5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to your winter closet!
I'm 5'6 and I wear a 28-29 denim, small busted and truly a 6. I have this coat in red( great red btw) in a size medium. I can comfortably wear a sweater under:)
Hope this helps!
Published 20 months ago by SAlvis

2.0 out of 5 stars cool style, bad fit
Published 22 months ago by D. Osborne

2.0 out of 5 stars cool style, bad fit, October 23, 2012
I really wanted to love this coat and it looked so cool in the photo. However, the fit just wasn't very good, particularly in the sleeves, which were very boxy, baggy around the bicep, and too short for my arms. I'm 5'5", 110 lbs, and ordered the small. The XS might've been a better fit overall, except for the sleeve length, which would be even shorter than the size small's. A quality wool coat should have slimmer, longer arms, in my opinion, and should offer more sizes, e.g., 0, 2, 4, etc.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor fit, December 1, 2012
This review is from: D.E.P.T. Women's Fabulous Coat (Apparel)
This coat is advertised as women's sizes but it's really juniors' sizes. Luckily, I tracked down a D.E.P.T. size chart on another website before ordering or I would have ended up with a coat that was too small.

The photos make the coat look like it is fitted around the waist and flares a bit over the hips, but I found the coat to be rather straight/boxy and unflattering. The sleeves are also too long and there is something weird about the cuff and buttons. The buttons are too far back from the edge so the cuff is very loose and floppy around the wrist/hand.

As another reviewer stated, it is difficult to get the buttons through the buttonholes. This is probably a combination of the buttonholes being too small and the buttons being a little sharp around the edges. It hurts my fingers to try to cram the buttons into the holes.

The fabric of the coat is just meh. The wool blend (only 63% wool) is kind of scratchy and thin, and the lining feels cheap. This coat would not keep me warm in freezing temperatures.

I really like the bright red color and the length of this coat, but those things aren't really enough to justify paying this much for a poor fitting, very thin coat. I'm afraid it's going to have to be sent back.

2.0 out of 5 stars Have to Agree with Other Reviews, December 2, 2012
I too really wanted to like this coat. I thought the style was unique and fun. But when I received it I just had to admit that it was not a $300 coat. The lining was cheap, and the wool blend felt scratchy: definitely not a high quality blend. The fit was also problematic. I'm a slim 5' 6" at ~120 lbs. I ordered a small, and the waist line was too large and the shoulders too small. I doubt that an X small would have fit any better. Bottom line, this coat seems best fitted for a junior perhaps--and even then I'm not sure. A bummer, I hope they redesign it so that it fits better, because it is a good style. Just not worth the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fits very small and doesn't button easily, November 28, 2012
This review is from: D.E.P.T. Women's Fabulous Coat (Apparel)
The coat looks very cute. I would give it 4 -5 stars on looks, but the sizing is way off. Another reviewer said it's a junior sized coat and I would agree. I ordered a size larger than what I normally take and it was too tight with a sweater on underneath. The arms had plenty of room but not in the torso. Also, the buttons didn't go through the holes easily even when I wasn't wearing it. It was painful to button up. I wanted to button up the coat for the return and gave up. It's too bad because it is a cute coat.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a junior size coat, November 25, 2012
This review is from: D.E.P.T. Women's Fabulous Coat (Apparel)
I really wanted this coat to fit, but I'm a bit busty and there was no way it was going to button...definitely junior size...not misses....if you're little..It will fit you

1.0 out of 5 stars Only for thin women!, December 6, 2012
Okay, I'm by no means "fat" -- I'm a normal-sized woman (5'6" and 135), and it is clear to me this coat is only suitable for thin women, like the model in the illustration. It was too tight (and I bought a large), and because I have curves, it flares out in the wrong places and makes me look heavier than I am.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to your winter closet!, December 3, 2012
Hope this helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars Expectations surpassed!, November 1, 2013
Shoppin' Belle (Oklahoma City, OK) - See all my reviews
Based on other reviews I fully expected that I might be returning this coat. I took the gamble and I'm so glad I did.

Fabric: This is heavy and warm but surprisingly smooth and soft for a wool blend. (And I'm something of a natural fiber snob). Even the stand-up collar on my bare neck wasn't scratchy! I expect to get plenty of wear from this over the frigid North Dakota winter.

Cut/fit: The coat is SLIGHTLY less hourglass than it appears in the picture but based on other reviews I expected a completely straight cut badly in need of tailoring. Not at all! It is somewhat fitted with sharp princess seams. I do plan to take an inch or two out of the center back seam to give it that sexy hourglass fit BUT I can wear it with confidence until I get around to it.

Size: Here I agree with the crowd. I am on the pear side of hourglass, usually wearing a 6/8 on top and a 12 on bottom. This makes dress and coat shopping difficult from the get go. I went with a large and it fits perfectly over my sz12 hips and my 34D top. As I mentioned, it's a little big in the waist but a tiny bit of tweaking down the center back will take maybe an hour and will bring it to a perfect fit. Clothes need tailoring. Bodies aren't all the same.

Trimmings: The buttons are a nice heavy quality metal and I had no trouble buttoning them even in gloves. The satin piping trim was a great surprise! It runs down the front of each side and edges the epaulets and adds to the overall luxury feel. The lining is the same as every coat I have ever purchased from a dramatic range of prices. (Yes, I'm addicted to coats).

Especially considering this new price, this coat is a fantastic deal. Go for it, you won't be sorry! (But maybe have a teeny bit of work done on it if you plan to love it for a lifetime!)

1.0 out of 5 stars Heavy. Poor design., February 3, 2013
RB (Michigan & Florida) - See all my reviews
I had high hopes for this great looking jacket but they were not realized. The material is cheap. The coat weighs a lot. And it's cut poorly. I returned it. A case of the price being too good to be for a good product on this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and fun coa t, but I'll never wear it unless I lose 40 lbs., November 11, 2013
There is not a woman in the U.S. that could fit this 2X if they wear an 18 o 20. Not true to size!

D.E.P.T. Women's Fabulous Coat