Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 27, 2009 6:52:33 PM PST
Al says:
Cyclops has one eye, one arm and one leg.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2009 2:24:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 28, 2009 5:22:50 AM PST
David L. Lee says:
Oh okay I get it. Cable too. It also looks badly drawn. Maybe it's not final? I don't know. Could be changed if people complain enough.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2009 5:18:39 AM PST
Kia Purity says:
Yes, the box art is silly.
But then again... it could've been Liefeld art.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2009 10:53:05 AM PST
L. Ackerman says:
YES, Let's complain! Vol 1's cover is sooooo much better than Vol 2.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2009 2:22:52 PM PST
Daniel says:
I don't know what you guys are complaining about. The artwork looks pretty good to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2009 9:50:42 AM PST
Both covers aren't up to par for the show they represent. Vol 1 is a little better than this one, but Cyclops may still be a floating amputee on that one as well. With all the art available for these characters (40+ years, right?) hopefully they'll come up with something more fitting as they start releasing more info. If not, well it won't change what's on the discs.

Posted on Mar 4, 2009 12:13:50 PM PST
L. Ackerman says:
I came across the artist of Vol 1, and he said that he's drawn a cover for Vol 2, and that he will be posting it soon on his deviant art account. He said that the cover on Vol 2 now is actually a placeholder mock-up. So probably enough people complained and asked the artist of vol 1 to redo vol 2's. By the way, the artist's name is David Nakayama, and he's pretty good. You should see the original piece for Vol 1 here:

http://david-nakayama.deviantart.com/art/X-MEN-Animated-Vol-1-Box-Art-111233217

It's actually a lot better than what the final product is, which is still pretty good.

P.S. He also said that there's a plan for him to draw Vol 3's cover, but no official word yet.

Posted on Mar 10, 2009 2:14:38 PM PDT
At least they changed the artwork, but I wish they would have given Jean the green uniform, since it's the Phoenix Saga that's covered in volume 2 and not the Dark Phoenix Saga.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2009 5:39:02 PM PDT
Kia Purity says:
"oops"

Oh well, the one-armed/one-legged Cyclops was amusing.

Posted on Jul 1, 2009 11:44:38 AM PDT
E. Jackson says:
Who cares about the box art? I just wish they'd release the episodes after "The Phoenix Saga" IN ORDER! The episode "No Mutant is an Island" is suposed to come RIGHT AFTER the "The Phoenix Saga" and show how Cyclops deals with the apparent loss of Jean Grey.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jan 27, 2009
Latest post:  Jul 1, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
X-Men: Volume Two (Marvel DVD Comic Book Collection)
X-Men: Volume Two (Marvel DVD Comic Book Collection) by Iona Morris (DVD - 2009)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (101)