Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 5, 2012
We have the previous model of this phone and liked it so much I bought this model for my parents. We like the caller id announce which tries very hard to pronounce the names that come through on the caller id. The large display on both the main base and the handset are easy read as well. The answer system is very clear. Our older phone was very difficult to understand messages people left. We like the big button and the large flashing lights to alert us of a missed call or waiting message. This newer model allows you to block certain numbers. Great for those pesky robo calls.
The only negative is we can't seem to find any handsets to expand with this newer model unit. Although they are listed on the uniden website, they have been out of stock for weeks.
2525 comments| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2012
Old age has reduced my vision and hearing. This is a great product for me. Buttons are huge, and back-lit - no more bad dialing. The display is large with decent contrast although I may prefer the orange back-light. Love the caller ID announce so I do not have to run (actually it is more a hobble) to the phone for unimportant or solicitation calls. The manual is comprehensive but I went directly to trying out the menus. Intuitive, easy to figure out and use. No problem, but I have not tried everything yet. I have no problem understanding anyone, even though the voice is not quite natural. Easy to employ sound boost when needed. I also like the fact the land-line works when power is out. Overall this is the best phone I have had (that is covers a long time). Hooray Hooray for Uniden. I have found Uniden and Panasonic the best of my recent phones. This is the best of them all. I will add to this review after extended use to note any improvements I would like. So far none.
on February 13, 2013
Like a previous reviewer, the phone was fine until 4 months after I purchased it. Now only the speaker phone option works, no TALK or head phones options. Dealing with Uniden C.S. was a nightmare both on line and on the phone. After 6 hours yesterday, I finally got a C.S. rep who told me that she was sick of hearing frustrated complaints and that poor customer service is now the way of the world and to deal with it. I finally got an order for a new phone, as the previous one couldn't be repaired, and was told that I needed to pay 10.00 shipping, so now the phone cost has gone from 50.00 to 60.00. It will take several weeks, as they can't process the order until they receive my Fax. I told her that I will never buy another Uniden product, and she said "I don't want to hear it!" No apologies; only rudeness . It was as surreal as a Monty Python skit.
88 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 19, 2012
Ordered this phone/answering machine and an extra handset for my mother-in-law who is hard of hearing. Phone was perfect for her and setup was a cinch. Buttons are large and light up when there is a call. Large red light up indicator when there is a message waiting for you and to delete them is as simple as pushing delete button twice - no big deal! Love this phone (not cheap though - extra handsets are as much as the original phone/answering machine). She absolutely did not want her ancient phone replaced unless I could find another white phone to replace it with and this set comes in both white and silver, so she was extremely happy!
on July 31, 2012
This phone was exactly what I was looking for, a desk phone with answering system, caller ID and a cordless handset. The phone was very easy to set up and begin using right away. Both the desk phone and the cordless handset allow people with normal hearing, a slight hearing loss, a large hearing loss and those with hearing aids to use the phone with a few easy minor adjustments.

Another advantage with the cordless handset is that it is slightly larger than a typical cordless handset. This feature has several additional benefits. The buttons are larger (this is true for the desk phone also) and therefore easier to use for people with some arthritis. The larger buttons also helps you see numbers much better. Additionally the buttons are back lit. This also helps you see and use the buttons better.

The desk phone has a light up feature when there is an incoming phone call. This as an added benefit for individuals with a hearing impairment.

I'm extremely happy with my purchase
on June 20, 2012
I work from home and needed to get better/louder audio from the phone.

I've been using a Panasonic wireless handset with a headset that plugs into the earphone hole.

After research, I decided to get this Uniden and a Plantronics S12 headset.
The plantronics headset required a corded phone.

Tried out the S12 headset with this phone and the sound was terrible!

Without the S12 headset, the sound was very loud and exactly what I wanted.

I returned the S12 headset back to Amazon, and am very happy using cheapo panasonic headset that plugs into the earphone socket on my new Uniden handset.

Also needed to find a second wireless handset (DCX309), but the uniden website has it for an outrageous price, and amazon doesn't ship in 1-2 months. So I bought another complete system just to get a second handset.

Had difficulties registering the handset from the new base to the existing base.
Found out I had to de-register it first.
The instruction manual said to hold FLASH and # sign for 5 seconds to access the handset deregister menu, but that was WRONG!!

To access the deregister menu, you need to hold the END and # sign for 5 seconds.
After I deregistered the handset, I was able to register it to the first base unit fine.

