5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfied
A customer of mine has a D-Link DIR-655 wireless router and was (understandably) getting very weak wireless reception in a detached garage on his property. The distance from the DIR-655 in the house to the detached garage is about 75 to 100 feet. Fortunately, the DIR-655 is at the extreme end of the house nearest the detached garage.

I installed this DAP-1320...
Published 18 months ago by MossyRock

1.0 out of 5 stars This device is useless if you need continuous signal (movies, web, music etc.) - I would not buy it again
Short version - each wireless device keeps disconnecting & reconnecting to this device making it useless for anything needing continuous wireless connection.

I purchased this device about a month and a half ago, and after a while noticed that it keeps disconnecting:
* the device has its own SSID so its not caused by device confusion
* it also happens...
Published 8 months ago by Elery

‹ Previous | 123 24 2562 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, February 11, 2014
This review is from: D-Link Wireless N 300 Mbps Compact Wi-Fi Range Extender (DAP-1320) (Personal Computers)
I got this range extender to cover the back portion of the second floor in my house, that does not get good signal from my wireless unit located in the front room in the first floor of my condo.

Previous experience with other router configured as repeater gave me spotty results at best (a high voltage line runs very near to the back garden).

Once configured, I repositioned the adapter and finally I can use my laptop in my bedroom. I like the feature that allows the use of the same Wi-Fi network name in the range

5.0 out of 5 stars exelen...!!!, February 10, 2014
this is one of the few products which your utiladad is 100%, imagine you are in a place in your home or work of the office where your wifi signal arrives at the last hairline or disconnected, this product is good and the ideal Best of all is that you do not nesecitas Cable signal doubles or extends to a more just connect it to a power outlet and want to your device the signal and follow the steps and that's it for the installation very easy and practical. . 100% recomedable ..

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, February 8, 2014
Metals Geek (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
I bought the DAP-1320 as an experiment to find the least expensive & simplest range extender that would enable use of my WiFi tablet in a separate building from the WPA2-PSK base router. A marginal connection to the router was fixed by placing the 1320 in a window so that it only had 1 stucco wall in the line of sight. Setup via WiFi from my tablet was simple & straightforward. I now have use of my tablet throughout the 2nd building, at a range of perhaps 50 feet through 2 interior plaster walls. I'm pleasantly surprised at the performance of the DAP-1320 despite its lack of external antennas, and I couldn't be happier with the unit.

4.0 out of 5 stars good product as advertised, February 8, 2014
Mark Afuso (Mililani, Hawaii) - See all my reviews
works as advertised, fast speed slightly complicated to setup but once setup it works flawlessly just as fast if not faster than connecting to my wap directly

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked for about a week, then stopped functioning, February 7, 2014
I'm not sure what happened; it could have been an isolated glitch. The D-Link Wi-Fi Range Extender worked passably for about a week, but then suddenly and inexplicably stopped working. Any attempts to reset or reconfigure the router were ineffective. At one point in attempting to sort out the issue we noticed that the Wi-Fi signal was actually stronger WITHOUT the extender activated.

We returned the item and received a prompt refund, which was greatly appreciated. Two stars for the item itself, but an extra star for the company's response to the issue. Again, this may have been an isolated incident, but it's nice to know that the company stands by its products and is willing to refund to customers without fuss.

4.0 out of 5 stars It help me fix a problem, February 7, 2014
I was having problem trying to get my Wi Fi to work along with my Wii. Was told to order this this and in no time it was fix

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy Set-up, range just okay, February 6, 2014
I'm glad I wasn't scared off by reviewers who had trouble setting the DAP-1320 up. For me, the WPS button worked perfectly, and set-up was done in 2 minutes. I'm using this to get better wi-fi upstairs in my house. The upstairs is about 1500 square feet, and this covers most, but not all, of the area. Given the low price and ease of installation, it was well worth it for me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Works when it wants to, February 5, 2014
When i first bought this, it worked out really great just by playing team fortress 2 i was getting 10 ping or below it was great! THEN a week later it disconnects itself, i unplug and plug back in and BAM works again for about 5 minutes before disconnecting. My ping slowly gets higher and higher everyday i use this, i went from 10 to now 150 ping. This is a terrible device. BUT when it works, it's good. But i can't tell you how many times i'm the middle of something awesome then it disconnects itself and i cant reconnect for 30 minutes. I shouldn't have to unplug and replug every 10 minutes!!! I thought this device could stop my terrible internet connection but with this it proves that i just need to get a new internet provider... Bottom line is if you want this gaming you are making a huge mistake believe me I read other reviews that said how bad this is and i didn't pay attention. I can't wait until i can burn this piece of junk if you seriously want to improve connection just ask your provider to move your router or just get a new provider. Oh and one more thing, it took 30 minutes to submit this review because it keeps disconnecting itself

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, February 5, 2014
This product is the best internet repeater I've ever bought. It is small, no need extra cables, it is secure, easy to setup, just plug and start surfing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Short term fix, February 4, 2014
Works fine for two months.
After that - you need to buy another one.
Not exactly a cost effective piece of equipment

‹ Previous | 123 24 2562 | Next ›