4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of features
Published on June 5, 2012 by Avid Reader

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware
Published 20 months ago by miller

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of features, June 5, 2012
This review is from: D3098S DECT 6.0 Expandable Corded/Cordless Phone withCaller ID and Answering System, Silver, Handset and Base (Office Product)
We have the previous model of this phone and liked it so much I bought this model for my parents. We like the caller id announce which tries very hard to pronounce the names that come through on the caller id. The large display on both the main base and the handset are easy read as well. The answer system is very clear. Our older phone was very difficult to understand messages people left. We like the big button and the large flashing lights to alert us of a missed call or waiting message. This newer model allows you to block certain numbers. Great for those pesky robo calls.
The only negative is we can't seem to find any handsets to expand with this newer model unit. Although they are listed on the uniden website, they have been out of stock for weeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read, hear, and operate, August 9, 2012
Old age has reduced my vision and hearing. This is a great product for me. Buttons are huge, and back-lit - no more bad dialing. The display is large with decent contrast although I may prefer the orange back-light. Love the caller ID announce so I do not have to run (actually it is more a hobble) to the phone for unimportant or solicitation calls. The manual is comprehensive but I went directly to trying out the menus. Intuitive, easy to figure out and use. No problem, but I have not tried everything yet. I have no problem understanding anyone, even though the voice is not quite natural. Easy to employ sound boost when needed. I also like the fact the land-line works when power is out. Overall this is the best phone I have had (that is covers a long time). Hooray Hooray for Uniden. I have found Uniden and Panasonic the best of my recent phones. This is the best of them all. I will add to this review after extended use to note any improvements I would like. So far none.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware, February 13, 2013
Like a previous reviewer, the phone was fine until 4 months after I purchased it. Now only the speaker phone option works, no TALK or head phones options. Dealing with Uniden C.S. was a nightmare both on line and on the phone. After 6 hours yesterday, I finally got a C.S. rep who told me that she was sick of hearing frustrated complaints and that poor customer service is now the way of the world and to deal with it. I finally got an order for a new phone, as the previous one couldn't be repaired, and was told that I needed to pay 10.00 shipping, so now the phone cost has gone from 50.00 to 60.00. It will take several weeks, as they can't process the order until they receive my Fax. I told her that I will never buy another Uniden product, and she said "I don't want to hear it!" No apologies; only rudeness . It was as surreal as a Monty Python skit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, June 19, 2012
Ordered this phone/answering machine and an extra handset for my mother-in-law who is hard of hearing. Phone was perfect for her and setup was a cinch. Buttons are large and light up when there is a call. Large red light up indicator when there is a message waiting for you and to delete them is as simple as pushing delete button twice - no big deal! Love this phone (not cheap though - extra handsets are as much as the original phone/answering machine). She absolutely did not want her ancient phone replaced unless I could find another white phone to replace it with and this set comes in both white and silver, so she was extremely happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great amplified loudness, June 20, 2012
I work from home and needed to get better/louder audio from the phone.

I've been using a Panasonic wireless handset with a headset that plugs into the earphone hole.

After research, I decided to get this Uniden and a Plantronics S12 headset.
The plantronics headset required a corded phone.

Tried out the S12 headset with this phone and the sound was terrible!

Without the S12 headset, the sound was very loud and exactly what I wanted.

I returned the S12 headset back to Amazon, and am very happy using cheapo panasonic headset that plugs into the earphone socket on my new Uniden handset.

Also needed to find a second wireless handset (DCX309), but the uniden website has it for an outrageous price, and amazon doesn't ship in 1-2 months. So I bought another complete system just to get a second handset.

Had difficulties registering the handset from the new base to the existing base.
Found out I had to de-register it first.
The instruction manual said to hold FLASH and # sign for 5 seconds to access the handset deregister menu, but that was WRONG!!

To access the deregister menu, you need to hold the END and # sign for 5 seconds.
After I deregistered the handset, I was able to register it to the first base unit fine.

I like the loud amplified audio very much on this phone.
Also the handset battery supports up to 10 hours talk time.

Overall very pleased with the unit!

5.0 out of 5 stars D3098S DECT 6.0 Corded/Cordless phone, July 31, 2012
This phone was exactly what I was looking for, a desk phone with answering system, caller ID and a cordless handset. The phone was very easy to set up and begin using right away. Both the desk phone and the cordless handset allow people with normal hearing, a slight hearing loss, a large hearing loss and those with hearing aids to use the phone with a few easy minor adjustments.

Another advantage with the cordless handset is that it is slightly larger than a typical cordless handset. This feature has several additional benefits. The buttons are larger (this is true for the desk phone also) and therefore easier to use for people with some arthritis. The larger buttons also helps you see numbers much better. Additionally the buttons are back lit. This also helps you see and use the buttons better.

