Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now DOTD

1,495 of 1,512 people found the following review helpful
VINE VOICEon January 12, 2009
Prior to purchasing, I searched all over to try and figure out the difference between the Ultra Stomp Rocket and the Junior Stomp Rocket Kit. Both products list for a similar price. The Junior version advertises that rockets will soar up to 100 feet in the air and the Ultra version lists a slightly higher height of up to 200 feet. But the age ranges for the 2 products are substantially different with the Junior Stomp Rocket recommending ages 3-8 and the Ultra Stomp Rocket recommending ages 8+.

For my 4yo son, we started with the Junior Stomp Rocket. He LOVES it! When/If going outside is not possible, he holds the stomp pad under his arm and points the rocket and shoots the missiles around the house. Because the rockets are all foam, they do not do any damage to walls, furniture, (or mom and dad, thankfully). When outside, my son literally plays with this toy for hours, adjusting and playing around with how hard you need to stomp to get the rocket to go really high.

Both the Ultra and the Junior Stomp Rocket kits come with a plastic rectangular "stomp pad" connected to a flexible tube. The end of the tube connects to one of the plastic/foam rockets (4 are includeded in each kit). There is a small plastic stand that you can put together to use as a launch base. Snap the plastic tube onto the base and stomp on the pad. Air is shot through the tube and propels the foam rocket up into the air.

We now have both the Ultra and the Junior Stomp Rocket kits and the only real difference I found is in the size and shape of the rocket missiles. The Ultra Stomp Rocket missiles are larger in size and shape. They have a plastic shaft with small plastic fins on the bottom and a large foam head. The junior stomp rocket missiles are smaller and made entirely of foam. Other than that, the launching equipment for both are exactly the same.

Refill Rockets for both the Junior and Ultra models come in varying colors and sell (at least on Amazon) for under $[...].

Whether you buy the Ultra Stomp Rocket (listed here) or it's sister product Junior Stomp Rocket, you will be getting a fantastic toy! This toy is so simple - no assembly required, no batteries, just easy to use and loads of fun!

I do have a slight preference in favor of the Junior Stomp Rocket, only because I like the missiles that are all foam if you are going to be using the toy inside. Also, the junior version has glow in the dark refill rockets. Really cool for night time use Junior Stomp Rocket Toy Glow in the Dark Refills. For some reason, you can only get the glow in the dark refills in the "junior" size.
2828 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2007
I don't think I've ever found a better toy. It's my birthday gift staple for ages 5 to 11, boys and girls. It is simplicity at it's best. It's easy to assemble. Just pull it out of the box, go outside, put a rocket on the launcher and jump on the launcher. Of course, everyone's got to try to catch the rocket when it falls - and no one can resist the desire to make it go higher! Some sets have rockets that whistle or twist. All rockets have a soft foam head, so no one gets hurt.

The rockets are fragile, but it's easy to get refills.
on November 9, 2006
Bought this for my 2 year old as a way to spark interest in rockets. He loves jumping on it and watching the rockets cruise through the air. He has no problem loading them or firing them. He also likes watching the bigger kids (like dad) launch them also. It seems to be made well and hasnt fallen apart on us yet. A good way to blow off some steam after work and play with your kid.
on September 23, 2008
Really fun toy! The plastic rockets break easily though. I prefer the foam rockets that come with the original Stomp Rocket instead.
on May 3, 2010
Fun toy, the kids love it but you should buy extra rockets as they don't last too long.
on June 28, 2012
If you going to buy this toy I recommend buy extra rocket, because the fin and the rocket itself will torn in few used especially on hard surface like driveway.
on November 14, 2011
On the fun scale, this is a 10 out of 5. The kids love it.

Don't let the age recommendation fool you, when we bought our first one (I'll get to that later), my son was 3 and loved it. He had no problem jumping on the pump with 2 feet and getting a good launch.

The base of the product is a bit of a pain. It doesn't stand up on it's own very well, and I like to secure it to my lawn with a few landscape stakes.

The wing nut that holds the launcher up is also annoying as it's constantly loosening and the launcher keeps falling to a lower angle. I recently took the advice of another reviewer and tied a rubber band around the launcher and the base to help hold the launcher in place. It's works well.

The biggest issue I have with this product is the quality of the rockets. They are VERY flimsy. The tubes are very thin and easily breakable and the fins at the bottom are also very thin and not secured well to the tube. After a year of occasional use, our first stomp rocket had no useable rockets left, so we had to get another one.

If this was more expensive I'd have a big problem with the quality of the rockets, but given the low price, I had no reservations about just buying a new one.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 29, 2007
definitely needs adult supervision to be sure the rocket is pointed in the air and not directly at another person; the grandchildren love it and is a good way to burn up some energy for backyard play.
on April 4, 2011
We bought a set of these at Costco for our oldest son four years ago. I REALLY wish I'd bought two sets because that set came with TEN rockets for the same price as this one that only comes with 4. The base on this toy IS flimsy...ours broke after only a few uses but my husband went to Home Depot and got 4 curved PVC pieces, connected them to an X piece and drilled a hole in the middle then stuck the black launch tube through and VOILA - a super sturdy base that has lasted us 4 years and is still going strong through MANY uses by all 3 of our kids. The best time was when we had it at the park and a bunch of random kids just lined up to each have a turn. We had a dozen kids in line and finally OUR kids complained they weren't getting enough turns. Unfortunately our last rocket just cracked and broke yesterday to my 3 year old's dismay. I'm disappointed this one only comes with 4 rockets but it's better to get this rather than just 4 replacement rockets. We're getting a set of the "high performance" stomp rockets too for the two older kids (8 and 6). Get this toy - you won't be disappointed!!
on April 7, 2013
I wish my 3 year old didn't like this so much or I'd return it now. Rocket 1 of 4 broke day 1 after 5 minutes. It looks like they sacrificed the weight of a big foam tip for a scheaper then cheap shaft and fins. Base could have a little more weight to it. I would suggest manufacturer include a tube of superglue so we can try to fix these fins that are not meant to survive at all. I'll have to wait to return until the other rockets break tomorrow and my kid cries. Really a terribly cheap product that has no chance of surviving any children.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse