Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nikon D3200 DX-format Digital SLR Kit w/ 18-55mm and 55-200mm VR Lens (Black). Includes D3200 DX-format Digital SLR Kit w/ 18-55mm DX VR Zoom Lens (Black), 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6G ED AF-S VR DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens, and Compact Deluxe Gadget Bag.
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

I did hours of research before purchasing the Nikon D3200 with the 18-55mm standard lens along with the additional 55-200mm lens. I am far from an expert with any kind of SLR camera, having only experience with the normal point and shoot variety. I didn't want to shell out excessive amounts of money for a camera that would overwhelm me.

I was interested in being able to continue taking the quick snapshots that I usually do with my point and shoot, but also extend my ability to control more aspects of my pictures outside of just pressing the shutter button. I really wanted to have the ability to dictate exactly what would go into a photo that I take, what parts of it would be in focus or out of focus, and also be able to really extend the zoom range for distances I could never get with a basic camera.

I was impressed with how easy this camera was to use. Directly out of the box, without reading any instructions the familiar picture format settings made this camera an easy transition for a rookie like me. The main dial on the top of the camera has the icons that are recognized easily as the same picture formats that are found on the basic camera so I could just turn the dial and fly between Automatic, Portrait, Action, Landscape, and even a new "Child" setting just for chasing around my three year old!

The lens was easy to manipulate, and with Nikon's "VR" or vibration reduction capability built into each lens, the process of bringing a distant shot in close was a snap. Changing out a lens is a breeze as well.

This camera is perfect for anyone like me looking to step up their own photography skills. I am very happy that I chose this camera for my new adventures.
on October 15, 2012
It's been close to 4 months or so since I got this product. It's really great DSLR camera. It has all the features of fancy DSLR at very affordable price. I compared it with my friend's cannon EOS 60D and I feel this is way better and is packed with many more features!! Well if you are a professional photographer who takes pictures for living then you might want to research but for rest it's perfect camera.

I take pictures of my kids in contact sports and pictures are amazing. It takes like 4 frames in a second!!! No blurs or pictures that looks shaken. It is 24 MP so pictures are fantastic. I think it is probably worth every cent I paid for it so far.

Drawback is the zoom is bulky to carry around. It is annoying to carry camera, tripod and zoom around when you travel a lot. But it is still smaller and lighter than most DSLR's.
on September 7, 2013
item doesn't come with memory Card so I'd suggest you buy one before you get one. has great battery life so far.
on January 7, 2014
This camera is a smaller SLR and it still takes great pictures of my family and scenery. I would recommend this to anybody. Battery life is amazing as well it takes like 500+ pics before you have to change out the battery.
on May 5, 2013
I thought about purchasing the outgoing Nikon D3100 to save a couple hundred dollars, but finally decided that I intend to use this device for several years, electing to get the latest generation. I don't regret it. The extra resolution of the camera allows a great deal of zooming of the pictures. This allows us to take pics of stuff that is a bit too far away, but still blow it up to a decent picture.

There are far more features that I've yet to explore but I look forward to it.

The big negative: I still can't believe they wouldn't include SOME kind of memory card. It's so absurd that they would ship you a camera that you can't use right out of the box!
on May 13, 2014
Purchased this camera for a vacation I was taking. This camera performed flawlessly, and produced great pictures. I had previously been a professional photographer, but for several years I have been using a "point and shoot". I wanted to get back in to using a higher quality camera, but wanted something that would allow me to easily take control of the settings, and still allow me to use an automatic mode when I needed to shoot quickly. This camera gave me exactly what I wanted.

The lenses that were provided were excellent for this price point, producing very sharp pictures, and great color rendition. The autofocus was extremely fast and accurate, and the image stabilization was great (I was able to handhold at 1/15 of a second, even fully zoomed out). The controls are very intuitive after you use it for a little while.

The only possible suggestion I could make would be to incorporate the Wi-Fi feature without the need for additional hardware. Otherwise, I am completely satisfied.
on December 28, 2013
Getting this camera was an all out adventure. First of all I wanted a camera with interchangeable lenses with auto features. I first ordered a similar outfit from another supplier (I would only say its name starts with an A*) except the telephoto lens was not Vibration Reduction (VR) and cost $100 less. Big problem with that supplier was that both the Amazon site and their site listed it as "In Stock" so I clicked it. Big mistake! 24 hours later, not a few hours, they sent a note telling the item was out of stock with a non confirmed back-order date. I needed the item sent to my son by Dec 12th, but because he was leaving with no news about my camera, I asked the supplier to send it directly to my office address. Their sales support personnel never responded with a positive response, citing regulations that prevented them to change shipping address and so, and almost the same from Amazon. In the end I found the offer from PixiBytes and contacted them, and they promptly responded the kit was in Stock. I click the order, notify them about it, and the camera kit was picked up by FedEx a few hours later. So, I cancelled the other. When it arrived I had to say this was a Superb Camera for the price! Sorry for Canon, Sony, Panasonic or other brands' lovers, for me Nikon is still the best in semi/pro consumer cameras! I got a meeting later with several friends and they had their Canon's, Pentax's, etc, and they all fell in love with the Nikon D3200. I told them there are others models better, but they like it as it is. Many of them are sure in replacing their older ones with a Nikon soon. Only regret I have from this Nikon is that this type of camera seems it's no longer made in Japan -like my SUV-, it's assembled in Thailand. I guess that is why they can offer a camera like this for this relatively low price. I am happy with it, and it arrived in time for all my Holidays picture taking parties! If you have the bucks you may try the D5200 or even more the D7200. I am very happy with my D3200. Great camera and great supplier, Pixibytes.
on February 25, 2014
This Nikon D3200 24.2 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX VR and 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED IF AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor Lenses is a great package and the camera and lens are out standing if this is your first time buying DSLR camera or if your looking at upgrading from a lower model. You should be paying 646ish. The lower priced models are most likely are an IMPORTED or "Gray Market Item" which means they have no USA Warranty. Make sure you go to Nikon USA website and look at there authorized retailers it will list Amazon but they also list other sellers too like Beach Camera and Cameta Camera they both are sellers here on amazon. If you know the zip code for the seller that is the best way to find out.
on April 9, 2014
I bought this for my daughter as a Christmas gift. She uses it all the time and enjoys it very much. We hve a older Nikon D50 from 8 years ago and it still takes great photos and works perfectly. That was a factor in me purchasing her a Nikon.
on April 11, 2014
This is a beginners camera. If you want to learn photography, this would be the ideal one to have. I'm very much amazed by the quality of the pictures which I have taken. I surely recommend this if you are a starter.