Customer Discussions > Les Indispensables forum

Cyndi Lauper's "Santa Baby"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 13, 2006 9:36:39 AM PST
M. Sellers says:
Cyndi Lauper does a knock-out version of "Santa Baby" but I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know of a CD that contains this song?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2006 8:54:00 PM PST
Dave K says:
I'm sorry, but I'm mostly certain Cyndi never recorded this song. You may be thinking of Madonna.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 11:34:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 11:34:43 PM PST
vimi says:
Cyndi Lauper definately recorded "Santa, Baby" but you're right. I've been searching for it with no luck either.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 5:09:32 PM PST
Gypsy Wolf says:
I, like you, thought the version I heard on the radio was Cyndi Lauper singing "Santa Baby" so I did a bunch of searches. Cyndi did just sing the song with Rosie O'Donnell at the Cyndi & Friends Home for the Holidays show in New York but the version that I'm positive you're thinking of is actually Madonna who recorded it in the later part of the 80s for a celebrity charity Christmas album that was never released. I really thought it sounded a lot like Cyndi too but it turns out it isn't. The voice you hear in the video is Madonna: http://youtu.be/5ycWObpi73Y

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 5:45:52 AM PST
NormaLee says:
It was Cyndi Lauper. I had a Christmas cassette (yes, I'm THAT old) and Cyndi's version of Santa Baby was on it, along with other Christmas songs by other artists. It was fantastic -- she is the queen of sassiness mixed with a good voice. But I don't have the cassette anymore and do not remember the name of the collection, darn it. I've been looking for two years for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2013 7:34:37 PM PST
It was Modonna singing Santa Baby on the Cd A Very Special Christmas released in 1987
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Les Indispensables forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Dec 13, 2006
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Indispensables
Indispensables by Cyndi Lauper (Audio CD - 2004)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (6)