5.0 out of 5 stars This adapter is fast and has long range. Great performance!
Published on November 29, 2010 by BAH

3.0 out of 5 stars No Longer Works with WD Live TV
Published on May 19, 2010 by Phil Meek

5.0 out of 5 stars This adapter is fast and has long range. Great performance!, November 29, 2010
BAH (Long Island, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: D-Link Wireless N-150 Mbps USB Wi-Fi Network Adapter (DWA-125) (Personal Computers)
First, I will say that it is very easy to install. Insert disc and follow the simple directions. Let me say that my Verizon router is downstairs on one side of the house and my d-link adapter is on my desktop (w/vista) upstairs on the other side of house so there are interfering walls and a floor. During the installation, it showed a 61% signal strength (3 out of 4 bars on d-link connection manager) which I thought it would cause a slowdown problem. Nope! Not at all. It is no problem at all as my computer feels as if it was connected with a wire. Web pages come on very quickly and I stream videos/movies with no buffer. It stays around 50-60% signal strength (3 out of 4 bars) and that is good enough for me. Wow! I am very pleased with this adapter's performance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use; like the dock, August 6, 2010
I've had my Dlink USB N adapter for about 1.5 years with two different desktops located respectively about 40 feet and 60 feet from my Dlink N wireless router. I've compared the signal strength on my desktops with Wi-Fi cards in several laptops, and this external USB adapter has the same connectivity. Initially I plugged the adapter directly into the USB port, but it seems to heavy and large (it can cover access to a neighboring USB port, and after accidentally knocking it roughly out twice, I decided to use the dock. Good move! Not only is it safe and frees up access to the neighboring USB port, but I can place the dock about 2 feet higher than the tower on the floor and get slight better network/Internet connection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for the price!, May 16, 2010
Hardware is easy to install. It is much simpler than opening the CPU to install a wireless card. Network setup is very easy (I have a mixed network of Vista, Windows XP and Windows 7, and a D-Link N router).

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap & perfect, April 10, 2010
I bought this for a WD TV Live Media Player wireless connctn and it started to stream right away after entering the router's security keys; I didn't have to do anything else.
Turned the player on; when I saw it was ready I plugged the stick in and the rest you have to go by the WD plyr instructions.
Thanks D-Link & Amazon for such a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well with Windows 7/802.11g, April 11, 2010
Parker (Seattle, USA) - See all my reviews
I connected it and Windows 7 installed the drivers automatically. I'm using a Linksys 802.11g router. I have had it for about three weeks and haven't had a problem, nor do I expect to have one.

3.0 out of 5 stars No Longer Works with WD Live TV, May 19, 2010
I know I should have read more carefully, but the version that is shipping from Amazon right now does NOT work with the WD Live TV device. The version listed on WD's site says it has to be the 1.0 firmware, but Amazon is currently shipping the 1.30 firmware. I'm sure that makes it a cheaper / more stable solution for computers, but it means that it doesn't work at all for the WD device. I tried it in my computer, and it works like a charm. But when connected to the WD device, I get no lights on the adapter or UI options within the WD interface to allow me to use wireless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ver A2 FW 1.3 works with WD TV Live Plus, October 22, 2010
Ordered this before realizing it was not the Version A1 FW 1.00 listed on the WD site as being compatible with the WD TV Live Plus Media Player. The one Amazon ships out is Ver A2 FW 1.3. Regardless, I received it today and tried it out anyway -- plugged it in straight out of the box without having previously updated my WD TV's firmware and it worked perfectly! Don't know if it will work the same way with the non-Plus version, but I'm glad it worked out for me despite my carelessness in reading version numbers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Arrived quickly and worked out of the box, December 5, 2010
Great value purchase. The item arrived quickly and worked right out of the box (Windows 7 x64). Installation time took less than 5 minutes. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that the CD case was teared, but no big deal really as it works flawlessly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent 150mbps Dongle, December 16, 2010
At first I was a bit hesitant to purchase this product when I read the review here that the DWA-125 has trouble working under XP, as all my other computers/laptops running Vista or Win 7 all have built-in 802.11n capabilities already. The sole reason for this dongle is to use it with an old laptop running Windows XP SP2, that I have kept as my "XP" computer (I have some old software I still occasionally use that's not ported to the Vista or Win 7); but I decided to give it try anyway, and I am glad I did.

The installation process was very smooth on my XP SP2 laptop, and it works flawlessly with the SMC wireless n AP (an SMCWBR14S-N4, also purchased from Amazon). When set to n-only mode, by running speed tests on dslreports site, it shows the DWA-125/SMC combo is actually faster than my wired Fast Ethernet (100mbps) connections (as it should be). It runs at 135mbps when it's on the other side of the wall from the router/access point, and fluctuates between 108mbps and 135mbps when it's situated two rooms over and one floor down from the router/access point. Despite the fact the DWA-125 only supports up to 150mbps, it's not going to be the bottleneck on my home network since it's already faster (test results proves that) than my wired Ethernet connections.

For the price I paid ([...]w/ free shipping) and the fact it comes with the USB extension cable/stand, this is an excellent buy!

A side note: the USB extension cable/stand may not be that useful for laptop applications, but if you are shopping for a wireless n dongle for your desktop or a media player that sits in a cabinet/shelf full of other A/V components, the extension cable/stand may come in handy. The cases of desktop computers, and that of many home audio/video equipment such as an AVR or DVD/Blu-Ray player, are made of sheet metal to absorb and prevent interference from electromagnetic signals. So if you have the dongle in one of the USB ports in the back of your desktop computer, or if the dongle is sitting beneath a piece of video/audio equipment, the reception is going to be poor, simply because the sheet metal "blocks" most of the RF signals. With the extension cable/stand, you can place the dongle where its reception/transmission is not blocked by the computer or A/V equipment.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy for those looking into a Wireless N Adapter, December 16, 2010
I have always trusted D-Link products and this Wireless N USB adapter has exceeded my expectations. I have 2 computers, one being an Apple IMAC 3.06 duo core (which I recently sold) and an old ACER desktop with a PCI wireless network card. BOTH of my computers had problems connecting to my D-link G Rangebooster router. I thought out of two computers in the same location, it might not be my computers but perhaps my router. Before spending $80 or more on a new wireless router, I decided to invest $25 to the D-link DWA-125 USB Adapter and to my surprise it has worked flawlessly. No more going back and forth resetting my router and modem. This thing connects every time. HIGHLY recommended and a MUST BUY in my opinion.