The D-Link DGS-108 8-Port Gigabit Switch provides a quick, easy and economical way to add high speed networking to home offices and small/medium sized businesses. With data transfer speeds of up to 2000 Mbps, the DGS-108 is ideal for fast file transfers and easy expansion of your network for connecting printers, scanners, storage, and backup devices to any network. Compact design with metal case that is ideal for wiring closets, conference rooms or small offices. Use it on a flat surface or use the included wall mount kit.
- Gigabit Ethernet Ports. Connect up to eight devices for blazing fast wired connectivity ideal for gaming, watching movies, and moving data quickly.
- Metal Casing. The rugged design is built for durability no matter where you place it.
- Built-in Kensington Security Slot. Just attach a Kensington cable to the built in Kensington security slot and help prevent your D-Link switch from potential theft.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty. Don't worry... D-Link has you covered. The last thing you need to worry about is your switch.
Effortless High Speed Networking
With data transfer speeds of up to 2000 Mbps on Gigabit Ethernet, the DGS-108 Gigabit switch is ideal for transferring files quickly. Featuring easy access front Ethernet ports with bi-color LED indicators per port to quickly distinguish link status. The switch features IEEE 802.1p QoS, which organizes and prioritizes time-sensitive and important data for efficient delivery, allowing for smooth streaming media, VoIP calling, and online gaming. Additionally the switch features a Kensington Security Slot on the rear panel where users can fasten the unit to a table or desk.
The DGS-108 is a plug-and-play networking switch that offers D-Link's Green Technology to save energy and reduce heat, which in turn extends product life without sacrificing performance or functionality. The switch supports IEEE 802.3az Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE), which detects when a connected computer is shut down or when there is no Ethernet traffic, at which time the switch will automatically power down the idle port, saving a substantial amount of power. In addition, the switch can also save energy by detecting the length of cable connected to a port and only using as much power as is necessary. Working together these innovative features drastically reduce power consumption and heat dissipation, resulting in extended life and substantial cost savings.
The DGS-108 Gigabit switch was designed with the environment in mind. It is compliant with Energy Star Level V, CEC, and MEPS regulations, which require the use of energy efficient power adapters. Built to comply with RoHS standards to minimize use of hazardous materials and is packaged with an EnergyStar Level V qualified power adapter all in a recyclable packaging making this product truly.
Cable Diagnostics Function
The D-Link Cable Diagnostics Function enables you to be instantly aware of cable conditions through the LED display on the front-panel. You can determine whether the pin connections of your cable connectors are correct, facilitating prompt network troubleshooting if required.
- Gigabit solution for SOHO, small, and medium businesses
- Speeds up to 10x faster than 10/100 Ethernet
- Plug-n-Play installation
- 802.1P QoS support for superior traffic prioritization
- Auto MDI/MDIX crossover for all ports
- Store-and-forward switching scheme
- Dlink power design
- Intelligent cable diagnostics for efficient troubleshooting
- IEEE 802.3x flow control
- RoHS compliant
What's in the Box
DGS-108 8-Port Gigabit Switch, power adapter
| Choose the Right D-Link Switch |
| Benefits || |
| Connect computers and devices to your network || || || || |
| Access files between computers || || || || |
| Plug & Play installation || || || || |
| Share an external hard drive or printer across your wired network || || || || |
| Conserve energy || || || || |
| Limited lifetime warranty || || || || |
| Troubleshoot connection problems || || || || |
| Transfer files over a faster (Gigabit) wired connection || || || || |