fit with my D3100 ?? Does the Nikon 50mm f/1.8D AF Nikkor Lens fit and work with the Nikkon D3100 ?
why i heard that i can't buy any lens not DX ??
and is this lens has auto focus built in or not ??
ty all for help
asked by Haytham Ibrahim on December 23, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 answers
A
votes
Yup, if you're comfortable using manual focus this will work with your D3100. With that said, I'd probably put my money towards the 35mm 1.8 (Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras). It's more expensive and can be a little hard to get your hands on, but it will auto focus with the D3100. However, if you want a great lens to shoot static images (product shots, nature shots, even portraits) you really can't go wrong for the price. If you plan on taking candid pics of your kids or other non-posed pics, expect to loose some nice shots while you're trying to manually focus.
M. Rickman answered on January 15, 2011

A
votes
Here is a chart showing what can be used with the D3100:

http://www.nikonians.org/nikon/slr-lens.html

Basically, you can buy this lens, but you'll need to manually focus. One lense close to the 50mm above, is the 35mm:

Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras

This one will autofocus with the D3100. Hope this helps.
Jackson Goss answered on December 29, 2010

A
votes
It will not autofocus on the 3100, but it will meter fine. AF-D lense do have a CPU. What they lack is a built-in focuing motor.
Klaus answered on May 14, 2011

A
vote
There IS a 50mm that will AF with the D3100 now, but it hasn't been released yet. Nikon 50mm f/1.8G AF-S NIKKOR FX Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
R. Carroll answered on May 15, 2011

A
vote
You can buy a lens that is not DX and many will work fine. This one above will not auto focus. The Nikon AF and AF-D will not work on a camera that does not have an internal focus motor, like the D3100. The later lenses, AF-S, will work and auto focus. If the lens is an FX you will not get an image that is as wide and tall as what you see in the finder on a DX camera. You will get a good sharp image but you must compose more carefully to avoid the DX sensor cropping out vital parts of the image the FX lens can see.
Richard L. answered on October 25, 2013

A
votes
Thanks for answer , but what about I must only buy the DX lens only ? , sorrey I am new in cams
Haytham Ibrahim answered on December 28, 2010

A
votes
thank you so much for the very nice link
Haytham Ibrahim answered on December 29, 2010

A
votes
Yes, you just have to focus the lens yourself. It's not hard.
R. Carroll answered on May 30, 2011

A
votes
what lenses can i use on my Nikon D3000
teresa d'ambrosio answered on April 24, 2013

A
votes
Ihave never shot with manual focus, but with aperture. In that case, will this lens work?
Yon answered on May 29, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›