5.0 out of 5 stars This adapter is fast and has long range. Great performance!
Published on November 29, 2010 by BAH

3.0 out of 5 stars No Longer Works with WD Live TV
Published on May 19, 2010 by Phil Meek

5.0 out of 5 stars This adapter is fast and has long range. Great performance!, November 29, 2010
BAH (Long Island, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: D-Link Wireless N-150 Mbps USB Wi-Fi Network Adapter (DWA-125) (Personal Computers)
First, I will say that it is very easy to install. Insert disc and follow the simple directions. Let me say that my Verizon router is downstairs on one side of the house and my d-link adapter is on my desktop (w/vista) upstairs on the other side of house so there are interfering walls and a floor. During the installation, it showed a 61% signal strength (3 out of 4 bars on d-link connection manager) which I thought it would cause a slowdown problem. Nope! Not at all. It is no problem at all as my computer feels as if it was connected with a wire. Web pages come on very quickly and I stream videos/movies with no buffer. It stays around 50-60% signal strength (3 out of 4 bars) and that is good enough for me. Wow! I am very pleased with this adapter's performance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use; like the dock, August 6, 2010
I've had my Dlink USB N adapter for about 1.5 years with two different desktops located respectively about 40 feet and 60 feet from my Dlink N wireless router. I've compared the signal strength on my desktops with Wi-Fi cards in several laptops, and this external USB adapter has the same connectivity. Initially I plugged the adapter directly into the USB port, but it seems to heavy and large (it can cover access to a neighboring USB port, and after accidentally knocking it roughly out twice, I decided to use the dock. Good move! Not only is it safe and frees up access to the neighboring USB port, but I can place the dock about 2 feet higher than the tower on the floor and get slight better network/Internet connection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for the price!, May 16, 2010
Hardware is easy to install. It is much simpler than opening the CPU to install a wireless card. Network setup is very easy (I have a mixed network of Vista, Windows XP and Windows 7, and a D-Link N router).

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap & perfect, April 10, 2010
I bought this for a WD TV Live Media Player wireless connctn and it started to stream right away after entering the router's security keys; I didn't have to do anything else.
Turned the player on; when I saw it was ready I plugged the stick in and the rest you have to go by the WD plyr instructions.
Thanks D-Link & Amazon for such a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well with Windows 7/802.11g, April 11, 2010
Parker (Seattle, USA) - See all my reviews
I connected it and Windows 7 installed the drivers automatically. I'm using a Linksys 802.11g router. I have had it for about three weeks and haven't had a problem, nor do I expect to have one.

3.0 out of 5 stars No Longer Works with WD Live TV, May 19, 2010
I know I should have read more carefully, but the version that is shipping from Amazon right now does NOT work with the WD Live TV device. The version listed on WD's site says it has to be the 1.0 firmware, but Amazon is currently shipping the 1.30 firmware. I'm sure that makes it a cheaper / more stable solution for computers, but it means that it doesn't work at all for the WD device. I tried it in my computer, and it works like a charm. But when connected to the WD device, I get no lights on the adapter or UI options within the WD interface to allow me to use wireless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ver A2 FW 1.3 works with WD TV Live Plus, October 22, 2010
Ordered this before realizing it was not the Version A1 FW 1.00 listed on the WD site as being compatible with the WD TV Live Plus Media Player. The one Amazon ships out is Ver A2 FW 1.3. Regardless, I received it today and tried it out anyway -- plugged it in straight out of the box without having previously updated my WD TV's firmware and it worked perfectly! Don't know if it will work the same way with the non-Plus version, but I'm glad it worked out for me despite my carelessness in reading version numbers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Arrived quickly and worked out of the box, December 5, 2010
Great value purchase. The item arrived quickly and worked right out of the box (Windows 7 x64). Installation time took less than 5 minutes. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that the CD case was teared, but no big deal really as it works flawlessly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not currently working with 64 bit Windows., March 9, 2011
M. J. Civello (Gurnee, IL United States) - See all my reviews
After troubleshooting I found that there are plenty of posts in their forum from people with the same issue. Their drivers for Win7 don't play nice with 64 bit at present. You install and it will show no networks to connect to. You reboot and it will lock up during shutdown. When it comes back, it won't be running. So you start it manually and it shows the networks... yay! You can now connect. But within an hour it will drop the networks again and you're back to square one.

Forum postings show no solution. Some had issues with antivirus or firewall software (I have neither) but none are really solved. I'm sure in time they'll find a reliable driver patch that installs and works, but I see no evidence that it's even on their radar. So if you're 64 bit (Win7 or 2008 server) move along to another product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, October 28, 2010
With an older computer that I have pieced together from spare parts, this adapter works really well. The installation was very simple, load the driver and follow the instructions. The internet runs really well with a linksys router and a cable modem. The range is good and the signal strength is great. This isn't the item to watch videos online, but a great addition for an older xp system that is used everyday. For the record, I bought a re manufactured one and it has served me well thus far after a easy price of 13.00.

Rate and Discover Movies