Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
[UPDATED] asked by Daniel Cinadr on August 20, 2010
Sort: Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 answers
A
P. Sukkham answered on February 24, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Well, I just bought a gently used D5000 for under $500, so that became my deciding factor. :)

I had a d40 but wanted to upgrade but didn't want to break the bank and hoped. Adding video capability would be nice but I didn't care for the auto focus in the d3100. I rather do it myself. I thought the hd video I saw was pretty impressive. It wasn't the best in the world, but for the odd clip here and there, sure beat my crappy Sony Webbie Hd.
Crimes&Misdemeanors answered on February 11, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'm looking at purchasing the D3100 or D5000 as well. I've never used either, but my son plays hockey and I need a camera that can capture some decent pictures. Can anyone tell me what camera would be best? I know hockey arenas are one of the hardest places to take pictures because they're so dark. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
summer2267 answered on December 24, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
So I am looking at the D5000 Vs The D3100 also......Flat out which one is better??? I used to be in to photography and then fell out of it for a few years and would like to get back in to it.....Nothing crazy, just for family and friends and I have the first gen Canon Rebel DSLR...... Which one is better. We are outdoors a lot, but have a little one now so I will be shooting inside as well.
K. E. Smith answered on December 7, 2010
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Bracketing is a feature that takes a series of pictures at varying exposure levels. In the normal settings with a 3 shot bracket, the camera will shoot its metered exposure, 1/3 stop underexposed, and 1/3 stop over exposed. You can do 5, 7, or 9 shot brackets as well as brackets on a single side (only over or underexposed).
It can be useful for HDR imaging or if you're having trouble getting the correct exposure.
Kevin Holst answered on September 21, 2010
Comment | 13 of 14 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Sorry if this makes me sound like a noob, but what is "bracketing?"
J. P. Mabry answered on September 21, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The D3100 doesn't bracket?
What? When was this announced?
Corey CW answered on September 16, 2010

A
Kevin Holst answered on September 14, 2010
Comment | 3 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Doesn't seem to have an external mike input, how much of the autofocus noise will it pick up? Will it be necessary to do double system sound to get good quality sound?
John W. Simpson Jr. answered on September 10, 2010

A
With the d3100 it looks that you will be forced to buy it with the kit lens, at least in the beginning. I wouldn't want a 18-55mm lens as it is too short of a range for a walk-a-round lens. Perhaps the 18-105mm lens would be a better choice with this new camera or the 16-85mm lens if you are willing to spend more money.
Robert B. Gillies answered on September 10, 2010
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product