Upgrade Your Network
The D-Link Wireless-N 8-Port Router (DIR-632) provides a better wireless signal for your network than previous-generation Wireless-G technology. Upgrading your home network to Wireless-N provides an excellent solution for sharing an Internet connection and files such as video, music, photos, and documents. D-Link Wireless-N products use Intelligent Antenna technology to transmit multiple streams of data which enables you to receive wireless signals in the farthest corners of your home.
Not only does the D-Link Wireless-N technology extend your wireless range, it also works with previous-generation wireless devices. The DIR-632 also includes basic QoS (Quality of Service) Prioritization Technology that analyzes and separates multiple data streams based on sensitivity to delay, enabling multiple applications such as VoIP, Video, and Gaming to stream smoothly across your network.
Powerful Wireless-N connectivity for fast wireless streaming of multimedia (see larger image
Eight Ethernet ports and USB port with SharePort technology for sharing USB printers and storage devices (see larger image
- Wireless N connectivity for superior wireless performance, clarity, and coverage
- Intelligent QoS technology prioritizes both wired and wireless Internet traffic to enable enhanced gaming and phone calling (VoIP) experience
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) for secure, simple 1-button setup
- Capable of streaming audio and video to compatible UPnP-enabled devices
- Single-band Wireless N connectivity
- Firewall and Parental Control
- 8 High Speed Ethernet ports for fast wired connectivity
- Supports secure wireless encryption using WPA or WPA2
- SharePort technology for sharing USB printers and storage devices over your network
Eight 10/100 Ethernet Ports
If you're looking for a router to help expand your wired network, this will do the job as well. With eight (8) 10/100 ethernet ports included on the back, you'll be sure to have plenty of room to plug in other network devices and be easily connected.
The D-Link Quick Router Setup Wizard quickly configures your new Wireless-N 8-Port Router to get you up and running in minutes. Our Setup Wizard walks you step-by-step through the installation process to configure your Internet connection, wireless network settings, security, and everything else you need to get your network up and running so you do not have to be a networking expert to get it set up (see a larger image of the set-up software).
Easy To Secure
The DIR-632 supports the latest wireless security features to help prevent unauthorized access, be it from over a wireless network or from the Internet. Support for WPA and WPA2 standards ensure that you will be able to use the best possible encryption, regardless of your client devices. In addition, the Wireless-N 8-Port Router utilizes dual active firewalls (SPI and NAT) to prevent potential attacks from across the Internet.
Benefits of a Wireless-N Router
This Wireless-N 8-Port Router uses powerful 802.11n technology with multiple intelligent antennas to maximize the speed and range of your wireless signal to significantly outperform previous-generation Wireless-G MIMO devices. The antennas on the Wireless-N 8-Port Router make use of your home's environment by bouncing multiple wireless signals off walls and ceilings to work around obstructions and help eliminate dead spots.
| || |
Get Ready for the Future: IPV6 Equipped
With the growing number of Internet-enabled applications requiring IP addresses, the supply of IP addresses under the current Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) system has already been exhausted. The IPv6 protocol solves this network addressing exhaustion by creating more IP addresses, but migration from IPv4 to IPv6 is not necessarily automatic. No worries--this D-Link product is IPv6 Certified and ready for the future.
- Standards: 802.11g/n; 802.3/3u
- Ports: Eight 10/100 LAN ports; one 10/100 WAN port
- Security: Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA, WPA2)
- Advanced Firewall Features: Network Address Translation (NAT); Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI); VPN Pass-through / Multi-sessions PPTP / L2TP / IPSec
- Device Management: Internet Explorer v7 or Later; Mozilla Firefox v3.0 or Later; or other Java-enabled Browsers
- System Compatibility: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP SP3, or Mac OS X (v10.4 and later; included software is not Mac-compatible)
- Dimensions: 9.1 x 5.9 x 1.3 inches
- Warranty: 1 year
What's in the Box
Wireless N 8-Port Router, CAT4 Ethernet cable, power adapter, CD-ROM with installation wizard and product documentation