The Xtreme N Dual Band Gigabit Router is one of D-Link's most powerful routers and is designed specifically for high quality home entertainment. It uses Wireless N technology, which is much faster and farther reaching than Wireless G, so you can enjoy a strong and reliable Wi-Fi Internet connection throughout your home. Plus, this router is a dual band router, which means it operates on two Wi-Fi frequencies instead of just one, so you can watch all the HD content you want interference-free.
| ||Internet, Unleashed |
Enjoy a blazing fast Wi-Fi network with superior home coverage
| ||Entertainment Machine |
Stream videos throughout your house in crystal-clear HD
| ||Sharing is Caring |
Share a USB printer or storage device with everyone on your home network
| ||The Power of Gigabit |
Connect to a Gigabit wired network for transferring files at lightning speeds
| || |
The Dual Band Advantage
Most routers operate on one band only, the 2.4GHz band. This is the same wireless band that devices like cordless phones and other household appliances use. While it works well for surfing the Internet and checking email, it can get overly congested, making it unsuitable for high-bandwidth applications like streaming video. The Xtreme N Dual Band Gigabit Router operates on both the commonly-used 2.4GHz band and the clearer 5GHz band, which is less-prone to interference from other devices. That means that you can check email and surf the Internet on one while streaming HD movies on the other so neither band gets overloaded!
- Wireless N connectivity for superior wireless performance, clarity, and coverage
- Dual-band Wireless N connectivity for enhanced throughput
- Intelligent QoS technology prioritizes both wired and wireless Internet traffic to enable enhanced gaming and phone calling (VoIP) experience
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) for secure, simple 1-button setup
- Capable of streaming audio and video to compatible UPnP-enabled devices
- Active Firewall protection
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports for ultra-fast wired connectivity
Connect this router to a cable or DSL modem and give high-speed Internet access to multiple computers, game consoles, and media players … without the mess of wires.
Sharing is Caring
So your brother has all the family photos on his computer and you're dying to edit the bad ones before he posts them on Facebook? No problem. This router creates a secure Wi-Fi network so your computers can share stuff like photos, music, videos, printers, and more.
Xtreme N: Lightning Fast
The Xtreme N Dual Band Gigabit Router is what is known as an 802.11n (Wireless N) device, which is a fancy way to say it's fast. Really fast. In fact, thanks to Xtreme N Technology, it delivers up to 14x faster speeds and 6x farther range* than 802.11g (Wireless G). Plus, it will still get along just fine with any Wireless G devices you may already have. Ah, convenience.
This router is equipped with Dual Band Technology that supports 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless signals at the same time. In English? You get to check e-mail and browse the Internet using the 2.4GHz band while streaming HD movies and other media on the 5GHz band. Neither band gets overloaded. This helps to avoid interference and lag, making it perfect for HD video streaming, file sharing, enhanced Internet phone calling (VoIP), and Web surfing.
While this may look like your average router, it's not. This is a D-Link Green router, which is as good for your wallet as it is for the environment. This router …
- Automatically powers down ports that have no link
- Budgets power output for different Ethernet cable lengths
- Includes wireless LAN scheduling, which can shut down your wireless network when not in use for further power savings
- Reduces energy consumption by using an Energy Star qualified power adapter
- Complies with the European Union's RoHS directive that restricts the use of certain hazardous materials
- Uses recyclable packaging to help reduce waste that goes into the environment
The Power of Gigabit
In addition to offering you blazing fast Wi-Fi speeds, the Xtreme N Dual Band Gigabit Router also includes four 10/100/1000 Gigabit ports so you can connect wired devices to your network. That's right, you can enjoy fast and reliable Wi-Fi and still use wired connections for lag-free network gaming and faster file transfers.
With D-Link's award-winning Intelligent QoS Technology, wired and wireless traffic is analyzed and separated so priority can be given to applications with sensitivity to delay. That means your VoIP, HD video, and online gaming can stream smoothly to your TV or PC. Goodbye, lag.
No Viruses Allowed
Worried about the security of your wireless network? Don't be. This router supports the latest security features (WPA, WPA2, SPI, and NAT) to help prevent unauthorized access from over your wireless network or from the Internet.
Easy Does It
Thanks to D-Link's Quick Router Setup wizard, getting your router up and running couldn't be easier. It walks you though every step of the installation process so you can get networking in no time.
| || |
Get Ready for the Future: IPV6 Equipped
With the growing number of Internet-enabled applications requiring IP addresses, the supply of IP addresses under the current Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) system has already been exhausted. The IPv6 protocol solves this network addressing exhaustion by creating more IP addresses, but migration from IPv4 to IPv6 is not necessarily automatic. No worries--this D-Link product is IPv6 Certified and ready for the future.
Get the Most out of Your Router
Use the Xtreme N Dual Band USB Adapter (DWA-160)
to add powerful dual band 11n Wi-Fi technology to your desktop or notebook computer. Simply plug the DWA-160 into an available USB port and connect to a wireless network to access a high-speed Internet connection. Enjoy greater wireless reception for transferring files, online gaming, and streaming media from greater distances around your home.
- Standards: IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u
- Interface Type: 4 Gigabit LAN Ports, 1 Gigabit WAN Port, 1 USB Port (for SharePort & Windows Connect Now)
- Antenna Type: 2 External Reverse SMA Dualband Antennas
- Security: WPA & WPA2 (Wi-Fi Protected Access), Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) - PIN & PBC
- Advanced Firewall Features: Network Address Translation (NAT), Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI), VPN Pass-through / Multi-sessions PPTP / L2TP / IPSec
- Device Management: Internet Explorer v6 or Later; Mozilla Firefox v1.5 or Later; or other Java-enabled Browsers
- Certifications: FCC Class B, IC, IPv6 Gold, Wi-Fi
- Dimensions: Item (WxDxH): 4.6" x 7.6" x 1.2", Packaging (WxDxH): 9.6" x 11.1" x 3.1"
- Weight: Item: 0.7 lbs, Packaging: 2.0 lbs
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited*
- Recommended System Requirements: For optimal wireless performance, use with the D-Link Xtreme N Dual Band USB Adapter (DWA-160)
- Minimum System Requirements: Computer with Windows Vista**, Windows XP SP2** or Mac OS X (v10.4)***; Internet Explorer v6 or Mozilla Firefox v1.5; CD-ROM Drive; Network Interface Card; and for Internet access a Cable or DSL Modem and Subscription with an Internet Service Provider (ISP)
What's In the Box
- Xtreme N Dual Band Gigabit Router
- 2 Detachable Antennas
- CAT5 Ethernet Cable
- Power Adapter
- CD-ROM**** with Installation Wizard and Product Documentation
* 1-Year Limited Warranty available only in the U.S.A and Canada.
** Computer must adhere to Microsoft's recommended System Requirements.
*** The software included with this product is not Mac-compatible.
**** Latest software and documentation are available online at www.dlink.com.