I like the loud amplified audio very much on this phone.
Also the handset battery supports up to 10 hours talk time.

Overall very pleased with the unit!
on September 6, 2012
I wanted a new phone for my mother-in-law who is very arthritic and nearly deaf. I was happy that this phone offered a higher decibel volume and it does seem very clear. I also liked that you can select for the answering machine base to announce the caller and that it flashes as well. The buttons are big and well spaced for her arthritic fingers to peck out numbers when she needs too. I would have liked a button for the contact list, instead of having to go through the menu feature. Which will be a learning curve and means a couple extra steps (minus one star). The white or black option is nice, too. I thought the white looked easier to read. Would also be nice if they would bundle the extra phone (maybe even two) with the answering base and phone. I choose this Uniden Loud and Clear system (the answering machine/phone and extra phone) over the Clarity because radio shack said Clarity phones would not link together as a unified voicemail system, except through the digital voice mail you set up with your phone provider (not on the answering machine base of the physical phone). My mother-in-law, as many senior citzens are these days, is not tech savvy and teaching her how to get through the voice mail system on her land line account is not a job I want to tackle, so I searched for another big button/extra decibel cordless phone with an ID caller/answering system that was expandable to two or more phones. The reviews for this Uniden model were very favorable, so I leaped. I will update when my mother-in-law has had time to assimilate and discover what downfalls, if any, are inherent with this system.
on September 17, 2012
This phone is just incredible. I've had it for about two months, so far. It lights up like a christmas tree when it rings. It has a voice telling you the caller ID name when it rings, and the ringer itself is nice and loud. The battery on the handset is good for about 10 hours when new and fully charged. Reception using the handset is loud and clear, and has an audio boost button that is almost like a minor speakerphone. It does have a speakerphone on both base and handset, but I haven't used it yet as of this time. Love the caller ID, phonebook, and call blocking. Haven't had to use the answer machine, because I have it set up through my cable service. I don't have a hearing problem, but I would imagine this would be a great phone for the hearing impaired. There is an error in the ad, in that it only comes with one handset, but I figured that out on my own before I bought it. Easily one of the best value purchases of my life.
on June 23, 2012
I really wanted a reasonably-priced DEC6 phone that lets you plug an earpiece into the cordless handset & has a base speaker. There aren't many. The sound is great, even satisfying my sister who hates any cordless phone (she worked for a big phone co. Customer Svc. for 15 years.) This one fits the bill. The fact that it doesn't have speed dial is a bit of a pain; you have to go into the Menu & the Contacts to dial anything that's stored.
on August 21, 2013
I chose this phone because it offered the features I wanted (answering machine of decent message length and speakerphone). I haven't tried all of the features yet (slow playback, intercom, speakerphone), but I found it easy to use and configure. Particularly, I turned off the call screening and call announcement features. Call screening is sometimes nice to use, but I didn't want it on for all calls.

There were a few small issues. First, the "leave a message" tone is a bit high and doesn't come through my cellphone very well. I used a landline to figure out it was working properly. Next, the "TAD" indicator, used to show you have voicemail on a telco system, is always on and can't be or won't reset. This isn't a big deal since I don't use this feature.

The manual seems to be out of sync with the phone firmware. To wit: there is no mention of using caller ID to set the date and time; It doesn't mention using the answering machine back-up button to walk backwards through the menus; The trash can button (to delete messages) also deletes caller ID entries, but that isn't in the manual; There is no mention that the play/pause button flashes red to indicate a message is waiting (this might be true for TAD messages as well). Caller ID lists names only in the first level menus and places a * next to new calls. However, you have to go one level down to get the name and number. I have a separate caller ID box that always give you new callers (name and number) first, even if they have called before, so you can review the new calls you received. No so here. There isn't any mention of it, but the trash can button (to delete messages) also works to delete unwanted caller ID's. After a power outage, the phone wants you to confirm the date and time. It keeps time (at least for my 1/2 hour outage), but it still wants date and time confirmed.

Another annoyance is the ringer volume on the cordless unit. It can't be set in increments of less than 3 bars. 3 bars is too loud and the next lower setting is ringer off. What's the point of having smaller increments if you can't set them. I couldn't find a way to do it.

The phone works quite well, and, other than the minor irritation of the manual not matching the phone very well and the cordless phone ringer volume, it was very easy to set up and use. The annoyances are why it got 4 of 5 stars.