The desk phone has a light up feature when there is an incoming phone call. This as an added benefit for individuals with a hearing impairment.

I'm extremely happy with my purchase

4.0 out of 5 stars nice phone for my elderly mother-in-law, September 6, 2012
I wanted a new phone for my mother-in-law who is very arthritic and nearly deaf. I was happy that this phone offered a higher decibel volume and it does seem very clear. I also liked that you can select for the answering machine base to announce the caller and that it flashes as well. The buttons are big and well spaced for her arthritic fingers to peck out numbers when she needs too. I would have liked a button for the contact list, instead of having to go through the menu feature. Which will be a learning curve and means a couple extra steps (minus one star). The white or black option is nice, too. I thought the white looked easier to read. Would also be nice if they would bundle the extra phone (maybe even two) with the answering base and phone. I choose this Uniden Loud and Clear system (the answering machine/phone and extra phone) over the Clarity because radio shack said Clarity phones would not link together as a unified voicemail system, except through the digital voice mail you set up with your phone provider (not on the answering machine base of the physical phone). My mother-in-law, as many senior citzens are these days, is not tech savvy and teaching her how to get through the voice mail system on her land line account is not a job I want to tackle, so I searched for another big button/extra decibel cordless phone with an ID caller/answering system that was expandable to two or more phones. The reviews for this Uniden model were very favorable, so I leaped. I will update when my mother-in-law has had time to assimilate and discover what downfalls, if any, are inherent with this system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Home Phone Ever, September 17, 2012
This phone is just incredible. I've had it for about two months, so far. It lights up like a christmas tree when it rings. It has a voice telling you the caller ID name when it rings, and the ringer itself is nice and loud. The battery on the handset is good for about 10 hours when new and fully charged. Reception using the handset is loud and clear, and has an audio boost button that is almost like a minor speakerphone. It does have a speakerphone on both base and handset, but I haven't used it yet as of this time. Love the caller ID, phonebook, and call blocking. Haven't had to use the answer machine, because I have it set up through my cable service. I don't have a hearing problem, but I would imagine this would be a great phone for the hearing impaired. There is an error in the ad, in that it only comes with one handset, but I figured that out on my own before I bought it. Easily one of the best value purchases of my life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best phone for the price, June 23, 2012
I really wanted a reasonably-priced DEC6 phone that lets you plug an earpiece into the cordless handset & has a base speaker. There aren't many. The sound is great, even satisfying my sister who hates any cordless phone (she worked for a big phone co. Customer Svc. for 15 years.) This one fits the bill. The fact that it doesn't have speed dial is a bit of a pain; you have to go into the Menu & the Contacts to dial anything that's stored.

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE! Maybe it's a good phone mostly. But my experience suggests Uniden is a shabby company., March 4, 2014
So my experience suggests that, if something does go wrong with a Uniden product, you're on your own.

I'm a top 10,000 amazon reviewer with over 100 reviews, and a 98% helpful rating. I don't recall ever giving an amazon-purchased product less than 3 stars. That's not to say that all products were perfect, or that I didn't mention problems. They aren't, and I do, even with 5 star ratings. But generally, I'm a really satisfied customer.

After roughly 4 mos, the portable phone refused to recharge. That's OK. Sometimes things go awry. So I tried to contact Uniden's customer service to explain the problem and get their suggestions.

I read another negative reviewer who said they waited 6 hours on the phone. The customer service number didn't even give me that option. It merely said, "We're experiencing higher than normal volume. Go to our website." I tried later, and got the same response, and I tried again even later, and got the same response.. (I was trying, starting in the early afternoon on a Tuesday, this not after a holiday Monday.)

You know, that's really not acceptable. I've called lots of customer service lines, being over 60 years old, and I've never had that response. I may have had to wait a good long time, but I did get someone, and generally they were pretty helpful. Often amazingly so.

This negative review isn't necessarily for the product. It may or may not be a bad phone. Some reviews suggest that, in general, it's not a bad phone. And manufactured products do have their problems irregularly. That's why there are customer service lines. And while sometimes those lines are overwhelmed, and there's a long wait, still you can get help eventually, and that help tries. Maybe this has been my experience because I tend to buy via amazon, and I read the reviews.

I have submitted my question via their website. We'll see what happens. Should I get good service there, I'll revise this review. Failing a revision, you can believe that my online question went into a black-hole or that I received an unhelpful answer.

Uniden, I challenge you to respond. Please contact me and let me know that you're not a shabby company. I would like to be wrong. If I am, I am more than happy to change this review.

Until then, I won't be buying any more Uniden products. And I would suggest that you, gentle amazon purchaser, might want to think carefully before you do.