The D-Link DGS-1008G 8-port Gigabit Switch is part of a new series of Green devices using D-Link Green technology. Created with the Small or Home Office (SOHO) user in mind, the DGS-1008G saves energy while reducing heat output, providing you a longer product life without sacrificing operational performance or functionality. It provides 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports for fast server deployment to meet increasing network loads.
Transfer files over your network at blazing gigabit speeds, with 8 ports providing maximum flexibility (see larger image
Combined with an efficient power adapter that is EnergyStar level V qualified, minimized the use of harmful substances (RoHS compliant) in the device and enclosed in recyclable packaging.
The DGS-1008G 8-port Gigabit Switch helps you conserve energy automatically through several methods. It automatically powers down ports that have no link activity, allowing the switch to save energy by cutting power usage for unused ports or ports connected to computers that have been shut down. It can also detect connected cable lengths and adjust power usage accordingly, helping you save energy without effecting networking performance.
The 8-port Gigabit Switch was designed with the environment in mind. It is compliant with energy Star level V, as well as with the strict CEC and MEPS regulations that require the use of energy efficient power adapters. The switch is also built to follow RoHS standards to minimize use of hazardous materials, and uses recyclable packaging that helps reduce waste, complying with the WEEE directive.
IEEE 802.1P QoS
Quality of Service (QoS) prioritizes network traffic so that time-sensitive data is delivered efficiently, even during bursts of high data traffic. This helps ensure an optimal experience for streaming media, VoIP calls, and online gaming.
Cable Diagnostics Function
The D-link Cable Diagnostics function enables users to efficiently detect cable conditions through the LED display on the front-panel. Users can determine whether the pin connections of their cables' connectors are correct, facilitating network troubleshooting.
- 5 Gigabit Ethernet ports for ultra-fast wired connectivity
- Up to 1 Gbps of dedicated bandwidth per port and up to 2 Gbps bandwidth in full-duplex mode*
- Supports IEEE 802.1p QoS prioritization**
- Jumbo frame support of up to 9000 bytes
- Cable diagnostics function
- Auto MDI/MDI-X crossover for all ports
- IEEE 802.3x flow control
- Plug and play installation
- Supports MAC address learning
- Wall mountable
- 24/7 basic installation support
- Limited lifetime warranty
* Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate.
** The attached devices must have a Gigabit NIC that supports 802.1p queuing to allow QoS functionality.
- LED indicators, per port: Link, Activity, and Speed
- Network cables, 10BASE-T: UTP CAT 3, 4, 5/5e (100 m max.); EIA/TIA-586 100-ohm STP (100 m max.)
- Network cables, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T: UTP CAT 5/5e (100 m max.); EIA/TIA-568 100-ohm STP (100 m max.)
- Dimensions: 6.5 x 4.5 x 1.4 inches (WxDxH)
What's in the Box
D-Link DGS-1008G 8-port Gigabit Switch, power adapter, operating instructions
Choose the Right D-Link Router for You
| || 10/100 5-Port || 10/100 8-Port || Gigabit 5-Port || Gigabit 8-Port |
| || |
| Connect computers and devices to your network || || || || |
| Access files between computers || || || || |
| Share music and video || || || || |
| Plug and play instantly || || || || |
| Share an external hard drive or printer across wired network || || || || |
| Transfer files over faster wired connection (Gigabit; 10/100/1000) || || || || |
| Troubleshoot connection problems || || || || |
| Reduce jittery audio || || || || |
| Enjoy lag-free gaming || || || || |
| Conserve energy || || || || |