5.38+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on January 15, 2010
I have been looking for an LED clip on light that I can use while running at night on the bike paths in our area. Most products that I saw had many reviews about the plastic clips breaking. When I saw this had metal clips, I grabbed it right away.

It is much smaller than I anticipated, about 1 inch wide, 1.5 inches long, and about 1/4 inch thick. The LED's are very bright (it hurts to look into them, and I do not suggest it). At night, I can see details of trees in the woods that are on the other side of the backyard. This is also so light, it is barely noticeable on my hat.

UPDATE: 11/30/2012 - After almost 2 years of use, this light is still going strong. The switch is starting to wear out a bit and the batteries are not held quite as tight, resulting in flicker. But, what do you expect from a light that is used a couple times a week, is exposed to light mist and sweat, etc. I've been very pleased with this light! I have been through a number of new batteries since I got it, but I'd expect that with frequent use.
0Comment146 of 150 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 5, 2011
44 comments173 of 180 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2009
Great product. First one I have found with metal clip rather than plastic ones, which always break.
0Comment35 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 27, 2009
This is a good compact light. I accidentally ran it through the washing machine and it worked fine. The beam is bright and covers a large area however this can be a problem in some cases where a more focused beam may be necessary. Overall I like it because it is much smaller than some of the other "headlights".
0Comment40 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon June 1, 2010
This light is much smaller than I thought it would be, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's tiny...about the size of a box of matches, but thinner. I bought two, one to put on each side of the brim of my hat. They fit perfectly and because they're so light, you don't even realize they're there. They give off enough light for you to see what you're working on...one would probably really be enough. They look pretty cool too...the kids thought a robot was walking into their room when I went in to show it to them one night!

Although the clip is made out of metal, you still need to be careful when attaching it. While it is indeed made from metal, it attaches to a plastic casing, so it can still break off. With careful handling, though, I think this will last me for a while.

I plan to keep the two I bought attached to a cap that I'll stow away for camping and for the occasional hurricane power outages here in South Florida. It's a great little device for the money and I do recommend it.
0Comment25 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2012
I bought this for night fishing in my boat. I live in northern Minnesota, so no boat fishing yet. However, I have used it for ice fishing and it works great. It is very bright and I like that the light is on the top of my 2hat not under and the clip is metal not plastic. I have had several of the plastic ones break on me. But the big difference that I like the most is that it is a simple on off button. There is not one push for blinking, two pushes for red and more pushes of the switch for more or less LEDs. Just off and on. I usually just turn my cap light on when I hook a fish and use it for landing the fish and I don't want to waste time turning on my cap light and one simple push of the button and I'm ready to go. I fish walleyes and their eyes really light up with this light. Definitely five stars.
on December 15, 2010
So these things are bright and the metal clip is nice. I ordered two, one worked nicely but the other stopped after a couple days. Thinking the manufacturer should replace it I called them but their answering system is terrible. About to hand out a 1 star review, I sent them an email. Nice response and they sent me a replacement without asking for the defective one back.
0Comment23 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 26, 2010
I bought this light after Sportsmans Guide apparently discontinued a 7 led cap light I had been very fond of. I was swayed by the reviews of others and the fact that this one had a metal clip that holds it onto the cap insead of the always breaking plastic clips. I loved the size and the one touch push button was a plus. The light comes with (2) 2016 batteries but it will work just fine with (1) 2032 battery as well. I was able to discover 2 slight shortfalls. 1 the LED,s are simply sticking out of the small housing. There is no silver reflector to focus the light beams. This makes for a more spread out light pattern. Lights everything up some, but nothing a lot if you know what I mean. Additionally, the metal wire that makes up the clip could use some teeth so that the unit doesnt end up pointing to either side when it brushes by your hand or something that you are working on in tight spaces. Nothing is perfect. I would by this product again.
11 comment35 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 15, 2011
This light was MUCH smaller than I anticipated. It's roughly the size of 2 quarters. You could easily buy 2 of them and put them both on your hat if you want even more light. The light is bright and wide, not a focused beam. It's very light and small, the switch is easy to use and find in the dark. The best part of the design is that the clip is made of metal and will not break. I have had three other hat clip lights and all three broke after a few hours of use. This light will hold up nicely.
review image
on November 21, 2011
I love the cool weather but this time of the year I have to walk my Schnauzer in the dark. This little light is so bright my Schnauzer has a shadow. When he stops and sniffs around I can look down and see everything to keep him away from ant hills, snakes or anything dangerous. The light is so small I can probably put 2 of them on my cap. I got a 5 pack of extra batteries. I'm not sure how long the batteries will last but so far - so good!
review image