5.0 out of 5 stars Rock-Solid Router
I was using a Linksys wired router/switch for a few years. I was constantly losing VPN connection and having to re-connect. I put in VOIP (Vonage) phone and had to restart every 3 hours. I thought I had cable modem problems, network problems, config. problems on router. Finally, I ordered the D-Link EBR-2310 (because it was very inexpensive). I took it out of the box,...
Published on March 15, 2007 by Thomas L. Ford

1.0 out of 5 stars Only thing worse was the tech support
This router might make a good frisbee, but as a router it is an unspeakable piece of dog doo. Right out of the box, it intermittently dropped Internet connections for minutes at a time. Going through the installation process with the included CD, it informed me that I did "not have the correct router". Silly me. As for tech support, you would be hard-pressed to find...
Published on August 8, 2008 by Raymond F.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 520 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, January 9, 2007
This review is from: D-Link EBR-2310 Ethernet Broadband Router (Personal Computers)
I bought this for my son's XBox360 live, because it is one of the recommened wired routers to use with Xbox Live. It was easy to set up and have not had any problems so far.

2.0 out of 5 stars it works but won't let you configure it, July 18, 2008
I bought this when I set up my home network. The CD included told me that I didn't have an EBR-2310 when I tried to load it. hmmm That's what's printed on the router. Oh well.. I was on the internet anyway so who cared? I DID! When I tried to get into the router page I kept getting an error telling me that the page wouldn't load over and over. Since I use my computers for gaming, this router couldn't handle the traffic and port forwarding couldn't be accessed. Tech support was no help. They told me to buy a different router. Seriously! So, I will.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless piece of junk., November 18, 2010
I have no idea how Dlink can keep functioning as a company with a total piece of useless garbage such as this EBR-2310 wired router.
If you love frustration and constantly having to wait out slow and down periods of your internet time (which you already paid for), then go ahead and buy this crappy junk.
Keep your bill and box.

Frankly, I am ashamed of myself. I generally research a product to death before buying what meets my needs but this was a moment of weakness, I was swayed buy the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars selling bananas and making lawn furniture, January 30, 2009
When I ran the installation CD and it turned off my internet connection, I had to call customer support. The tech. I talked to was hard to understand, not because of any accent, but because of the noise around her. I think someone was selling bananas and banging on furniture and I was constantly having to ask her to repeat what she had just said. The tech. and I got the router running, but it was way more hassle than it should have been.

3.0 out of 5 stars Supports very limited number of sessions !, February 5, 2008
After buying the EBR-2310 I noticed that my internet connection would become sporadically unavailable. After some troubleshooting I discovered that I am reaching session limit when I visit websites that don't support HTTP Keep-Alives.

Basically, such websites require a separate connection to receive each element of webpages, including images and such. Each of the connections is stored in router's internal memory for few minutes and it doesn't take much to overrun the routers session table capacity.

Other than that it works fine, but I recommend you look at a different router if you're an active Internet user.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little Router, April 17, 2010
Shauna "Shauna" (Frederick, Maryland) - See all my reviews
This was easy to set up. Took me the time required to plug in the cable and the electric cord. I ran the wizard on each computer but I don't think it was even required. This router cleared up problems I experienced for years with internet connection always being dropped. I had been blaming this on my provider. Since installing the DLink, connection has not dropped one time. Good price too.

1.0 out of 5 stars No documentation for Apple installation, January 27, 2008
No documentation included for Apple installation - after sitting on the phone with various tech support reps for many, many minutes, finally determined my product was not functioning at all - a hard failure and I was forced to return it to Amazon for a full refund. Several times, I got disconnected from their technical support and was always forced to start over with a Level I person. Not good and a waste of my time. And this surprises me as the previous D-Link router I had had performed flawlessly for several years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sale!, July 14, 2012
The router got here faster than promised (always a good thing) ans was exactly as described. A great vendoe that I'd use again in the future.

Thank You!

1.0 out of 5 stars Chokes, March 19, 2012
This router chokes up and refuses to pass packets, sometimes for minutes at a time, sometimes forever. There are numerous threads on DLink's support forum about this problem, some as old as two years. Either Dlink can't fix it, or they won't. The amazing thing is that they are still selling it. Makes me kinda lose faith in DLink that they have seen fit to act like this. Not really worth my time to send it back, but I'll keep it on my desk as a reminder of who NOT to buy from.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy, December 14, 2011
I purchased this router a few years back to replace an older router. I have never been able to get a solid connection through this device. I have updated firmware and hit the forums. There does not seem to be a solution. In order to get consistant internet I need to be plugged directly into the modem. If my wife and I are online at the same time we will both get booted immediately. D-link may make good products...in the high end range, but someone needs to give their tech support folks a kick in the rear.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 520 | Next ›