5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfied
A customer of mine has a D-Link DIR-655 wireless router and was (understandably) getting very weak wireless reception in a detached garage on his property. The distance from the DIR-655 in the house to the detached garage is about 75 to 100 feet. Fortunately, the DIR-655 is at the extreme end of the house nearest the detached garage.

I installed this DAP-1320...
Published 24 months ago by MossyRock

1.0 out of 5 stars This device is useless if you need continuous signal (movies, web, music etc.) - I would not buy it again
Short version - each wireless device keeps disconnecting & reconnecting to this device making it useless for anything needing continuous wireless connection.

I purchased this device about a month and a half ago, and after a while noticed that it keeps disconnecting:
* the device has its own SSID so its not caused by device confusion
* it also happens...
Published 14 months ago by Elery

‹ Previous | 123 24 2573 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It solved my problem, January 22, 2014
This review is from: D-Link Wireless N 300 Mbps Compact Wi-Fi Range Extender (DAP-1320) (Personal Computers)
My bedroom is in the addition on the house, and the modem is in the main part of the house. The wireless signal couldn't get through the brick wall between my room and the main house. I got the D-Link to strengthen the signal, and it really works. I'm using it right now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, January 22, 2014
What a great device. Easy to set up and really extends the play of all wifi gadgets thru out the house. A cool tool!!

1.0 out of 5 stars The day after, January 21, 2014
M. Mann (Eugene, Oregon) - See all my reviews
The day after I received this item, some reports came out that this unit is vulnerable to hacking. Boo Hiss

2.0 out of 5 stars nope, January 21, 2014
RDS (Tampa, FL United States) - See all my reviews
DIdn't work for us. I plugged in and it would work great, for about 10-30 minutes, extending wifi all over our yard. Then, for no reason, it would stop working and the signal would be gone. Unplug, replug, and it worked again - for 30 minutes. Then it stopped. Returned it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very low power; most devices cannot connect to it., January 19, 2014
This is placed about half way in between my office and my wifi modem, and I get a better signal from my wifi modem. Further, even when standing next to this device and getting a full signal, my iPhone and iPad will not connect to it. My laptop and Xbox have no problem connecting (other than the aforementioned signal weakness), so it doesn't make much sense that Apple products won't connect to it, other than perhaps there are programming errors within it. At any rate, I would advise anyone looking for one of these to keep shopping and try to find one that is both more powerful than your wifi modem and designed such that any wireless product will connect to it. I use Time Warner cable internet in Dallas, TX if anyone has a suggestion for a wifi modem other than the one they provide - or an extender that is more powerful than this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars stopped working in 3 months, January 18, 2014
after 3 months of purchase stopped working
i just see orange light on it and i am unable to connect to it

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad., January 18, 2014
Brad Pendley (Clarksville, TN) - See all my reviews
Could be better if it were 5Ghz. However the WPS feature works well with the dlink router that I use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, January 16, 2014
My son got a Wii U for Christmas last year, and he likes to play with his friends on it. but sadly our WiFi wasn't too strong in his bedroom. so he was never able to connect to the internet. my husband did some research and came across this little device. for 30bucks he thought. why not?? when it arrived we read the instructions, and we decided to manually set up the device once we did that, took about an hour ( due to the fact that myself and my husband aren't too bright when it comes to electronics) once we got it set up our son's Wii U had a strong connection, along with his xbox that only used to have 1-2bars now has full. i took my laptop in his bed room just to double check and behold my laptop had full bars, i would defiantly recommend this device.

Ps. my house is from the 1930s which is solid brick/cinder block for wall with plaster to cover. my son's room is 5walls away from our router and we can defiantly see an improvement in the signal strenght

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, January 11, 2014
I was expecting it will help to extend the range of the wifi to my bedroom. After I plug it to my wall and it never blink on the green light. always flash on the orange light. Not working at all. I still have to pay the return shipping.

1.0 out of 5 stars AFTER 4 PLUS HOURS ON THE PHONE WITH D-LINK THEY COULD NOT CONNECT DEVICE TO MY NETWORK USING A DAP-1320 AND D-LINK 655 ROUTER, January 9, 2014
1/09/14 After 3 hours on the phone D-Link felt I have a defective device. Amazon cared and shipped another device to me to see if they are correct. I must point out my router was also D-link 655 so no compatibility issues are in question.

I will update this review after the next device is hopefully installed.

UPDATE 1/10/14 Received my new replacement device today. After another hour with D-Link they could not connect to my D link 655 Router. BUYER BEWARE OF THIS INFERIOR PRODUCT!!!!!!!!

‹ Previous | 123 24 2573 | Next ›